Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > I'm new here, please be gentle

I'm new here, please be gentle This is where you can "introduce yourself". A chance for you as a new member to say hello and for you to tell us about yourselves, your truck and your other interests.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-12-2020, 22:35   #1
Oddball Matt
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: 1999 Terrano ll 2.7tdi
Default Newbie from Finland with a few dumb questions

Hello all apparently I've registered to the forum during the ownership of my last 4x4 Nissan but never made any posts so here I am again as I just today got me an another one.

It's a 1999 Terrano 2 diesel automatic, not sure if it's still the 2.7L "unbreakable" engine as this seems to be a facelift model from the previous one I owned. Was a bit of a rush buy as I'm a private contractor delivering mail in a rural area and my trusted Fiat Scudo van lunched a wheel bearing last monday just in time for every single repair shop to be closed over the holidays and I gotta get to work tomorrow, been eyeballing this particular car for a long time since it's automatic but couldn't get to the seller to see it so decided what the heck and gave him a call asking if he'd be willing to deliver and the very polite young man in the other end actually agreed to make it happen! So I bought the car basically without seeing it, paying him what he asked for it and actually slipped in an extra 300 for holiday home delivery.

Haven't driven it that much yet, just a few laps around the block to make sure it works and all, has a few niggles like a busted rear hatch lever and such but nothing I cannot fix or jerry rig. Seems pretty tail happy even with 4x4 engaged but I suppose that's mainly because of the non-studded winter tires. Speaking of 4x4, does the facelift model come with automatic front hub locks as the older '97 I had, hsd the twister knobs on the front hubs and this one doesn't.

Also would like to ask about these. I know full well they're self fitted so they can do pretty much anything but if anyone would hazard an educated guess based on some popular mods people do to these what could these switches do as they don't seem to be doing much at all right now (the last one had some sort of a fuel feed mod that had a switch there and it was supposed to give it more torque but basically all it did was make the truck roll coal)

There's also a three way rocker switch at the right side of the steering wheel with the letters A/T in the middle and the symbols S on top and a snowflake on the bottom, I'm assuming this is to modify the transmission behaviour for summer and winter (so why is there a center position as well)

I know most of these could be answered with the regular RTFM answer but yes I checked and it's lost somewhere to the static of cosmos over the years.

Wow that came out longer than intended. Anyway have a goodun folks really hoping this one will be a keeper as I've lost a TON of money on POS cars this year that were supposed to be ship shape (cough cough hyundai santa fe)
Oddball Matt is offline   Reply With Quote