Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > Members free classifieds and wanted items.

Members free classifieds and wanted items. Place your Nissan/Ford 4x4 vehicles or related items for sale and wanted here.

Old 08-06-2018, 21:13   #16
luke1987
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Nissan Terrano 2.7 SE LWB

Another thing ive found is that even though the later terrano's run an electronic fuel pump the pump body itself still retains the adjustable slots in its body. Now over the years the pump wears so you end up with play in the pump shaft so in effect what happens at the front of the pump is out at the rear due to the wear, Ive moved mine on the slots about half an inch and my god did it make one hell of a difference no more smoke and the thing pulls like it never has before.
luke1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 00:02   #17
terranosaurusdoug

Vehicle: 2000 Terrano lwb 2.7TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke1987 View Post
Another thing ive found is that even though the later terrano's run an electronic fuel pump the pump body itself still retains the adjustable slots in its body. Now over the years the pump wears so you end up with play in the pump shaft so in effect what happens at the front of the pump is out at the rear due to the wear, Ive moved mine on the slots about half an inch and my god did it make one hell of a difference no more smoke and the thing pulls like it never has before.
Do you have to strip the pump to do that?
terranosaurusdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 00:30   #18
solarman216
Off road maniac

Vehicle: Y60 Patrol Me, 3 ltr Mrs

no it is the point where the pump is bolted to the timing cover 3 bolts if I remember correctly in slits on the pump, you need to slacken the fuel pipe connections and twist the pump in a clockwise direction (viewing from the rear of the pump) this simply advances the timing, but could do more harm than goods so be ware, Rick
3 inch SS straight through exhaust
Manly winch bumper with 13000 lb winch
10 spike ground anchor, with multiple straps and blocks
Super strong body cills capped with scaffold pole
20% stronger springs all round
aggressive off road tyres on wheels so just swap.
Aim to get stuck and be completely self sufficient in extraction, love getting muddy, 2ft deep is good but rare.
solarman216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 09:51   #19
luke1987

Vehicle: Nissan Terrano 2.7 SE LWB

Rick is right it would advance the timing on a manual pump but the td27i has an electronic pump so the timing is done electronically anyway, If you look at it this way the pump will wear over the years so what is happening at the front is not necessarily happening at the rear, so by advancing the pump slightly we remove the wear. There is a section in the manual that shows how to do it properly with a dial gauge in the rear of the pump. But I trust someone who's been setting up diesel's for 30 years to do it for me . Its not a nice job to do as Rick said its slacken the fuel pipes and remove the vac pump to get at the bolts.
luke1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 12:18   #20
terranosaurusdoug

Unhappy

it's getting left for now then, I've had enough hassle getting the starter motor off
Old 09-06-2018, 15:46   #21
george

Vehicle: swb terrano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Good luck, we couldn't even get a picture of the "Tuning Boxes"
Always someone negative... Rick has been sent the email

1k pot across pins 2 and 3 on the fuel pump loom, works for Bosch or zexel

Dyno proven 30bhp and 100nm gains
george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 16:09   #22
Thomas61

Vehicle: Terrano but now Honda CRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by george View Post
Always someone negative... Rick has been sent the email

1k pot across pins 2 and 3 on the fuel pump loom, works for Bosch or zexel

Dyno proven 30bhp and 100nm gains
Not negative just a truthful observation. As as non member appearing to be selling goods I would be trying to keep a lower profile than trying to antagonize a moderator again.
Thomas61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 16:46   #23
george

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas61 View Post
Not negative just a truthful observation. As as non member appearing to be selling goods I would be trying to keep a lower profile than trying to antagonize a moderator again.
Was a fully paid member for 3years... and where does it say I'm selling something??
Old 09-06-2018, 16:48   #24
george

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
You're a smart un' boyo

Very excited
Smart? I'd just posted how to do it
Old 09-06-2018, 22:27   #25
terranosaurusdoug

I feel the need to say something!!!

I don't see what peoples problem is with this box or george it's not the most sophisticated way of doing things but its cheap and it sure as hell works! He's posted on here his "secret" and he's getting stick for it, when he posted a while back selling them he got stick for that but why? Some people were upset because he wouldn't reveal all but thats just capitlaism ain't it?

My aunt had to pay £160 to toyota for a new key and it recoding because she can't make her own keys and can't code them up, she gets a new key, toyota make some money. I bet if I asked them to borrow their computer so I could copy what was on it they'd tell me to get lost wouldn't they?

Come on guys get off his back eh
Old 09-06-2018, 23:45   #26
Lazy-Ferret

Vehicle: Terrano 2.7TDi SE Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by terranosaurusdoug View Post
I feel the need to say something!!!

I don't see what peoples problem is with this box or george it's not the most sophisticated way of doing things but its cheap and it sure as hell works! He's posted on here his "secret" and he's getting stick for it, when he posted a while back selling them he got stick for that but why? Some people were upset because he wouldn't reveal all but thats just capitlaism ain't it?

My aunt had to pay £160 to toyota for a new key and it recoding because she can't make her own keys and can't code them up, she gets a new key, toyota make some money. I bet if I asked them to borrow their computer so I could copy what was on it they'd tell me to get lost wouldn't they?

Come on guys get off his back eh
Lazy-Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 12:31   #27
Fez_uk

Vehicle: Maverick 2.7 - Patrol 4.2

Some people have got the wrong end of the stick, Also i dont think theres much hate.

This mod is a fairly common thing on other vehicle fuel systems, never really knew it it applied to terranos. i guess it does
Fez_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 16:17   #28
Banshee

Vehicle: 04 2.7 SWB Terrano II Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fez_uk View Post
Some people have got the wrong end of the stick, Also i dont think theres much hate.

This mod is a fairly common thing on other vehicle fuel systems, never really knew it it applied to terranos. i guess it does
At what cost though? As most of you know I'm not one scared to try a mod or 5 but by installing said electronics, what other detrimental effects will this have in the long run, or even short term on components including IP, MAF etc.

I'm not knocking the method or saying it can't be done, I just believe in applying a bit of thought and logic to things before jumping into the unknown.

Yes you'll probably see 30BHP increase in performance, but would others have neccasarily thought about the possible legalities of it in terms of insurance for instance?

Given the OP's attitude towards the deconstruction of the "tuning boxes" he was trying to sell, I'd fear fitting said device to my vehicle without fully understanding what it does, and how it works at a component level.

Were said boxes manufactured by someone that knew about electronics at all? Are the devices CE stamped to comply with automotive electronic standards? Highly doubtful to all of the above I guess.

I'm just fussier than your next guy and maybe such interrogation raised the question as to whether I was just trying to rip the box off and start making my own for profit?

Who knows, who cares, end of the day I just want to look out for my fellow forum members and friends.

04' Terrano II SE 2.7 TDi SWB Commercial in Silver - Project Thread
Toyo Open Country M/T 33's on 10J Steels, Super Strong Steering Job
Navara D22 Snorkel, Front LOKKA, Maunal Hubs, EGR Blank
TunitII ECU Chip, 3" Body Lift, 2" Suss Lift, Heat Exchanger
Black Interior, 3.0 Borg&Beck Clutch, Eckes Heated Fuel Filter

99' Y61 Patrol GR SE 2.8 TD6 LWB in Blue/Silver - Project Thread
Engine Transplant - In Progress!!!

Last edited by Banshee; 11-06-2018 at 16:56.
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 19:25   #29
Banshee

Vehicle: 04 2.7 SWB Terrano II Van

RIP Uncle Rustic

04' Terrano II SE 2.7 TDi SWB Commercial in Silver - Project Thread
Toyo Open Country M/T 33's on 10J Steels, Super Strong Steering Job
Navara D22 Snorkel, Front LOKKA, Maunal Hubs, EGR Blank
TunitII ECU Chip, 3" Body Lift, 2" Suss Lift, Heat Exchanger
Black Interior, 3.0 Borg&Beck Clutch, Eckes Heated Fuel Filter

99' Y61 Patrol GR SE 2.8 TD6 LWB in Blue/Silver - Project Thread
Engine Transplant - In Progress!!!
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 20:19   #30
terranosaurusdoug

I definitely interpreted it as people just wanting to make one for themselves, as for insurance, warranties and ce marks, who on here has a ce mark on every mod on their truck? A lot of people have navara snorkels fitted to their terranos, the people that supply them will tell us to get lost if one ever split sucking water in and wrecking an engine and we tried to get some money out of them, how many people have diy body lift kits? The tuning boxes that cost more, i have absolutely no idea how they work but if one was my only option i would get one!
I have had my gadget from george for probably over a year with no problems apart from clutch slipping due to the power, the reason I got one was cos its cheap and there are loads and loads people that have had them for a long period of time with no problems, some of who I have met!, much better than a recommendation on a website which I don't know if they are even real people writing them.

I have been surprised at the comments and the tone of the comments towards george, he has not tried to harm or rip anybody off and was a fee paying member for (I'll take his word on this) three years and I'm guessing the reason he no longer is is due to previous treatment he recieved, and he still came on here and gave us the info about the gadget, even emailing the specs to people, seems like a top bloke to me