Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > I'm new here, please be gentle

I'm new here, please be gentle This is where you can "introduce yourself". A chance for you as a new member to say hello and for you to tell us about yourselves, your truck and your other interests.

Old 24-08-2007, 18:26   #1
andytit

Default hiya all

Hi i am Andy from Reading i have a 1994 Maverick swb 2.4i which i purchased about a month ago ,just done a hoilday trip to France 1500 mile round trip! with no probs except front exhaust pipe blowing near manifold Ford want over £200 for one 8O did not know they are made of gold!!
Old 24-08-2007, 18:45   #2
Terranosaurus
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: 2001 2.7 TDi T2 SWB

Is it the cvast iron manifold or the down pipe thats gone, or is it just a gasket?

The manifolds seem to fail, mine has cracked and I've seen a few in scrap yards with the same problem, inc some that had been welded up. If you can weld that might be worth a trip, take it for a good thrashing to get the cast iron hot, quickly in with an angle grinder to reveal some clean metal then in with the welded or full chat to weld it up. If it doesn't work you've not lost anything.

If its the down pipe(s) they're available think mine was about £80 but not sure might hgave been more. The problem is getting the Lambda sensor out, mine stripped its threads so I had to buy a new one of them too.

If its gasket at the head, I've no experience, but theres no gasket from the manifold to the down pipe(s) just 2 stainless steel sealing rings, so it might be worth just tightening the nuts up hard to see it that cures it.
Terranosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2007, 18:52   #3
robyice

HI Andy and welcome to the club even though im fairly new here, I used to live in Maidenhead not far from you.
Old 24-08-2007, 19:50   #4
jims-terrano

Hi welcome to the club. Get yourself round to Kwik Fit and let them take a nosey for you. Put your vehicle details in your signature and then everyone knows what car you have when you ask a question.

See Ya
Jim T
jims-terrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2007, 20:52   #5
andytit

its the down pipe thats split no exhaust places will touch it and the one i have found says he will have to remove the gearbox to remove it?
Old 24-08-2007, 21:21   #6

Hi, welcome to the club, glad you found us.

Trouble with most places like kwit fit and so is they are part bolter oners and not mechanics. What you need, is like Hummingbird said a good old fashioned welder or a mechanic to do it.
Old 24-08-2007, 21:36   #7
jace

i cant believe any manufacturer gonna route an exaust so u need to take gbox out to replace it ! can they?
Old 24-08-2007, 22:05   #8
Deleted Member S

Hi & wellcome to the club :smile: Theres no way you would have to drop the G/box to change the front pipe :roll:
Deleted Member S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2007, 22:18   #9
Deleted Member

Hi Andy,welcome to the club,i wouldn't have thought you would have to drop the gear box,try a good mechanic!! 8) 8) :smile: