Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

Old 04-12-2019, 22:17   #1
jims-terrano
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Default Quiet Today

A bit quiet on here today guys, are you all working over for some extra pennies for Christmas?

I’ve finished for the week. Taking my project Terrano down to Barnsley for some welding, not really fit for all that malarkey especially when it’s cold. Then back home to take the skoda for service and then wife to work. Then in the afternoon collect skoda and pick wife up from work.
Then Friday it all begins again as supposed to be having the new front door fitted but I’m not holding my breath on that and then picking up the terrano.

Then on stanby for work all weekend, oh joy.

All good fun
jims-terrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 23:24   #2
macabethiel

Vehicle: Freelander & Jeep GC 3.0
Angry Hospital Appointments have dominated over last few days.

Paid to see a Consultant Cardiologist last Friday as I am less than impressed with the NHS handling of my present condition. Not an easy decision as I am pro NHS and against the idea of queue jumping if you pay.

I was last in hospital for a couple of days in July 2019 after a night time cardiac episode. I was discharged without treatment, I was told another Angiogram was too invasive so waited until the 4th November 2019 to have an 'urgent' Stress (Dobutamine) Echo Cardiogram.

After an initial ECG /Ultrasound scan the Doctor in Clinical Measurements declined to proceed with the Dobutamine test - he would advise the consultant that a Heart Scan would be more appropriate.

Meanwhile Private Consultant has referred me under the NHS for a special heart scan only Nottingham have machine (Outside my Health Trust Area) with a referral to the NHS Heart Failure Clinic in Derby to review/change my medication. I will see her again privately when this scan has been done so she can advise me what the best treatment is.

Meanwhile yesterday 3rd December saw NHS Cardiology Registrar (Consultant too busy its a stretched department) for the follow up to the aborted Stress Test. Was told my heart efficiency has fallen by 10% since July to 35%. That sounds bad but normal is anything around the 55-60% mark - mine was 45% in September.

NHS yesterday urgently referred me for another (cheaper?) type of scan at Derby. Yesterday they changed my medication - I am pretty sure that NHS Cardiology Team are aware of my Private Consultation. I was not surprised that this local scan was not ordered following the aborted test on the 4th November - another month lost!

I have now waited 5 months to have nothing done and my condition has got worse! I intend to continue with this two pronged Private v NHS approach to get the right outcome for me. So far the Private Fees have been the same as buying a pair of decent tyres for the Jeep - that's how I am looking at the expenditure.lol
macabethiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 00:17   #3
Blocky10

Vehicle: 2004 Terrano 3.0 SVE Auto

Been a busy boy the last few weeks. Busy at work and busy converting part of my shed into a beauty therapy / chill out room for my girls. Have taken plenty of photos of the transformation.
Also helping my brother move out of his workshop which has been hard heavy work it'll be worth it though. The terrano will be needing some serious maintenance as well as a couple of mods I have lined up.
Blocky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 00:20   #4
solarman216
Off road maniac

Vehicle: Y60 Patrol Me, 3 ltr Mrs

Clearly it varies with the part of the country you live in, around this time last year I had the digit test for prostrate probs and was sent very quickly for an MRI scan and a biopsy, the result was a very low order of cancer of the prostrate, but it showed my liver as black on the scan, this was the discovery of iron overload, since then I have had a pint of blood taken every two weeks until now when I am almost down to normal levels, and the period has now been extended to every 3 weeks, I cannot fault in any way my treatment, it has been first class, so I am rather sad to hear of your problems, I guess it is to do with how stretched a particular hospital/department is, I wish you luck with your health, Rick
3 inch SS straight through exhaust
Manly winch bumper with 13000 lb winch
10 spike ground anchor, with multiple straps and blocks
Super strong body cills capped with scaffold pole
20% stronger springs all round
aggressive off road tyres on wheels so just swap.
Aim to get stuck and be completely self sufficient in extraction, love getting muddy, 2ft deep is good but rare.
solarman216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 00:29   #5
jims-terrano

Hope everyone’s health issues are gradually getting sorted out so that you can have a peaceful Christmas. I think you are right Rick it does seem to depend geographically where you are as well as departments needed.
jims-terrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 04:08   #6
macabethiel

Vehicle: Freelander & Jeep GC 3.0
Default They call it the Postcode Lottery then its a Department Lottery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarman216 View Post
Clearly it varies with the part of the country you live in, around this time last year I had the digit test for prostrate probs and was sent very quickly for an MRI scan and a biopsy, the result was a very low order of cancer of the prostrate, but it showed my liver as black on the scan, this was the discovery of iron overload, since then I have had a pint of blood taken every two weeks until now when I am almost down to normal levels, and the period has now been extended to every 3 weeks, I cannot fault in any way my treatment, it has been first class, so I am rather sad to hear of your problems, I guess it is to do with how stretched a particular hospital/department is, I wish you luck with your health, Rick
To my surprise Derby Royal Hospital has 14 Cardiology Consultants each having a team of Registrars so there seems to be plenty of Staff but it is a much in demand department - in my view they are let down by a lack of full time secretaries -its usually an ansaphone when you ring - they have never called me back, I continually have canceled appointments pushing me back several weeks each time.

By comparison last year when I had a Cancerous Mole (Carcinoma) removed from my shoulder the time between GP referral and the operation was just under 2 weeks - at present I am attending the follow up clinic every 3 months turn taking between Dermatologist & Plastic Surgeon who did the job - brilliant service.

Rick I try to see the best side of things as I know there are folk much worse off than me.
macabethiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:44   #7
panelbeater

Vehicle: nissan terrano 2 2.7 tdi

i must confess that in past the nhs has served me proud with all my probs except 1 time when i could not keep anything down in 2001 had to call out a doctor,never seen him befor and he said i was constipated lol,after 2 more days i went to clactons small out center and was rushed into hospital with a twisted gut,emergancy opp and saved my life.
turned out it was gangerous and had a long section removed so i feel the dock was wrong but hey after opp 9 days in intensive and beating sep then 7 on hidep ward only eating a small baby food portion to get gut working,i was on a food line,i got well enough to be sent home.thats when my heart probs began took a year to get to the bottom but all under control now.so good old nhs.
panelbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 19:45   #8
terranosaurusdoug

Vehicle: 2000 Terrano lwb 2.7TDI

I've been on sick for ages now, depression/anxiety, was going to go back on reduced hours a couple of weeks ago but came down with a proper dose of cold/flu.
Had an x-ray the other day and apparently I have a bit of pneumonia, on me second round of antibiotics now so hopefully will be better soon.

I bought some second hand tyres a few weeks ago, some more BFG at's like my old ones but these are the latest version and actually have some tread on them ready for any snow now!

I have a big list of jobs for the new year though, still a couple of foot well holes to weld up and I'm thinking up ideas for new sills/rock sliders, and some paint work! I'm looking forward to summer!!
terranosaurusdoug is offline   Reply With Quote