Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

Old 23-08-2020, 23:31   #16
johnb5177
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: 02Terrano II 3.0 SVE Auto

Hi folks,

Well, I am still impressed with this forum, and the help and support I've received from many....

I drop in and out from time to time, and like Davey Boy, have been a bit manic with 4x4 Response stuff, and still am as it seems to take over my aged life.........

But, this forum hopefully will survive the trials of fluctuation membership and keep going....like our trusty T2's and Patrols......

Kindest regards to all.....
johnb5177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2020, 21:23   #17
solarman216
Off road maniac

Vehicle: Y60 Patrol Me, 3 ltr Mrs
Default Cut short

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarman216 View Post
This virus shit has devastated a very large portion of peoples lives and the knock on effect is what we are seeing now.

On the good side we are departing for Bournemouth with the tin tent on the 21st to stay at a nice site for 4 days, thereafter heading to CAT at Machynlleth for a few days to have a look at the latest developments after which we will head home, but open ended we can stay longer if anyone wants to do some lanes while we are around it will be welcomed with open arms, Makeitfit, Fez etc
Well site was great but CV shit spoiled it, not supposed to interact with other campers, everybody walking around like zombies with masks on effing crap, then could not book further sites towards wales so back home now and relaxing as the people that need me do not know I am here, I will never wear an effing mask, fed up with this shit, Rick
3 inch SS straight through exhaust
Manly winch bumper with 13000 lb winch
10 spike ground anchor, with multiple straps and blocks
Super strong body cills capped with scaffold pole
20% stronger springs all round
aggressive off road tyres on wheels so just swap.
Aim to get stuck and be completely self sufficient in extraction, love getting muddy, 2ft deep is good but rare.
solarman216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 08:12   #18
Jay666d

Vehicle: Patrol GU3 (Y61) 3.0 SVE

Morning all.

I feel the same as others and would hate the forum to die, but at the same time feel unenthused about updating my threads. Most of that is because I've not done anything on either of the trucks and the other, Zac has already touched on... Pictures.

When I lost all the pictures in my thread, (Making it pretty useless) I spent the time going thru the whole thing and hosting them a different way. I found the last time I logged in the buggers had all gone again!

I still prefer this forum to FB groups... As Davey has already said, we know eachother and most of us have spent at least one weekend together. FB is full of unknows to quick to throw you under the bus with their negatvity!

I take everything on FB with a pinch of salt, unless it comes from one of you guys on here... Then I know I can trust whats being said!

I've just renewed my subscription after letting it lapse for a couple of weeks, (Accident) but I'm still not 100% sure the Patrol is staying. My work van has gone now, and a side project that I started during lockdown really benifits from having a van!

I really hope that the forum does pick up again like how it was a couple of years ago. Patrol or no Patrol, I'd still like to stick around for the banter!
Jay666d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 19:36   #19
Wallace

Vehicle: '97 Terrano II 2.4 Xtreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedave View Post
ssssshhhh i'm from Northern Ireland, giving Englishmen compliments is not really allowed....
What about ye?

I was in a niche car club mid 90's, not so much a club but a register of names with V8 Opels and a forum like this would have been a perfect platform to keep in touch which we did via a newsletter every two months. I ended up running the register and newsletter for quite some time and during one of the committee meetings a point was raised about diminishing numbers and what could we do to increase memberships. I pointed out the obvious, the cars were getting rustier and thinner on the ground as were the donor cars plus fuel prices were rising.

Moving on to today and a few of us are still in touch but mostly those who attended camping weekends or events such as Santa Pod and some still have their cars. Lives change, circumstances etc and people move on from a particular vehicle for a variety of reasons, I would not be here had my friend not offered me the truck for stupid money and sold it on.

I came here and joined as I could not find a manual, factory or otherwise for my 2.4 Terrano and have a hankering to do a bit of offroading so saw joining a good choice to cover both needs. That hankering is still there but has changed due to changing jobs twice and Covid 19 having affected my circumstances and priorities. I did look at joining a few years ago but could not justify the joining fee and it simply isn't in me to act like a leach for information and bugger off even if I paid to join, I prefer to give something back if I can. I did similar with another car club and spent several years as an administrator on their forum, the car has been gone 13 years but I am still a member and work on other members vehicles.

Is there a desperate need to increase footfall or membership? I know little of the forum background, past history or even who owns it let alone the running costs of hosting, is there a need to turn a profit or just cover costs.

Mike
Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 20:20   #20
Banshee

Vehicle: 04 2.7 SWB Terrano II Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
What about ye?

Is there a desperate need to increase footfall or membership? I know little of the forum background, past history or even who owns it let alone the running costs of hosting, is there a need to turn a profit or just cover costs.

Mike
Neither, I'd just personally like to read other content and for it to be as busy as it used to be in 2012 when I first joined

04' Terrano II SE 2.7 TDi SWB Commercial in Silver - Project Thread
Toyo Open Country M/T 33's on 10J Steels, Super Strong Steering Job
Navara D22 Snorkel, Front LOKKA, Maunal Hubs, EGR Blank
TunitII ECU Chip, 3" Body Lift, 2" Suss Lift, Heat Exchanger
Black Interior, 3.0 Borg&Beck Clutch, Eckes Heated Fuel Filter

99' Y61 Patrol GR SE 2.8 TD6 LWB in Blue/Silver - Project Thread
Engine Transplant - In Progress!!!
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 21:31   #21
Wallace

Vehicle: '97 Terrano II 2.4 Xtreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Neither, I'd just personally like to read other content and for it to be as busy as it used to be in 2012 when I first joined
It would be nice to turn back time and repopulate the roads with Patrols and Terranos, Opels too. A lot of vehicles have disappeared in 8 years (I think Elty has dismantled most of them! ) and the youngest will be around 14 years old now so there is bound to be less interest or need for information.

I have nothing much to add as Nissan content unless I carry out a repair but can in other areas vehicle or engineering related. Posting photos puts me off as it is laborious posting one at a time unless I want to host them elsewhere and that is not much better so perhaps a change in that aspect would help. A Google search may bring people in looking at 4x4 or even something welding or engineering related.

EDIT: I just had a look on the members page and there are 1775 people who have posted on the forum out of 5364 so 3589 have joined and not contributed since 2004.
Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote