Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > I'm new here, please be gentle

I'm new here, please be gentle This is where you can "introduce yourself". A chance for you as a new member to say hello and for you to tell us about yourselves, your truck and your other interests.

Old 13-11-2019, 20:08   #16
elty001
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: 2000se+ 2.7tdi terrano II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
It's interesting as a lot of people point towards this and being the cause of the problem but even in the download there is no mention of the head unit at all in any of the NATS bits I read earlier

More reading has uncovered that if you swap the IMMU, you will need to re-pair the keys with it and the ECM, this again requires CONSULT II software. There are two types of IMMU, the big sticker on the top will either have an "A" or a "B" on it.

IF you have an "A" happy days, you run through the CONSULT II steps and when asked, your PIN is "5523" if you have a letter "B" you will need a combination of the 6 digit number next to the Siemens logo and then the lower 4 digit number in line with the "Made In Germany" line on the sticker.

These two numbers put together will then be enough for Nissan to generate you a PIN so you can re-pair, but again, needing CONSULT II
Just seems funny how all was ok until the stereo was swapped
elty001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2019, 16:21   #17
FerdiNL

Vehicle: SWB Pajero 3.2 DI-D

Last weekend I swapped for my 2nd new stereo and again no problems with the NATS system
FerdiNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2019, 21:27   #18
solarman216
Off road maniac

Vehicle: Y60 Patrol Me, 3 ltr Mrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post

I did read an interesting line through whereby if you do have a NATS lockout, the light will stay illuminated for 15 mins but after that time you will be able to start the car if you leave the ignition on?
Will be putting this to the test am tomorrow Zac as the Mrs left her lights on today in St Leonards, and as has happened before tried jumping it but no start, bally NATS again so bought battery home to charge but it has low capacity so have to run her to work in the morning and will pick up a new battery to fit, if it starts great but I fear it will not in which case I will try the above, if that does not work all I can do is leave it till Mrs finishes work at about 5 and hope it will start then, if not I will tow the thing home, perfect motor apart from this issue, Rick
3 inch SS straight through exhaust
Manly winch bumper with 13000 lb winch
10 spike ground anchor, with multiple straps and blocks
Super strong body cills capped with scaffold pole
20% stronger springs all round
aggressive off road tyres on wheels so just swap.
Aim to get stuck and be completely self sufficient in extraction, love getting muddy, 2ft deep is good but rare.
solarman216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2019, 19:41   #19
solarman216
Off road maniac

Well stuck a new battery on it at 8.30 this morning, but no joy, locked it up thinking Maggs will not be trying to stat it till about 5pm when she comes back from taxi job but no she tried it at 2pm probably not enough time laps for it to sort itself, I called in again at 4pm still no go so headed home for my mates car trailer, but it was not there, so rang Nissan but they could not help as not got a NATS reader, spoke to a car locksmith, he suggested easy start but if that did not work he could come out with his computer, so back to St Leonards with a squirt can and lo and behold it ran, so I was thinking glow plugs, but no it started again as normal on the glow plugs no squirt and an hour or so later it started for Maggs no problem, so I am at a complete loss to explain it , Rick
Aim to get stuck and be completely self sufficient in extraction, love getting muddy, 2ft deep is good but rare.
Old 20-11-2019, 19:48   #20
Blocky10

Vehicle: 2004 Terrano 3.0 SVE Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarman216 View Post
Well stuck a new battery on it at 8.30 this morning, but no joy, locked it up thinking Maggs will not be trying to stat it till about 5pm when she comes back from taxi job but no she tried it at 2pm probably not enough time laps for it to sort itself, I called in again at 4pm still no go so headed home for my mates car trailer, but it was not there, so rang Nissan but they could not help as not got a NATS reader, spoke to a car locksmith, he suggested easy start but if that did not work he could come out with his computer, so back to St Leonards with a squirt can and lo and behold it ran, so I was thinking glow plugs, but no it started again as normal on the glow plugs no squirt and an hour or so later it started for Maggs no problem, so I am at a complete loss to explain it , Rick
no way Rick. Doesn't make sense does it. Cheap fix though, which is always nice.
One day someone will understand this NATS headache
Blocky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2019, 15:31   #21
Banshee

Vehicle: 04 2.7 SWB Terrano II Van

Quote:
That's crazy!!! Doesn't even sound like it could be a NATS problem now then at all!!!

Next time someone joins the forum with a NATS problem, let's just recommend easy start

04' Terrano II SE 2.7 TDi SWB Commercial in Silver - Project Thread
Toyo Open Country M/T 33's on 10J Steels, Super Strong Steering Job
Navara D22 Snorkel, Front LOKKA, Maunal Hubs, EGR Blank
TunitII ECU Chip, 3" Body Lift, 2" Suss Lift, Heat Exchanger
Black Interior, 3.0 Borg&Beck Clutch, Eckes Heated Fuel Filter

99' Y61 Patrol GR SE 2.8 TD6 LWB in Blue/Silver - Project Thread
Engine Transplant - In Progress!!!
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2019, 18:31   #22
Romanis-King

Vehicle: Y61 2004
Default NATS problem Patrol

I have just bought the said 3.0 patrol and had an hour messing with it today,
I re installed the original radio which when turned on said WAIT then after a minute said SECURE but the nats light was still solid and no starting.
I shall keep you posted to any improvements. Let the challenge begin.
Romanis-King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2020, 17:47   #23
Romanis-King

Default It Lives............

The Patrol is alive!!!!!!!
info as to what has transpired to achieve such a momentous feat.
I started collecting as much info as possible regarding the NATS on the Patrol as i was 90% sure that was the issue.
The only way to get into the immobilizer program was using a Nissan Consult diagnostic program along with a Nissan interface plus the security card to unlock the NATS.
I bought a Toughbook as it takes the card £230 very good second hand.
I bought the interface $500 from malaysia, tried to get the card but no stock
Fortunately i found a guy who had posted a program that i wrote into the Consult program and it unlocks the NATS. sweet so plugged it all in and tried to rewrite the immobilizer, all seemed well but still no starting or radio. Then back to the internet i stumbled on this guy.ECU Decode who completely takes off the NATS from the ecu and put on a straight through live start £160+vat. Plugged it in and started straight away. Chuffed to bits.
Old 25-01-2020, 00:49   #24
johnb5177

Vehicle: 02Terrano II 3.0 SVE Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by elty001 View Post
I changed my Nissan stereo for an aftermarket one and fitted a home made facia panel with a hazard switch and have had no issues.
Factory wiring plugged straight in and I just piggy backed the wires for my hazard switch from the loom.
I think the installation of the new stereo is to blame for the Nats issue.
I somehow was lucky then, when I replaced my original stereo, and also fitted a hazard light into the loom.....no effect on NATS.....
johnb5177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2020, 14:44   #25
Romanis-King

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnb5177 View Post
I somehow was lucky then, when I replaced my original stereo, and also fitted a hazard light into the loom.....no effect on NATS.....
I think its Euro spec from nats 5 onwards.
Old 11-03-2022, 16:44   #26
PatrickWalker

Quote:
Hi swr123 and welcome, your best bet and the cheapest is to call out a car locksmith, after repeated start attempts you will be locked out on NATS, make sure you explain all that you have done, but basically he will hook up a computer and reprogram your keys etc, I had similar some time ago when I inadvertently used a non chipped key, 3 strikes and you are out, took the guy 20 mins to sort it and charged £60 which I thought was good as he had over an hours round trip to me, Rick
Which car locksmith company you can call for such help, please share the name of that company here?
PatrickWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 20:58   #27
solarman216
Off road maniac

Hi Patrick, I see you are in the US so am unable to help, but unless things are different in the states, any car locksmith that can program chipped keys should be able to sort you out, Rick