Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

Old 17-07-2007, 17:40   #1
theduck
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Default Now saying Hello from Switzerland via iL Tireno

Yep, there really was a place called Il Tireno (honestly)
it's me again the duck (have Terrano will Travel) NOT any more going over the mountains and got to about 2,500 ft up mountain (2,830 to the top) and water pump gone ops: Now for the really embarassing bit had to be towed to the top by a SKODA octavia ops: ops: so now we are just outside St Moritz.Beautiful veiws. But they want 3-4000 swiss francs ouch ouch. Now waiting for the Caravan club to get me a car from Stuttgart so we can drive home whilst we wait for them to repatriate our car to the UK.

Anybody know how much for a water pump :roll: 8)
theduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2007, 18:00   #2
mr-gadget

Nissan supplied and fitted mine for £200.00 So you could halve that anywhere else...
mr-gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2007, 19:20   #3

Well you certainly get about, sorry to hear of the water pump problem but at least your well covered. Hope you get home safe and well.
Old 17-07-2007, 22:22   #4
theduck

Well guys thanks for the best wishes, your dead right we certanly are glad we have the caravan club red pennant life line. The guy from the garage has been to the site to find out how he was going to get paid just for opening the bonnet he wants 160 swiss francs = about £70.00 :twisted: :!: I had to pay cos otherwise he won't let them send my car back to the UK :evil: that was just for 30mins work or less :roll:.

Anyway I'll let you know what car they let me have and how it performs.
Old 20-07-2007, 11:20   #5
theduck

Hello, well we are now home in good old blighty :cry: , the caravan clubs red pennant saved the day, we had to spend 24hrs in Samedan (nr St Moritz) switzerland. But if you have to breakdown OH what a beatifull place to breakdown they sent us a Merc E 220 estate full of gismos really nice car pulled our caravan ( Lunar Quasar 615) no problem up hill but the Terrano has a much better hold on the road when coming down and around hairpin bends from 2,330m high mountains. Any way we are back home all safe and sound just got to wait for the swiss rescue service to deliver my truck back to the uk.
Old 20-07-2007, 12:13   #6
jace

youd have thought theyd just get your truck into local garage for waterpump net the neighbours curtains were twiching seing you go in 4x4 yet come back in big merc estate lol
Old 20-07-2007, 12:40   #7
Deleted Member S

Quote:
Originally Posted by jace
youd have thought theyd just get your truck into local garage for waterpump net the neighbours curtains were twiching seing you go in 4x4 yet come back in big merc estate lol
Your neighbours may think they've got new neighbours or you've come into some money : : :
Deleted Member S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2007, 13:17   #8
theduck

Hi guy's the neighbours curtains are certainly twitching wife just taken it to inlaws to show it off :smile: . The down side is in Switzerland they want 3 to 4,000 swiss francs to replace water pump and there may be other problems as well nissan want £156.16 + VAT in the mean time the upside is today I am going to work in a E class merc now that should have people wondering :smile: :smile: .

I want my baby back
Old 20-07-2007, 13:27   #9
jace

park in gaffers spot get tongues a waggin!
Old 20-07-2007, 13:43   #10
theduck

If you want to see the place where our car is go to google write in samedan click the images :smile: our car is by the exit road from the airport slighty to the left there is a building with acorner thats where she is.