Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

Old 05-01-2020, 05:02   #1
jims-terrano
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Default ISP Charges

I think that I’m a little out of touch with reality or something these days. We went to the local Virgin Media shop yesterday to get my daughter a new phone. So whilst in there the helpful staff asked if we had there media services. So they took a look to see if they could do anything with our services and in fairness over the years they have done this before and it’s worked out in our benefit. They proudly announced they could give us faster road and for only £2 a month extra. The catch is that we would need a new router which is free, a new would be posted out and we simply post old router back free post. We would only have to pay a £35 activation fee
The staff looked at me as if I 2 heads or something because I won’t pay the fee and can’t understand why I should pay the fee. It’s their router and I would have to return it if we ever changed isp. I’m fitting it so really doing their work but that’s fine it’s only a wire or two to plug in. I think I’m out of touch reality if that’s what a customer is expected pay in extra rip off fees.
jims-terrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 11:51   #2
Blocky10

Vehicle: 2004 Terrano 3.0 SVE Auto

No Jim. You are right. Stand your ground.
Unfortunately they only read answers from a list. 'Yes, I can waver the charges as you are a valued customer ' is not on the list.....
You have to threaten to close your account with any services nowadays to get anywhere.
There's no loyalty being a customer anymore.
Blocky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 11:56   #3
Banshee

Vehicle: 04 2.7 SWB Terrano II Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocky10 View Post
No Jim. You are right. Stand your ground.
Unfortunately they only read answers from a list. 'Yes, I can waver the charges as you are a valued customer ' is not on the list.....
You have to threaten to close your account with any services nowadays to get anywhere.
There's no loyalty being a customer anymore.
Aint that the truth!!!

04' Terrano II SE 2.7 TDi SWB Commercial in Silver - Project Thread
Toyo Open Country M/T 33's on 10J Steels, Super Strong Steering Job
Navara D22 Snorkel, Front LOKKA, Maunal Hubs, EGR Blank
TunitII ECU Chip, 3" Body Lift, 2" Suss Lift, Heat Exchanger
Black Interior, 3.0 Borg&Beck Clutch, Eckes Heated Fuel Filter

99' Y61 Patrol GR SE 2.8 TD6 LWB in Blue/Silver - Project Thread
Engine Transplant - In Progress!!!
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 13:43   #4
panelbeater

Vehicle: nissan terrano 2 2.7 tdi

i cancelled sky 2 years ago due to going up a lot,did the give me a better deal etc but they would not budge much.i am talking about going up from 19.95 for basic line droad band only cheapest tv.it shot up to 35 something with no notice.
i took out a deal with virgin mobile for a 200gig sim and used that for all my needs,i linked it via hot spot for all i had at home and out in my van ok no probs just some areas a bit slow.i came near to using the 200 a few times but whatever was left was carried over anyway.
as i am not out as much i decided to look for fast home broadband,vodaphone was doing uptu 60mbs and after looking on line a lot they were all saying as i have no active phone at home i will need to pay a connection charge that varies but about 60.
i went into town and we have a vodaphone shop and asked about the deal.
he went on line etc and says a connection charge will be charged.
i sid no i wont go ahead,he then went back on line and lo and behold i got it free so took out the deal and he printed out to proove no extas or charges so in my case holding out worked.
i still have to 200gig sim as its sill on a rolling contract and yes i can cut it in half but lose so many gig i will keep it for now.
panelbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 14:28   #5
jims-terrano

I understand charges if they have to pay someone to come out in a van with ladders and tools laying cables and drilling but none of that is needed. Anyway we did come out of the shop without making any changes to our package. It’s just the way that the young sales people look at you as if you’re mad for not paying an extra sum.
Anyway not really too worried about upgrading with them, opposite will happen before too long to be fair. It’s just the point of it that was all.
jims-terrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 21:32   #6
macabethiel

Vehicle: Freelander & Jeep GC 3.0
Exclamation VM rip offs

I have two Tivo Boxes with a mixed TV bundle, M100 fibre Broadband,talk more anytime phone- the price has just gone up from £68 to £72 pcm.

My brother has one Tivo Box, same TV, Broadband and phone deal they have upped his charges from £84 to £92 !

As a result of talking to me he has dumped his existing contract and started to move to Talk Talk. He has had 3 or 4 phone calls from VM to try to keep him as a customer.Whilst in the process of transferring his phone number VM contacted him again - he has ended up dumping the VM TV package and bought a Freesat Box (he lives in a poor signal area) & had a Satellite dish installed.

He has now stayed with VM without the TV package - same phone & Broadband deal for £19.99 pcm!
I am in the process of changing my e-mail to Outlook before I jump ship. I had sky so still have a working dish & Freesat decoder etc.
macabethiel is offline   Reply With Quote