Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

Old 15-08-2011, 22:52   #16
R1cho
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: 1997 LandCruiser Colorado

sorry to hear the bad news pete, with your first message i assumed that you and sheila were both unharmed, if you need anything and we can help i'm sure you know the club will be there for you, for now you and sheila get plenty off rest and get better, try not to worry about sally as getting your selves better is far more important right now.

well wishes
steve
R1cho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2011, 22:59   #17
briggie

Vehicle: " alice "

of course the hand / arm i hurt is my " good one " the one not affected by my last stroke , so its kinda more of a injury to me if that makes sense because i use that arm/hand to hold my stick / control my wheelchair , which i cant at the mo .

insurance company coming tomorrow to take sally away to assess her

they gave me the option of a auto gaylander , or a auto galaxy ghia ( guess which one i chose lol )
briggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2011, 23:07   #18
R1cho

what exactly hit you m8 to cause injuries and damage? after all our trucks aren't the smallest things on the road
Old 15-08-2011, 23:32   #19
solarman216
Off road maniac

Vehicle: Y60 Patrol Me, 3 ltr Mrs

As Pete has gone, I will answer for him, from what he told me earlier, apparently Pete was stopped at lights and a brand new motability car hit him at speed (40 mph) the elderly driver hit the throttle instead of the brake, admitted in front of the police driver that was on the scene as he was following, pushed Pete forward 15 plus feet, I guess Pete had his hand on the wheel which probably tuned into his hand, and seat belt damage to his shoulder says enough, damn unlucky I call that, Rick
solarman216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2011, 23:37   #20
R1cho

yes very lucky, steering wheels can snap wrists when the contort, from what i know of pete though he will come through this and be fine and if as you said he buys sally back of insurance company he can get her back on the road.
Old 16-08-2011, 08:08   #21
clivvy

Vehicle: Terrano 03 LWB

I was in contact with Peter yesterday also, I just hope Sheila and Pete get better very soon. I know how this sounds, but they ought to consider insurance claims asap including for their injuries, but thats up to them.

Choice of car are a little strange, whats with the Freelander?? Although, the newer ones are pretty good, so i'd certainly consider a newer model. As for the Galaxy, well, thats a bloody good car just not so good when it comes to repairing them if I remember correctly!

Personally, i would always go with a 4x4 if its part of the choice. Freelanders are a bit shit, but the newer ones are much improved on the older late 90's early 2000 models....

get well soon Peter, if I can do anything, please let me know and I will pop over.
clivvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2011, 08:37   #22
briggie

just been out to have a close look at sally , she doesnt look all that bad on first sight , bumper is damaged as is lights obviously , rear door wont open and looks like its bent upwards ,door behind drivers door is hard to open and makes a horrible noise when opened ,drivers door has dropped a bit too ,spare wheel cover and spare wheel is dented , because it looks like the car that hit me went under the bumper and lifted me up before pushing me, i suspect that the damage may not be obvious on first inspection and probably is a lot worse than it appears due to him going under my car .

my spare wheel broke his windscreen to give you a idea

incidently it was a peugot 207 sw saloon that hit me , and that was totally wrecked
Old 16-08-2011, 10:59   #23
96terrano

Vehicle: Nissan Terrano 2.7TD LWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggie View Post
just been out to have a close look at sally , she doesnt look all that bad on first sight , bumper is damaged as is lights obviously , rear door wont open and looks like its bent upwards ,door behind drivers door is hard to open and makes a horrible noise when opened ,drivers door has dropped a bit too ,spare wheel cover and spare wheel is dented , because it looks like the car that hit me went under the bumper and lifted me up before pushing me, i suspect that the damage may not be obvious on first inspection and probably is a lot worse than it appears due to him going under my car .

my spare wheel broke his windscreen to give you a idea

incidently it was a peugot 207 sw saloon that hit me , and that was totally wrecked
Just been Reading all the posts and I feel sorry for you mate Ive got a few terrano parts if needed
96terrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2011, 11:02   #24
briggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96terrano View Post
Just been Reading all the posts and I feel sorry for you mate Ive got a few terrano parts if needed
i think the damage is structural mate but we will wait and see , the insurance assessor is picking her up later today to examine , but i suspect its a foregone conclusion
Old 16-08-2011, 11:11   #25
R1cho

been looking on the bay m8 probably last thing on your mind but found a couple that look decent, maybe take someone with you this time to look over it with you.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-Mis...item20bbc1778a

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-TER...item2566c45818
Old 16-08-2011, 12:15   #26
lacroupade

Well that sucks, but as said, only metal.

If its any consolation, sounds like both of you should be in for a bit of compo so you can at least buy something a bit better next time, don't jump into buying another Mistral FFS.
lacroupade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2011, 12:54   #27
makeitfit

Vehicle: Maverick TDi BLACK mmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacroupade View Post
Well that sucks, but as said, only metal.

If its any consolation, sounds like both of you should be in for a bit of compo so you can at least buy something a bit better next time, don't jump into buying another Mistral FFS.
What he said
Although I think the claim culture is killing us all slowly, it is there at the mo
So make sure you do get all that lovley legit injury compo
Get well soon
makeitfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2011, 12:58   #28
clivvy

Vehicle: Terrano 03 LWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitfit View Post
What he said
Although I think the claim culture is killing us all slowly, it is there at the mo
So make sure you do get all that lovley legit injury compo
Get well soon
agreed, but its like anything else, its there, they might as well use it.

the damage does sound structural, I suspect the main sills are bent or the chassis is twisted a bit....
clivvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2011, 13:02   #29
lacroupade

Quote:
Originally Posted by clivvy View Post
agreed, but its like anything else, its there, they might as well use it.

the damage does sound structural, I suspect the main sills are bent or the chassis is twisted a bit....
Agree on the claim culture but in a case like this sounds 100% legit so go for it.

Even if it wasn't structural its a £1000 import truck.....a hire car and a new bumper (and they'd probably wait 6-8 weeks for a new one from Holland) + paint would put it into write off on their own.
lacroupade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2011, 13:03   #30
makeitfit

Vehicle: Maverick TDi BLACK mmm

I had mine written off last year after a particularly erm heavy landing
Bought it back off the ins co. and fixed it up ish
I spoke to a few guys at the time about the bent chassis and it's stupid money to straighten them, let alone the panel work. So there's no doubt it's shafted mate
However that's not to say bin it, as you can buy it back from the ins and then break it for spares and make a tidy profit there too
Should cost you about 15 - 20% to buy it back
makeitfit is offline   Reply With Quote