Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

Closed Thread

Old 19-04-2020, 14:02   #16
macabethiel
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Freelander & Jeep GC 3.0
Exclamation At least the government is doing positive things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarman216 View Post
So much for lying government support, all speak and no do, how can people be so taken in by this rubbish, when it was stated that no one would be left destitute by this lock down I knew it was all crap and it has been proved so, Rick
I think you are missing the sheer magnitude / scale of what is required to help people there will always be people who slip through the systems that have to be robust enough to reduce the fraud that will definitely happen.

Its easy to sit back and accuse the government of lying and inaction - you only have to listen to the questions from the Media at the daily Government Press Briefings. I reproduce below text from Social Media I agree with most of the text.

How about a press conference where the senior reporter/anchor for each of the mainstream channels are on the podiums taking questions from the intelligent public?

My question to Laura Kuensberg and the others would be........ why do you keep asking questions that are too early for an accurate answer, why are you intent on laying blame at our governments door for a global pandemic when the nation on the whole has nothing but admiration for their handling of this crisis and has pride in our country, and in our heroic NHS staff? Every country is having the same issues with supply and demand for PPE and testing kits?
Why aren’t you better utilising your skills on the streets and In The parks and public places asking those who are flouting the social distancing rules why they are putting themselves and others at risk by not staying at home?
Your pointless and relentless questions to the government and medical advisors pushing for timelines and guarantees, are wasting their time when that time could be put to much better use in trying to get those answers that you desperately seek?
Please just let the experts and advisors get on with job and report back when they have something to tell us all.

This government. Boris until his hospitalisation, and Dominic Raab taking the helm in his absence are doing a great job in the most difficult of circumstances since the Falklands war. Please just take some time to applaud the great thing they are doing instead of honing in on your perception of their failings.
Our front line NHS staff and key workers are getting on with it, improvising where necessary. Their biggest gripe is people ignoring the advices on social distancing and being out instead of staying home.

Reporters. Please just reign it in a bit.
Rant over.
Old 19-04-2020, 20:48   #17
solarman216
Off road maniac

Vehicle: Y60 Patrol Me, 3 ltr Mrs

I respect your views Ted but do have to disagree, the promised financial help is taking far too long, none of the businesses that I personally have associations with, have yet to receive a penny, and I am talking 30 employees each, they are working skeleton staff doing takeaway and delivery, due to the timing of this lockdown they had ordered and paid for Mothers day stock, like £10k worth and as you know Mothers day did not happen, so these businesses are on their knees, as for the so called social distancing, well I have been out working/shopping etc every day since it started and round here yes the roads are nice and quiet but people are still mingling pretty much as normal, I personally meet dozens of people every day at close distance ie 300mm and still shake hands with people I know, and am not aware that Bexhill has any more cases than any other place, I base my info on what I see not what I am told, where we live is in the sticks with a fenced off footpath running the length of our 1 acre plot, in the past if we saw 6 walkers per year it would be normal, since this started we have seen dozens and dozens and in groups of 6 to 8 as well and we think nothing of standing by the fence and chatting to these people face to face, so you tell me if this is not a complete over reaction and a government that is chasing its tail and does not know what to do, Rick
3 inch SS straight through exhaust
Manly winch bumper with 13000 lb winch
10 spike ground anchor, with multiple straps and blocks
Super strong body cills capped with scaffold pole
20% stronger springs all round
aggressive off road tyres on wheels so just swap.
Aim to get stuck and be completely self sufficient in extraction, love getting muddy, 2ft deep is good but rare.
Old 19-04-2020, 21:06   #18
solarman216
Off road maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
A friend of mine works at an Undertaker and their freezer is at capacity, he is working ridiculous hours for the company to cope and it's mainly out of hours collections in the community. If you don't stop the spread then you need temporary Morgues or start cremating people without service from home or Hospital bed as opposed to temporary Hospitals.

Slowing the spread by reducing contact makes sense to gain time and improve an NHS and a country that is not geared up for a pandemic and such a death toll that may exceed WWII. Left to run rife I think the economy would fall apart on it's own.
You could be right but I am not convinced, I really do not think that this lock down has made one iota of a difference based on the fact that people are still mingling, this is fact not hearsay, Rick
Aim to get stuck and be completely self sufficient in extraction, love getting muddy, 2ft deep is good but rare.
Old 20-04-2020, 10:43   #19
Fubbytucker

SOME people are still mingling, more aren't. Yes it would be vastly more effective if everyone played the game but there are always going to be idiots that cause problems for other people.
You might think it's a load of balls, that's your opinion. My opinion is that your opinion is balls.
I'm seeing on the frontline the effects of this virus. I've lost friends and colleagues to it, and am personally aware of many others. This isn't just taking the elderly and the weak, it's taking previously fit and healthy people too.
The issue isn't that the lockdown plan is pointless, it's that it should be enforced with more teeth, and should have started sooner.
Old 20-04-2020, 10:54   #20
solarman216
Off road maniac

Sorry completely disagree but there you go , Rick
Old 20-04-2020, 12:10   #21
Fubbytucker

And that's fine. Life would be dull if we all agreed!
Old 21-04-2020, 01:22   #22
solarman216
Off road maniac

Seems intubeation is not the way forward with this virus unlike pneumonia, but this has been the method of treatment so far but 2 thirds have died with this method, the best it seems is direct oxygen flooding of the lungs, as it seems Mr Johnson was treated, so on that score I am fine as have oxygen in plenty here, but more importantly have a good immune system as have subjected myself since a very early age to every bug going, when we hear of fit and strong people dying I have to wonder if they are the type that are super clean ie never seen a bug in their life as constantly cleaning and disinfecting everything they do, just a thought, Rick
Old 21-04-2020, 09:17   #23
Flying Torquewrench

Vehicle: Nissan Patrol Y61 2.8TD

Rick, I disagree with your points regarding social distancing. However, the last few sentences in your last post might be spot on.

Living in a super clean environment can’t be good in my opinion. You need to build up an immune system and that can only be done by being exposed to ‘some’ nasties. Never hurt me (i think ) to eat most of the sand in the sandpit.
Old 21-04-2020, 19:49   #24
Fubbytucker

Quote:
Seems intubeation is not the way forward with this virus unlike pneumonia,
What?!? Intubation is not a treatment for the virus, nor anything else. It secures an airway and allows for mechanical ventilation. Since when was intubation a 'treatment' for pneumonia? What are you talking about?
Old 21-04-2020, 19:53   #25
Fubbytucker

Quote:
when we hear of fit and strong people dying I have to wonder if they are the type that are super clean ie never seen a bug in their life as constantly cleaning and disinfecting everything they do, just a thought, Rick
Sure, the dozens of healthcare professionals that have died as a result of covid-19 had never encountered a virus or bacteria throughout their entire careers until this one.
Old 21-04-2020, 20:06   #26
Flying Torquewrench

Vehicle: Nissan Patrol Y61 2.8TD

You can’t compare a healthcare professional to the general population. The general population has a much more limited exposure to the Coronavirus. A healthcare professional that deals with coronavirus patients spends most of their day surrounded by the virus.
Old 21-04-2020, 20:25   #27
Fez_uk

Vehicle: Maverick 2.7 - Patrol 4.2

Quote:
the best it seems is direct oxygen flooding of the lungs, as it seems Mr Johnson was treated, so on that score I am fine as have oxygen in plenty here
Can't wait to see the first prototype mask made from old terranos
Old 21-04-2020, 20:32   #28
solarman216
Off road maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubbytucker View Post
Sure, the dozens of healthcare professionals that have died as a result of covid-19 had never encountered a virus or bacteria throughout their entire careers until this one.
Not quite that simple mate, we have no real information to go on re these people, we do not know how long they have been employed in their trade or how old they were, or indeed anything about their personal lifestyle, all points that will have an effect on how likely they are to succumb to this virus or not, I can only answer for myself in that from as early as I can remember cuts and grazes did not warrant a plaster (none were available as I was always not near home) so just got on with it and very often would wash it off in the Thames one of my favorite play places, very rarely have I seen a doctor and then that was mostly cos I nearly amputated something, I did a lot of work in sewers and often drew blood, bit of rag used to wipe the camera might be used to stem the flow till it clotted and work carried on, not trying to impress it is just how I am and always have been, like wise I have used an angle grinder since they came on the market and never worn a mask, if I drop food on the floor even with dogs I pick it up dust it of and eat it, for my parents family it was our way of life, my mother died at 85 father younger from a thrombosis but was fit and would probably gone on for many more years had the clot not moved from his leg, Rick
Old 21-04-2020, 20:48   #29
Fubbytucker

Quote:
Not quite that simple mate, we have no real information to go on re these people, we do not know how long they have been employed in their trade or how old they were, or indeed anything about their personal lifestyle, all points that will have an effect on how likely they are to succumb to this virus or not,
Well a moment ago you were surmising that no exposure to viruses and the like might make people more susceptible to this virus. By that token the HCP's that have been exposed to it must have been super-full of it and therefore ultra resistant? I fail to see the relevance to your personal hygiene habits as a kid in the context of viral load and mortality.
Old 21-04-2020, 21:01   #30
solarman216
Off road maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Torquewrench View Post
Rick, I disagree with your points regarding social distancing.
In my experience as a plumber and listening to the arguments re hand towels and hot air blowers, turns out hot air blowers spread germs everywhere as opposed to a pull down roller towel that presents you with a clean towel at each pull, a cough spreads droplets (the means by which it is assumed this virus is spread) more than 7 meters across a room so hence my thoughts that 2 meters is no good, and much more than that distance then we could not shop and stay at the required space, re masks they are virtually useless unless of the rather expensive medical type which most will have no access to, my daughter does for certain of her patients for which she has to wear not only a mask but goggles and long gloves and full apron all of which are double bagged on leaving the premises, Rick
Closed Thread