Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

Old 26-07-2007, 00:19   #1
SteveN
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: 1995 Nissan Mistral
Default These trucks are good!!!

Hi everyone,

I did a classic car show/funday on Sunday near Uckfield in East Sussex, the field used for the event had very long grass that had been cut a couple of days before and left to lie on the ground. With the rain we have had it was a bit like driving on a wet sponge.

Anyway, the lorry was not to keen so I decided to take the trailer off and take that in on the Mistral, no problem at all, when I parked up a guy with an old RAC liveried Landrover came up and said "bet your pleased you got four wheel drive even if it is only one of them" I'll let you know when I have to use it I said and then had to take the trailer all the way round the field again to show him It wasn't in four wheel drive :roll:

Had to take a phone call on the hands free through the stereo and had the aircon on while we had a little drive round :wink:

Man last seen walking away shaking his head and muttering something or other :

cheers
STEVE
SteveN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 08:40   #2
rustic

Vehicle: Maverick Mk I 2.7 TD LWB

I helped with a local carnival many years ago and a 7.5 tonne flat bed used in the procession was bogged down in the mud, I went over to help out and he said " You won't get it out with THAT !! : :
A "Challenge" :P :P
I tied a 5 tonne strap to the front of the truck, engaged 4wd low 1st gear just a few revs.... not even a speck of mud on the mav, out she came, when I looked in the mirror his truck wheels weren't even straight.
On dry land the truck driver said, I wasn't even helping I wasn't even in gear... ops:
These vehicle are sheer muscle and weigh in close to 2 tonne (with me in the seat as well) :
rustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 11:20   #3
Boggert

Well if anyone fancies a go the Heckington Show is still on...

http://www.heckingtonshow.org.uk/

I will be there taking the Police Display vehicle along... 8O However I've told the boss its likely to get stuck :

I walked the site yesterday with my boss and they were still pumping out the end field! Its going to be very muddy indeed, just the tractor is butting massive ruts down before all the other vehickes have arrived.

Should be fun! :
Boggert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 11:51   #4
SteveN

Vehicle: 1995 Nissan Mistral

I have not had to pull anything heavier than the trailer so far. The trailer weighs about tonne and a half.

I've got a Merc van weighing about three tonnes and a Merc lory that goes all of seven tonne so there might be a challenge or two there when the time comes,which I get the feeling will be sooner rather than later if this weather keeps up :roll:

I am doing an event on National Trust property next week that could be fun they really worry about the grass!!

cheers
STEVE
SteveN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 12:14   #5
jace

i can see problems for the show rabbits and ferrets dont get on u may need to put a dispersal order on the ferrets lol
Old 26-07-2007, 17:28   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boggert
Well if anyone fancies a go the Heckington Show is still on...

http://www.heckingtonshow.org.uk/

I will be there taking the Police Display vehicle along... 8O However I've told the boss its likely to get stuck :

I walked the site yesterday with my boss and they were still pumping out the end field! Its going to be very muddy indeed, just the tractor is butting massive ruts down before all the other vehickes have arrived.

Should be fun! :
Advertise it a little earlier next year : Its probably too late for most people now, and it looks a good show 8)
Old 26-07-2007, 19:55   #7
jace

we used to have terrano police cars round here theyve now got pathfinders as have ambo service
Old 26-07-2007, 23:22   #8
waterman

Vehicle: Vauxhall Antara 2.0cdti E

I am shamed!!!!! at a caravan rally when I had my old Maverick a Ford mondeo estate got bogged down BUT it was full of P/A gear as the owner who went to rallies with his caravan also hired out pa eqiupment and had a full load of amps,speakers etc in the back as well as the caravan so it went down in a boggy part and was sitting on the chassis as we were at a bbq all afternoon it was going to be a bit of sport to pull it out I went on first engaged low and first gear and started to dig down and would not budge it on front of me then went a disco and we still couldnt budge it in front of the disco in front of me went a toyota landcruiser and eventually to great merriment it came out - should have a photo somewhere and it looks good as we towed it out backwards so it looks like a tug of war and the mondeo winning
waterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 23:34   #9
jace

did u see those kinectic recovery ropes on top gear you atach to both cars drive off rope stretches when u stop it pulls on stuck car bungee style less strain on recovery vehicle so long as it dont pull towing eye of and come whiltling through yer back window past yer lugole and out through front!
Old 27-07-2007, 23:16   #10
waterman

Vehicle: Vauxhall Antara 2.0cdti E
Default resolved my previous embarrasment!!!

Tonite I redeemed my self with the T2 as I was called out on Coastguard search duties at teatime and lo and behold the unit Toyota became bogged down -what a shame - so I was called upon to do the unenviable task of hauling it out of the muddy hole, which the T2 did no problem even though it is on half worn road tyres.
I had my camera with me so took a few photos which MAV has now uploaded to the gallery and the TOYOTA is now locked away again in hiding while the T2 grins!!!

waterman is offline   Reply With Quote