Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > Caravan or Towing

Caravan or Towing In this forum you can post anything with regards to caravaning or towing.

Old 03-07-2016, 13:07   #1
PJD
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Nissan Terrano 2 3.0 SWB
Default Road Rage

I have only recently entered the world of carvaning. I@m amazed by the amount of road rage I have encountered already. On the way back from a short break I pulled into some local services and parked well out the way to let my dogs out and use the facilities. A bloke came up to me and was complaining that he stuck behind me and saying that caravans should be banned etc! I don't tolerate idiots like that and advised him to go away in a subtle way of course!
PJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 13:19   #2
Lazy-Ferret

Vehicle: Terrano 2.7TDi SE Touring

We find any where in Essex is not the most pleasant drive, we have had some awful drivers there who have definitely target the caravan and cut us up. After that, it's just the odd random act of stupidity, that to be honest probably would have happend regardless of the caravan being on the back.

We find that with the T2, keeping up with the flow of traffic is not difficult, but that means we are not the front of the queue, the trouble is there are always clowns that assume we are and overtake with nowhere to go.

Only time anyone has come up to us when we have stopped at services is to come and see the ferrets that they could not believe they saw in the back when they passed..

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk
Lazy-Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 13:36   #3
rustic

Vehicle: Maverick Mk I 2.7 TD LWB

Just say to these people that are annoyed,

I've allowed enough time for my journey

No answer to that one.

We never encountered any issues when we towed our 23' cruiser, overall length of trailer, over 26' and just over 2 tonne, we were more often held up by other drivers. We only have the Td too.

What we did notice, it would fly up hills in third, but if you had to slow down, and drop into second, on the same hill you were stuck in second, and couldn't get enough speed up safely and back into third.
I guess it depends where the power band is in the vehicle, our max torque occurs around 2200 rpm.
Rustic
rustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 13:47   #4
terranosaurusdoug

Vehicle: 2000 Terrano lwb 2.7TDI

I'm surprised by that, I've only been away in my van half a dozen times or so but I have never experienced anything like that at all, I somtimes get an annoyed look from van drivers as I pass them on M roads but really that's it
terranosaurusdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 14:05   #5
PJD

I keep up with traffic fine and don't struggle up hills. Maybe I was unlucky on that occasion. I'm going away to Yorkshire next weekend so it'll be interesting to see what happens.
Old 03-07-2016, 14:10   #6
terranosaurusdoug

You'll ave no bother over ere lad
whereabouts you goin?
Old 03-07-2016, 14:15   #7
don simon

Vehicle: Terrano ii

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJD View Post
I have only recently entered the world of carvaning. I@m amazed by the amount of road rage I have encountered already. On the way back from a short break I pulled into some local services and parked well out the way to let my dogs out and use the facilities. A bloke came up to me and was complaining that he stuck behind me and saying that caravans should be banned etc! I don't tolerate idiots like that and advised him to go away in a subtle way of course!
And there he was, in so much of a rush that he had time to come over and tell you how much of a rush he was in...
Try being a cyclist if you want to see idiotic and illogical driving and wuckfittery.
don simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 14:33   #8
terranosaurusdoug

Yup, cyclists are a real menace, had one turn into a junction on me on the wrong side of the road two weeks or so ago. Blind junction because of bushes, I stopped as i saw him coming from the left, he had to swerve down my NEARSIDE and hit my wing mirror, then gave ME the ****** sign bloody lycra louts, there are loads round here too, very aggressive when they are in a large group, my heart sinks when I come accross them while driving
Old 03-07-2016, 15:06   #9
jims-terrano

Dash cam front and back

I've used these cams and they come with a spare mounting plate so you could use one for the rear window of the truck when solo and then move it into the caravan when towing.
Also when you encounter a person in that situation leave ignition on and move around front of the car and smile sweetly

Where are you going in gods own county?
jims-terrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 15:15   #10
PJD

Quote:
Originally Posted by terranosaurusdoug View Post
You'll ave no bother over ere lad
whereabouts you goin?
Leemingbar for four nights. Me, my partner and 3 dogs! Don't get my started on cyclists! I work in the city centre and have to deal with these every day. Jumping red lights, coming up the near side of you at traffic lights after having already having to monuvre round them etc.
Old 03-07-2016, 15:37   #11
terranosaurusdoug

Thats a decent stretch up the A1, not many cyclists the main challenge will be staying awake

I live just off of A1, if you need owt, help with truck etc. drop me a line
Old 03-07-2016, 16:11   #12
don simon

Vehicle: Terrano ii

Quote:
Leemingbar for four nights. Me, my partner and 3 dogs! Don't get my started on cyclists! I work in the city centre and have to deal with these every day. Jumping red lights, coming up the near side of you at traffic lights after having already having to monuvre round them etc.

I was nearly taken out by an artic who thought running a red was a good idea. See cars jumping reds at practically every traffic lighted junction in a far more dangerous manner than cyclists do. They are more vulnerable than cars so have a self preservation button built in. Granted there are a few stupids, but to tar us all with the same brush is not a good idea.

Nothing wrong with coming up your inside, it's called filtering and you probably do it in the car too. Try staying a bit more vigilant...
Interesting that you find angry man as being wrong because you slowed him down, yet you have exactly the same attitude towards cyclists.
don simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 16:51   #13
terranosaurusdoug

The few spoil it for the many, same old story innit. I've seen traffic passing really close to cyclists on purpose, I don't get that, if something happened and cyclist goes under car or whatever then more than likely game over, a family or two destroyed cos someones ego was driving, not worth it!

I don't understand the choice of bikes for most though, the tyres and rims are ridiculous
Old 03-07-2016, 17:01   #14
PJD

Quote:
Originally Posted by terranosaurusdoug View Post
Thats a decent stretch up the A1, not many cyclists the main challenge will be staying awake

I live just off of A1, if you need owt, help with truck etc. drop me a line
Yes indeed, some decent music on and plenty of coffee! Thanks for the offer of help...nice to know.

Not going to get into a debate about cyclists. We'll be here all day! Good and bad in everything.
Old 03-07-2016, 17:04   #15
terranosaurusdoug

Quote:
Yes indeed, some decent music on and plenty of coffee! Thanks for the offer of help...nice to know.

Not going to get into a debate about cyclists. We'll be here all day! Good and bad in everything.
correcto