Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

Old 22-07-2007, 11:03   #1
t-jay
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: ford maverick
Default my great mav

hi all,
well i would just like to say how great my mav has been in all of the recent fooding. it just kept chugging along, even had flood water half way up the doors!! i've only owned it a few months and has prooved its self already. i shouldn't say it realy but to see all of these expensive bmw's, mercs and other cars all knackered on the side of the road did make me smile to myself. some of them have only been through a few inches of water! i have every sympothy to those of you that have had thier houses affected by flooding. my parents house has been flooded and their away on holiday so i've been trying to clean up the mess all weekend. didn't have the heart to tell them and spoil their holiday for them! any way my mavs great! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
t-jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2007, 12:41   #2
jace

been up shipston way yet i was there past couple days very espensive looking merk at warwick side bottom big hill on roundabout been there three days now windows down the lot! towns been under about 5 foot water yet chippy was open saturday despite oil slick from car garage dont think id eat owt from there in hurry!
Old 22-07-2007, 16:49   #3

It never ceases to amaze me how good these vehicles are when the going gets tough. Even bog standard they seem to effortlessly out perform other 4x4s, that have the reputation of better.
Old 22-07-2007, 20:58   #4
t-jay

Vehicle: ford maverick

I haven’t seen shipston yet but moreton-in-marsh high street was quite a site to see waist high in the high street! there was even a Mitsubishi evo floating in the water!! (gutted!). my next door neighbour’s wife's e reg Nissan micra was in water up to the windows! he picked it up yesterday morning, let all the water out, put the key in the ignition and it started first time not even a cough or splutter!
t-jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2007, 21:13   #5
jace

theres a splinter van in mill car park in shipston it was upto top dash fri night !
Old 23-07-2007, 14:39   #6
eclipse

Look at the Nissan that Clarkson trashed, he dosnt often rate Jap cars but even he said it is the toughest 4x4.
eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote