Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

Old 26-01-2011, 12:45   #16
lacroupade
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheel View Post
This is the vehicle I use for business purposes.It belongs to the boss but I use it daily as he has other vehicles to play with.It has only done 37000 miles and is in mint condition.Petrol though so thirsty.Lovely to drive but not that great in mud.Pretty good on ice and snow.
Thats you off my Xmas card list then

While I might think they are overpriced, it doesn't mean I'd love one! So I now hate you with a pash!

Can you remind us what kit its got? I seem to recall they have diff lockers etc..?
lacroupade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2011, 21:19   #17
Adz

Vehicle: 1995 SWB Terrano

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacroupade View Post
Can you remind us what kit its got? I seem to recall they have diff lockers etc..?
Fully locked i do believe
Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2011, 21:27   #18
Timbo_1975

Vehicle: Inbetween Terrano's !

Yes, they have 3 manually lockable diffs- front rear and centre.

The 5 cyl 3.0 l diesel is unbelievably slow though, even with an aftermarket turbo kit pushing it up to ~130hp.
Timbo_1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2011, 22:08   #19
Adz

Vehicle: 1995 SWB Terrano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo_1975 View Post
Yes, they have 3 manually lockable diffs- front rear and centre.

The 5 cyl 3.0 l diesel is unbelievably slow though, even with an aftermarket turbo kit pushing it up to ~130hp.
Off road it must have a lot of talk
Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 00:26   #20
4wheel

Vehicle: Terrano 11 2.7Tdi SWB
Default G W

Plenty of torque but when all the gadgets are locked up it is virtually straight line only as grunts and groans if you turn too sharply.Not happy in a reverse turn either.However if you are on a slippery slope it is just the business and brilliant in snow and ice.This one has dual purpose snow tyres so no problem there.Went to Merc for MoT(no more) and they replaced the lower control arm.Took them 4 attempts to get the wheel alignment right.The first time they delivered it the roadholding was frightning.Must be the tyres they said,my arse said I,the front wheels are visibly facing outwards.Good old dealers,reliable to the end.
Also very rock and roll on a country road but always feels secure.She is a heavy old girl though and if you push the gears(auto) you won't get any change out of 20mpg.
I do enjoy driving it though especially when giving Landy drivers the occasional posh wave.
4wheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 13:45   #21
lacroupade

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheel View Post
Plenty of torque but when all the gadgets are locked up it is virtually straight line only as grunts and groans if you turn too sharply.Not happy in a reverse turn either.However if you are on a slippery slope it is just the business and brilliant in snow and ice.This one has dual purpose snow tyres so no problem there.Went to Merc for MoT(no more) and they replaced the lower control arm.Took them 4 attempts to get the wheel alignment right.The first time they delivered it the roadholding was frightning.Must be the tyres they said,my arse said I,the front wheels are visibly facing outwards.Good old dealers,reliable to the end.
Also very rock and roll on a country road but always feels secure.She is a heavy old girl though and if you push the gears(auto) you won't get any change out of 20mpg.
I do enjoy driving it though especially when giving Landy drivers the occasional posh wave.
Interesting, thanks! I'd heard that having lockers front AND rear was pretty unmanageable but good to hear first hand experience from someone who's used them in anger.
lacroupade is offline   Reply With Quote