Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > Caravan or Towing

Caravan or Towing In this forum you can post anything with regards to caravaning or towing.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-07-2017, 20:34   #1
Lazy-Ferret
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Terrano 2.7TDi SE Touring
Default Smoke alarms?

What smoke alarm do you have in your caravan, and do you find it has a habit of going off every time you use the cooker, or is it better than that?

We had a Kidde one, and it felt like you only had to breath on it, and it went off, which resulted in us forever taking it off the roof, and removing the battery every time we cooked, but then we would often forget to put it back up.

I got a Fireangel Atom Smoke Alarm, which was recommended by a caravan place, to replace it, and over the cooler winter and spring months it seemed perfect. Unfortunately, the first hot day we had, we were sitting in the house and could hear an alarm which we eventually worked out to be coming from the caravan. I took the smoke alarm down, and removed the battery, then when the temperature in the caravan had cooled down a bit, I put the battery back in the smoke alarm, and put it back. The trouble is, during the warm weather it goes off all the time, so guess what, we end up taking it off the roof, removing the battery, and then forgetting to put it back again. Ironically, when I looked at the small print in the Atoms instruction sheet, it does specifically say that it is not for use in caravans.

So, time has come to replace it, but, what with?
Lazy-Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote