Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

Old 14-07-2007, 21:49   #1
vainparasite

Default Hey Im back

Well im back for a week thanks to Mav,

You may remember me my account recently expired and due to selling my terrano I didn't renew.

Believe it or not im looking at buying another one to tow the caravan that the wife wanted to sell early this year so my first port of call was the help for non members section of the site forum.

Its gone! Hope you didnt have too much grief from idiots posting all sorts.

Im asking for a bit of info on the slightly newer LWB TDi Terrano this time, Is the power and torque up on the old TD with having an intercooler fitted as standard and are there chips etc available to take them up even more? With having an older model i never really looked at the tdi's when i had chance.

My old one was an M reg 1994 2.7td LWB, and the one im looking at is an S reg 1998 2.7TDi LWB.

I have looked on parkers web site and it seems that there is less torque than a 2.2dti vectra. surely this cant be right as my old un seemed quite powerful once i had unblocked the mini fuel filter.

199nm of torque as apposed to 280 for the vectra

Has anyone moved up from a td to a tdi that can help me

any help would be greatfully received

Its nice to be back and if i buy the terrano making it permanent will be the first thing i do.

Thanks again Mav, Martin.
Old 14-07-2007, 22:07   #2
jace

i just sold my maverick tdi i towed a 19.5 foot tabbert caravan with no bother factory weight on caravan was 1850 kgs it pulled like a train it behaved better with a load on than empty never really gave me any problems kept it serviced well did 25k in 10mths drove it hard on and off road and it never broke what more could you ask for! the chips and tunning companys arent reallly around for the tdi as its quite old and theyve moved on to newer vehicles i wouldnt say youd need one so just keep your ears open and if one pops up bonus!