Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

Old 10-06-2018, 07:03   #1
macabethiel
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Freelander & Jeep GC 3.0
Thumbs down Beware Fake Fundraisers - Justgiving.com

As we prepare to move back into our home sometime towards the end of this month the wife & I discussed giving some funds to the Emergency Services who helped us on the night. We were aware that someone had opened a justgiving donation page due to a link on the original local newspaper clipping.

It is not a huge amount but two different "fundraisers" collected £355 & £42 respectively. We do not know either fundraiser and the one who raised £355 closed the account just before Christmas. Guess what neither has contacted us and no money has been sent to us!

I have raised a misuse of funds issue with Justgiving (for the larger amount)who seem pretty uninterested as they earn 5% of what is collected so it is a good little earner for them! It will be interesting to see what action if any they actually take.

They have suggested I complain to the local authorities but TBH it is not me/us who have been defrauded it is the kind folk who donated. One of our friends donated £50 the day after the fire I am thinking they might have to formalize any complaint.
macabethiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 09:33   #2
jims-terrano

Contact your local paper, assuming they published your story so maybe interested in a follow up with this fraud.

Good to hear the house is nearly ready.
jims-terrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 09:43   #3
macabethiel

Vehicle: Freelander & Jeep GC 3.0
Thumbs up Local Press on standby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jims-terrano View Post
Contact your local paper, assuming they published your story so maybe interested in a follow up with this fraud.

Good to hear the house is nearly ready.
We think alike I have already contacted the local rag but TBH I need more information out of the Justgiving website to make it a story.

We have a contractors meeting this Tuesday with a view to practical completion by the 18th June. We think the 18th is achievable but probably the 20th is more realistic.

Then we have to have carpets fitted, new water bed delivered and stuff out of storage to be returned. I am having more Angioplasty on the 21st June, would be nice to be back in our house by then!!
macabethiel is offline   Reply With Quote