Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > Report Website Problems Here Only!

Report Website Problems Here Only! Please report here any problems you find with the new format site. Please feel free to post any comments you feel may improve the the site.

Old 24-10-2017, 21:54   #1
macabethiel
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Freelander & Jeep GC 3.0
Question Log on not being saved normally ?

I have my password for this site saved and I have ticked the box for it to remember me but a couple of days ago it went as I had forgotten my password I had to re-set it.

Now every time I log on I have to enter the user name and password by starting to type the user name and then it auto fills the password.

I have uninstalled Chrome and loaded it back on but same problem. It could be my end as my photo has decided to disappear from my Chrome Log on ?

Has anything changed at your end ?
macabethiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2017, 08:34   #2
Banshee

Vehicle: 04 2.7 SWB Terrano II Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by macabethiel View Post
I have my password for this site saved and I have ticked the box for it to remember me but a couple of days ago it went as I had forgotten my password I had to re-set it.

Now every time I log on I have to enter the user name and password by starting to type the user name and then it auto fills the password.

I have uninstalled Chrome and loaded it back on but same problem. It could be my end as my photo has decided to disappear from my Chrome Log on ?

Has anything changed at your end ?
No changes this end sir

If Chrome has just reverted the picture back to the stock grey one then it sounds to me like your Google account has been signed out of Chrome, this would also make sense as to why the forum didn't log in automatically as your cached passwords would only work when signed in as you.

To sign back into your account, open chrome, go to the 3 dots on the menu bar at the top right of the screen click settings, then top option on that screen will give you the option to sign back in

04' Terrano II SE 2.7 TDi SWB Commercial in Silver - Project Thread
Toyo Open Country M/T 33's on 10J Steels, Super Strong Steering Job
Navara D22 Snorkel, Front LOKKA, Maunal Hubs, EGR Blank
TunitII ECU Chip, 3" Body Lift, 2" Suss Lift, Heat Exchanger
Black Interior, 3.0 Borg&Beck Clutch, Eckes Heated Fuel Filter

99' Y61 Patrol GR SE 2.8 TD6 LWB in Blue/Silver - Project Thread
Engine Transplant - In Progress!!!
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2017, 17:45   #3
macabethiel

Unhappy Website log on.

Not sure what the reason is but I have to log onto the gmail section of the Google Chrome Home page first to then get onto this site & others without entering username & passwords semi-manually. They are remembered but even with the box ticked to remember me I still have to use the go to an active window for it to insert the details.

I am wondering if it is because I have Mozilla Thunderbird as my default e-mail programme.
On Win 10 it seemed to load Google Chrome with my photo and everything worked on sites where I had saved the passwords.

I have tried your method and it says I am logged on but the photo is of a Pie not me !!
I have tried remembering current pages but still no joy...groan.

My old Medion Tower PC runs Win 7 and Chrome logs on by itself. I have tried uninstalling Chrome and re-loading but no difference. I just love Windows lol
Old 28-10-2017, 22:32   #4
macabethiel

Thumbs up Log on is now fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
No changes this end sir

If Chrome has just reverted the picture back to the stock grey one then it sounds to me like your Google account has been signed out of Chrome, this would also make sense as to why the forum didn't log in automatically as your cached passwords would only work when signed in as you.

To sign back into your account, open chrome, go to the 3 dots on the menu bar at the top right of the screen click settings, then top option on that screen will give you the option to sign back in
Finally sorted it by deleting all cookies & history and restored chrome to default settings!
Old 28-10-2017, 22:35   #5
jims-terrano

Well done, easy logons from now on
jims-terrano is offline   Reply With Quote