Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

Old 03-10-2019, 09:47   #1
glenbri
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: terrano 2 2004
Default Its nice to have a garage you trust

My wife rang from work our Nissan Juke 2015 1.2 turbo, was making a turbo air noise we have had issues with car new engine new alloys would never buy a new car again

Thinking the worst turbo broke, she called at my work I was busy so I told her to call at the garage we use for large repairs and all my M O T. He looked, a pipe had come off turbo he put back on no charge, after I thought about It he could have said turbo gone making loads of money but I trust my mechanic. It pays to use a good local garage and stick with them only use for MOT but have had clutches and jobs not easy for me to take on my self and I recommend my family to use.

Brian

Thanks to S AND B Motors Larrel st Bradford
glenbri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 18:18   #2
jims-terrano

That’s handy to know
jims-terrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:11   #3
panelbeater

Vehicle: nissan terrano 2 2.7 tdi

i am lucky to have a small garage i use as the chap that runs it with his brother is the son of a mate who i grew up with and befor that his dad who we used as he had tooling for reboring crank grinding ec so many years .
i just pop in now and again to hat and when i do have a prob turn up and see if it can be sorted then or need to book in.
exsample,exhaust pipe snapped,up on ramp and sleve welded on as rest good,£10 but i gave him £20 as its still cheap.
Rick did my main work very cheap as well but a long way to go for me but i know they wont rip me off.
i always treat them at xmas as well it keeps a healthy drop in repair service.
this year all my 3l needed apart from what rick did was an oil filter change an a swivel rubber change as mot (pass)says its split.i think £50 all in.
anyway i am happy.
when i had a clunking on my stearing on my mobility buggy i poped in and up it went and found a nylon washer missing so replaced and on other side it was split and replaced so no more clunk.£10 he did say not to tell other buggy owners as he does not want to be known about repairing them.
yes a good place is hard to find and if you do keep them sweet.
panelbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:28   #4
macabethiel

Vehicle: Freelander & Jeep GC 3.0
Default Trustworth Garages

You are right I found mine only a couple of years ago - they are pretty good taking into account the Technicians work an all different makes of vehicles. Plus at £50 an hour plus VAT that a steal - no wonder they are always booked up over a week in advance.
macabethiel is offline   Reply With Quote