Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > I'm new here, please be gentle

I'm new here, please be gentle This is where you can "introduce yourself". A chance for you as a new member to say hello and for you to tell us about yourselves, your truck and your other interests.

Old 23-01-2021, 09:17   #1
intelross
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: 2006 Y61 Patrol GU4
Default Back again.....

Hi all,

I was not an active member for long before the ZD30 curse caught me short for the second time......no I didn’t get around to the NADS conversion and after feeling different for a long time now consider it a blessing in disguise.

April 2020 after paying £2600 for my second ZD30 engine to be rebuilt less than 6 months before I was staring at steam coming out the expansion tank yet again.
At this point I was about 80k and 6 years into my build.
I am a CAD design engineer and work in the steel industry (a dangerous combo for a patrol owner)

I spent about 3 nanoseconds in the doldrums contemplating quitting the project.
If life was going to try this hard to stop my patrol then it was time to apply Newtonian physics - push back harder

I spent 3-4 months studying every schematic I could find on the patrol chassis,
Including wiring and plumbing diagrams.

I researched and did the math on the 3 engine swaps that are worth doing TD4.2 nissan, 6.6 duramax, M57 BMW.

Time to press the full send button. Full Performance suspension racing, chassis bracing and front and rear Suspension towers bracing kit. £700- 24 plates total
When doing my research I found road safe rear tower braces from Cozza 4x4. They are available on eBay and I have a set for sale if anybody is interested.
This kit has a flat circular profile that gets plug welded underneath the rear tower.
PSR, didn’t have this in their rear kit so I bought the cozza kit just to template that profile. I had 4 laser cut in the UK and they came out perfect.

(I intend on designing my own chassis brace system if this is anything people are interested in?)

My PSR kit also includes a plate to notch out the rear tail pipe cross member to allow more clearance.

I ordered a long ranger sub tank and had patrolapart in Australia strip all the pipes, twin filler neck, and brackets off a patrol over there. (The hand brake set up for a sub tank is different to our UK set up and 3 brackets are required to make it work properly. Again if anybody is interested in how to do a sub tank message me)

Kutsnake flares, raptor 4x4 heavy duty front radius arms, had my 16” steels shot blasted (twice) special zinc primer then powder coated ready for the 35s i have been waiting 7 years for.

I paid 50% deposit on BMW M57D3
Single turbo aluminum block straight 6 3.0 TD 300bhp 700Nm
Swapped the piezo electric injectors for magnetic and running a new 5th gear ration to increase economy, Sachs Kevlar racing clutch.

I have a few items that might be of interest, before my patrol gets shipped to Extem4x4 in Poland for the swap.

Outback extreme heavy duty single mass flywheel clutch kit, this is the mark 2 model (I have had both and have the flywheel from the Mk1)

Autostrada electronic cruise control kit for Y61 TDI 3.0 not CRD

Full stainless exhaust for y61 GU4

ASFIR 4x4 6mm aluminum fuel tank guard. I promised this to Davey boy and he still has first refusal

Nice to be back, I hope you are all well.
Kind regards.

Ross

Last edited by intelross; 30-01-2021 at 11:32. Reason: More accurate description
intelross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2021, 14:26   #2
Romanis-King

Vehicle: Y61 2004

Hi Ross
Im up for the exhaust, I will ring you later.
Romanis-King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2021, 18:37   #3
Fubbytucker

Also interested in the exhaust if it falls through.
Fubbytucker is offline   Reply With Quote