Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > Caravan or Towing

Caravan or Towing In this forum you can post anything with regards to caravaning or towing.

Old 01-01-2008, 22:07   #1
lozmac

Default Lack of power when towing

I bought my Ford Maverick 2.7 GLX to tow my caravan. It drives ok when not towing but when coupled up to the caravan it has real trouble pulling it. At first I thought it was the turbo but had that checked and adjusted and this helped a little but still got the problem. Went to a diesel engine company who without looking at is said it was the injector pump and wanted to charge £450.00 to take it out and service it.

Im a bit apprehensive about paying £450 without checking out if it could be anything else. Has anyone else experienced similar problems?
Old 01-01-2008, 22:38   #2
jims-terrano
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Two things that I would try and they are both in the Downloads/workshop section. first of all is it a TDi which has the big intercooler on the top of the engine, this is easy to tell as the bonnet as a big air intake in it up towards the windscreen. If it is the TDi then try the MAF or Air Flow sensor as this can cause lack of power, there are previous threads on this little beast. Also the mini fuel filter may be clogged, again this is also in the workshops section. The main fuel filter can also cause this type of problem.

Jim T
jims-terrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 22:45   #3
jace

if its the td all theyd have done is cleaned the mini filter bet ya! as jim said look in download clean it and itll be a different car i had it on mistral wouldnt pull had filter cleaned hey presto
Old 01-01-2008, 22:57   #4
Deleted Member

Think Jim and Jace have nailed it for you lozmac,try first before spending some hard cash,oh! and welcome to the club!! :
Old 02-01-2008, 12:16   #5
lozmac

Default Many Thanks

Many thank will try what you suggested and see if it sorts it.