Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2019, 08:39   #1
zephyr
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: 2001 TerranoII SE+ 2.7Tdi
Default Been a while

Hello all, just thought I'd post a chat. I've been away from the website a bit and realised that my membership has gone. I paid and came back here again. Good see you all!

What happened since.... probably in the beginning or middle of last year was that my work got far busier, kids are growing, more time consumed for family activities, then I found myself that all kids stuff as well as mine are becoming too much for my T2. Having two baby car seats + scooter, trike, my toolbox, pushchair etc. etc., I had to start looking for a bigger car and decided to get 2005 Elgrand Rider in peal white - what we call it "Mini Van" in Japan.

Since then it's been serving me/my family well, Nissan at that time called it "First Class on the road" Although there was an option to get 4x4, I couldn't wait for all importing tasks, gone for the one stocked in UK. usually I put up 3rd row (2 seats) to the side to get generous space to store things, but when it needs, it can accommodate more than my family, so it comes in handy for extra load.

Now coming to my T2, it was kind of left behind but it's time for MOT again. I booked a timeslot yesterday but couldn't make it as (you can easily guess) the battery went flat. I managed to jump start it, but then handbrake warning appeared on the dash. I thought it might be brake fluid being low, but as there are heavy showers almost constantly, I couldn't check. They say if the brake fluid became low, the brake would not work?

Also when I pushed the side wing on the driver's side, all rust underneath almost came off making a big hole just over an arch. As a result there have been big cracks around it

I will need to replace the battery but within limited time. Thinking to go to Halfords to get it done there, then bring it to the nearby garage for MOT. After get MOT done at this time, probably I would need to sell T2 (anyone?). Not sure how much it should sell for with these potential issues (ABS, rusts, clicking sounds - relay disconnected at the moment etc.)
zephyr is offline   Reply With Quote