Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

Old 23-03-2019, 02:07   #1
macabethiel
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Freelander & Jeep GC 3.0
Exclamation Petition to stop Brexit

Interesting that there is a petition with just over 3 million votes to remain in the EU but no straight petition to just get on with it and leave although there is one for leaving without a deal.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions?state=open

I lost faith in our politicians after the "Expenses Scandal" where it was obvious that they stole taxpayers money for personal gain.

Now we face a true test of British Democracy as they try to ignore the electoral result they are faced with. I feel very angry that Parliament is blocking what PM May is trying to do - deliver what the voters asked for.

Not sure if there is time between now and the next general election for a new political party to rise with real British Interests at heart. Sadly UKIP has virtually sunk without trace. I suspect we are in danger of a far right alternative gaining ground.

I feel like I should don a Yellow Vest and become militant. I will not mention what they are tryring to do to the only radio station I listen to - Radio 4.
macabethiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2019, 05:14   #2
jims-terrano

It raises a lot of questions doesn’t it.

One question that I don’t understand is why people or politicians are so frightened of handing the decision back to the people again simply because the politicians can’t make the decision?

To be honest though I just don’t give a stuff about the lot of them because despite the fact we are supposed to live in a democracy we don’t really, we don’t have any power to really make a difference. Only time when politicians want us is when it’s election time.

Last person with clear intentions down at parliament was Guy Fawkes.

Whatever happens with Brexit the things I’m sure of is the sun will rise the morning after, the animals will still wake up and carry on their simple lives.

I do wish the media and politicians would stop talking about a split in the people, a division or whatever. No there isn’t but if they carry on talking about one they may create one.

I’m personally not worrying about it because I can’t influence the result so no point worrying. I’m concentrating on recovering and living life as full as I can with the important things in life, my friends and family.
jims-terrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2019, 06:57   #3
don simon

Vehicle: Terrano ii

Quote:
Originally Posted by macabethiel View Post
Interesting that there is a petition with just over 3 million votes to remain in the EU but no straight petition to just get on with it and leave although there is one for leaving without a deal.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions?state=open

I lost faith in our politicians after the "Expenses Scandal" where it was obvious that they stole taxpayers money for personal gain.

Now we face a true test of British Democracy as they try to ignore the electoral result they are faced with. I feel very angry that Parliament is blocking what PM May is trying to do - deliver what the voters asked for.

Not sure if there is time between now and the next general election for a new political party to rise with real British Interests at heart. Sadly UKIP has virtually sunk without trace. I suspect we are in danger of a far right alternative gaining ground.

I feel like I should don a Yellow Vest and become militant. I will not mention what they are tryring to do to the only radio station I listen to - Radio 4.
Start one? Nothing stopping you.
I think the biggest block to getting Brexit through has been the leave voters who have changed their minds as the facts and truths about how damaging to the UK Brexit will be have come out. I can't think of one single area where our lives will be improved in post Nrexit Britain. And I'm yet to have a leave voter tell me how Britain mproves under Brexit.
don simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2019, 08:18   #4
jims-terrano

Actually if you look down the list of petitions there are several on the subject of Brexit and indeed focused on Leave as well as Remain.

Not that I believe in these petitions making any difference whatsoever.
jims-terrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2019, 10:53   #5
macabethiel

Vehicle: Freelander & Jeep GC 3.0
Default I did sign one petition though!

I found the one about firework sales and signed it - trouble is not enough people have had their home damaged to get people to sign.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/new...er-home-783750

Out of interest the Legal Firm who were instructed by our insurers with a view to civil recovery have now ceased their efforts as under Data Protection Legislation the Police refused to pass on the details of the two people responsible.

The household where the firework was discharged from has refused to cooperate with the Legal Firm he will not name his "friend" who attended the firework party.

What a nice man Wendy & I think he is - it is believed he is a teacher at a nearby private school !
macabethiel is offline   Reply With Quote