Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > Members free classifieds and wanted items.

Members free classifieds and wanted items. Place your Nissan/Ford 4x4 vehicles or related items for sale and wanted here.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:33   #1
Dartmoor_Lad
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Ford Mav 2.4i LWB 1994
Default Urgent Want 2.4 thermostat housing

Got the new radiator for my 2.4 Maverick, well thought I may as well change the thermostat while everything is out as it's a pig of a job on the 2.4 petrol. Putting it all back together I must have over tightenend and have broken the housing. I kicked the tub with the bolts across the garden in temper and now I cant find them!!!

Does anyone have a 2.4i thermostat housing and bolts lying around? I need to get the car back on the road uregently as needed for work and can't afford to take time off at the moment as they are lookin to cut 4 staff from the 14 of us in the department.
Dartmoor_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:52   #2
rustic

Vehicle: Maverick Mk I 2.7 TD LWB

Sorry I can't help you with the housing, but the number of times I have done that.... I'll just tighten it a little bit..... more.....crack....."oh dear it has broken" Or words to that effect.
I now have a strong magnet to capture those items that seem to run off when you least expect them. Works a treat on grass.
Like for hidden springs or ball bearings.

With low pressure stuff and central heating I always tighten barely enough, then tighten more "IF" it leaks. Too late now..

How many times have you banged your head and some kind sole immediately says " Mind Your Head !" Agghhhh

Do you think that maybe the stat was not in the correct location, and caused the stress while tightening? unusual to break a stat housing.

It's like spray painting, just one more light spray....... then the runs start.
rustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 13:11   #3
cncfabs

Vehicle: terrano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartmoor_Lad View Post
Got the new radiator for my 2.4 Maverick, well thought I may as well change the thermostat while everything is out as it's a pig of a job on the 2.4 petrol. Putting it all back together I must have over tightenend and have broken the housing. I kicked the tub with the bolts across the garden in temper and now I cant find them!!!

Does anyone have a 2.4i thermostat housing and bolts lying around? I need to get the car back on the road uregently as needed for work and can't afford to take time off at the moment as they are lookin to cut 4 staff from the 14 of us in the department.
have one of those will remove and get back to you later at work at moment
cncfabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 15:09   #4
Dartmoor_Lad

Vehicle: Ford Mav 2.4i LWB 1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncfabs View Post
have one of those will remove and get back to you later at work at moment
That would be great, could I have the little bolts too please. Paypal ok for you?
Dartmoor_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote