Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

Old 11-11-2007, 18:22   #16
Deleted Member

I've only done one up in my neck of the woods(tushielaw!) very easy lane...lol planning to do most of the fords in the borders and there is one good lane that crosses the border on a roman road.
Quite fancy that one,I'm not to far from the border,so getting to some lanes in Northumberland isn't a problem.
My pal is a gamekeeper nearby,so i manage to get my truck dirty now and again..he has a landy(sorry for swearing..lol) and i have no probs going where he goes once i take my towbar off!!
apart from one ford that i chickened out on ops:
Old 11-11-2007, 20:09   #17
(RIP) PLANK
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: T2 2004 TDI SE LWB

As i have said before in some respects I think a tenner is too cheap! I also think that if it were a free site you would get loads of problems and hassle and possibly more people than you can handle!

£10 keeps the riff raff out : most of them but I still sneaked in :wink:

Ladyinred, were you reffering to internal issues in this club, or the diff lock forum, i have got a little lost ops:

I also think this is much more than just a forum hence the joining fee, it is the hard work of members and mods (and MAV :wink: ) for discounts, rallies, greenlaning, offroad days, help and advice on all sorts of issues both 4x4 related and not, a real online community!
(RIP) PLANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 20:22   #18
bigjim

At the end of the day nothing wrong with heathy debate, perhaps this club aint so PC after all, but there are some members who like to say it as it is ???
Aint there Jace????? : -banghead- -banghead-
bigjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 20:39   #19
jace

i know some of the lads ive tried to get interested regard us as bunch borin ol farts to scared to say anything a bit rude/naughty in case it wakes someone up , but then again few of then got mitsibishi worriors so not much hope for them!
Old 11-11-2007, 20:46   #20
(RIP) PLANK

I agree a bit of lively debate is great and we dont allways have to agree, the thing is you need ground rules and it is fair that we all agree to agree on these. Or as Al the landlord says you got to have rules or where would we be, thats right ....
Old 11-11-2007, 20:52   #21
jace

i hate that programme nearly as much as eastbenders curry st and hemeroid farm arrrggghhh
Old 11-11-2007, 21:11   #22
(RIP) PLANK

I am no big fan of it myself, I prefer Earl Hickey for my comedy, but you know what i meant :
Old 11-11-2007, 21:12   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLANK
Ladyinred, were you reffering to internal issues in this club, or the diff lock forum, i have got a little lost ops:
Both, Id like to really voice my issue's -banghead- but I'm as my name says I'm a lady.

I'm not digging at the mods on this site, just some of its members for there sucky attitude towards other members that happen to be members of other clubs (and other such childish whimpering) for example some of the comments made on the lane day Saturday. 'nuff said or I will rant on about it. ops: :evil: :x

Was not impressed at all.. :roll:
Old 11-11-2007, 21:14   #24
(RIP) PLANK

Ladyin red, I appreciate you are a lady (and a fine looking one too :wink: ) if i ever say anyhting to offend let me know straight away by P.M. and i will endeavour to change my ways!

P.S. dont tell the big fella i said the good looking bit in cas he thumps me at the next rally :wink:
Old 11-11-2007, 21:16   #25
JonathanM

My main point of irritation with Barny is that he uses the wording that people are being "told" to join this club, and does not see the provision of a link as being supply of information, nothing more, nothing else.

Perhaps next time I respond on Differs*, I'll say "I know the answer but you'll have to join the club,pay £10 then I'll tell you". That is telling someone to join.

*you know I won't, but I just don't like being "told" that I've "told" people to join :smile:
JonathanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 21:22   #26
(RIP) PLANK

I see your point mate, many people may not know we are here and will be gratefull for your friendly pointer, he seems to think it is a hard sell and all bad.
I think once people are here they will see it all very differently, I like this site and dont visit any others, I like the way that issues get talked through and we have the free ranging selection of topics!
Old 11-11-2007, 21:40   #27

Quote:
Ladyin red, I appreciate you are a lady (and a fine looking one too :wink: ) if i ever say anyhting to offend let me know straight away by P.M. and i will endeavour to change my ways!

P.S. dont tell the big fella i said the good looking bit in cas he thumps me at the next rally :wink:
I hold my own council as some of you are fully aware if we have met, and take no prisoners if something / somebody irritates me, I pack a mean verbal punch! (or as I mature walk away)

Hummingbird didn't really need to start this thread and neither did barnyzuki on the Diff site, it just caused a rant off. These clubs, be it the Difflock, CORC, Nissan or any others shouldn't deviate from what the club is about, going out on lanes, nice company (sometimes) driving skills, mechanical help etc... (and I see the culprit has not been back on and posted since, maybe he's gone to find a bigger spoon to stir the pot with)

(Plank - seriously do you not think he wont read my posts - its not Big Brother its Daddy is watching you! haha or little brother if Stressman was still a member)
Old 11-11-2007, 21:45   #28
(RIP) PLANK

Ladyin red, I am not going to reply in case i incriminate myself further :wink:

I am simply going to hide :!: :
Old 11-11-2007, 22:02   #29

Quote:
Ladyin red, I am not going to reply in case i incriminate myself further :wink:

I am simply going to hide :!: :