Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

Old 16-11-2007, 09:51   #1
mav4xr
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: 2 Mav's-2 T2'S & 1 SPARE
Default Transaction Protests

Welcome ...
http://www.transaction-2007.com/

Will be holding talks next week with the farmers to take direct action against riseing fuel costs

Just making every one aware of this site.
mav4xr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2007, 10:40   #2
(RIP) PLANK

Vehicle: T2 2004 TDI SE LWB

Looks lile a good plan, no fuel Monday 19th !

it might be worth chaging the title of the thread and including the basic plan in your first message to make sure everyone reads it!

I will try and get my family on board! lets seee if we can make a difference!
(RIP) PLANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2007, 11:07   #3
Boggert

Sounds like a good plan, I will not be buying fuel on Monday...

Fuel prices are too high, too much tax.
Boggert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2007, 15:41   #4
(RIP) PLANK

Vehicle: T2 2004 TDI SE LWB

The cynic in me says if we buy tuesday or sunday instead they will still get the tax and the oil companies the profits so nothing gained!

BUT!! The real message here is that people can get together and act on an issue of concern in great numbers the more the better! it shows our willingness to make a stand and that will have an impact!

You can send gangs of riot police to deal with protesters, or media spin to make them look like nutters, but the power of our wallets and purses is difficult to defeat, so LETS GIVE IT A GO!

MAV could we have this on a banner on the home page for a couple of days to make sure everyone is aware of this?
(RIP) PLANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2007, 18:05   #5
Deleted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLANK
The cynic in me says if we buy tuesday or sunday instead they will still get the tax and the oil companies the profits so nothing gained!

BUT!! The real message here is that people can get together and act on an issue of concern in great numbers the more the better! it shows our willingness to make a stand and that will have an impact
I agree completely with plank,how can the government not see,if they don't cut the tax on fuel,the cost of the rest of our lifestyle will just spiral out of control..
£1.10 for a loaf of bread,i was gob smacked...lol
Old 16-11-2007, 19:01   #6
jace

someones goto pay there exspenses lol makes you laugh when u read the auditors cant sign off on eu parliments books for last 13yrs when my books were wrong i was threatend with 40% interest payments alsorts
Old 17-11-2007, 11:42   #7
CHASTER

Vehicle: Terrano2 2.7 TDi LWB 2002

I shall be joining the boycot of the fuel pumps on Monday because that's all I can do to register some sort of protest.This will surely make Alister Darling shudder :roll: He will still get my money--but a little later!
The resultant extra crowding at the (already busy) filling stations on the following days will make me wonder if I haven't shot myself in the foot.

The UK motorist---haulier or private---is the "soft target".
Like the Bank of England uses interest rates to adjust the economy, the chancellor uses us to help to adjust his revenues. He knows we cannot abandon our vehicles, we have become dependent upon them therefore he can rely on us for his income no matter what. With fewer smokers around he needs us more than ever.
(Someone has to pay for all the military activities the UK seems to think it just has to get involved with).
When compared with the rest of the EU the UK motorist is SERIOUSLY disadvantaged.
Why do large British hauliers establish huge operations based in Belgium? Look at the taxes and price of diesel there and you have most of the answer.
Could we not lay a secret pipe to Europe? I wonder if PLUTO is still there?
CHASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2007, 12:45   #8
jims-terrano

Have allways ignored these type of protests in the past as I think that it really doesn't matter as the oil companies and government know we'll buy the fuel just a matter of when. I also don't think that the hauliers using rolling road blocks or blockading depots will do much for joe public. At the end of the day if the hauliers and other business's were told that they could claim fuel duty back in the same way as VAT, would they still fight for lower tax for joe public :?:

At the end of the day we are an easy target as the government (which ever party) know we love and need our cars so we will buy the fuel and pay the tax. Only way around it is to convert our trucks to solar power, until someone works out how to tax the suns energy :!:

Well that's my rant over with and guess what I still don't feel any better for the rant :cry:

Jim T
jims-terrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2007, 13:29   #9
knotting-pot

From what I have read recentley and unfortunately I cannot find evidence of this the price of fuel is now cheaper in real terms than it was during the seventies. Add this to the low cost of imported goods and supermarket foodstuffs we are enjoying I would suggest that we have never had it so good. I remember when I was younger, many years ago before you say anything, most homes had one vehicle if they were lucky, now we all seem to have vehicles for each member of the family and another one to play with so we must be able to afford them.
Old 17-11-2007, 15:03   #10
mav

Plank, Sorry have only just read this as i dont read every post straight away and may miss somethings, so if at anytime you dont get a reply it does not mean i dont agree, it could be that i have not noticed or seen it,
If thats the case just drop it in a pm please.

Have we got a banner anywhere that you have in mind?.

Mav.
mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2007, 17:18   #11
jims-terrano

Mick your just getting old if you can't keep up :

Jim T
jims-terrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2007, 20:26   #12
NNMan

Diesel costs £1.12 at home now, somthing needs to be done, I think the blockades were a better idea as weathere people knew or not or agreeded or not they couldent get any fuel.
NNMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2007, 21:37   #13
knotting-pot

I think we all must accept responsibility for the Global Warming situation, it has now been proved beyond reasonable doubt. Forget that C4 programme recentley it was Hogwash.

We are damaging the planet with our emissions..fact.
We should be discouraged from using our vehicles ..fact.
Heavy fuel taxation does reduce unnecessary vehicle journeys..fact.

Why can't we stop moaning about the price of our diminishing supply of fuel and take some responsibility for the damage we are causing? We don't own the planet we are simply being allowed to live here rent free.
I am as hypocritical as the next man as I use my vehicle for the odd unnecessary day out, but I do not (anymore) moan about the price of the fuel I buy.
Old 17-11-2007, 21:48   #14
jace

tell it to china,india,usa all need to cut theres what about aircraft emissions they burn tonnes fuel list goes on few piddling cars aint gonna make difference let alone fartin cows lol!
Old 18-11-2007, 11:17   #15
knotting-pot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jace
tell it to china,india,usa all need to cut theres what about aircraft emissions they burn tonnes fuel list goes on few piddling cars aint gonna make difference let alone fartin cows lol!

I believe that if we all took the attitude that "Well all the others are doing nothing about it then why should I?" is a little short sighted, if you don't mind me saying so.

We cannot expect the likes of China, India and the USA to comply quite so readily as it is not in their financial or political interests...............yet! Action is being directed at these countries

However when they see the rest of the world doing something about this Global problem I am sure they will follow suit, they do say "Rome wasn't built in a day".

Regarding Aircraft, there is a growing pressure to curb this also.
Regarding "a few piddling cars", take this statistic from 1997..."There are over 600 million motor vehicles in the world today. If present trends continue, the number of cars on Earth will double in the next 30 years."

If an alien were to land on earth, the first thing he would notice about the "green planet"is the amount of cars there are on the streets. He would see that they come in all shapes and sizes, colors and are of many different brands. He would attempts to count the cars, but would get lost quickly because no brain can comprehend a number so large. In 1900 there were only 4,192 passenger cars built in the US (the only country to be manufacturing cars). There were no buses or trucks. By 1985 there were 109 million cars in existence. Today, with dozens of countries participating in the creation of automobiles, that number is six times larger.

It is estimated that there are approximately 600 million motor vehicles being driven on the streets of earth, the alien would be dumbfounded with this number. The biggest manufacturers are Japan, producing 8,056,000 cars in 1998, the US, with 5,554,000, and Germany with 5,348,000. With passing time, these numbers experience a rapid growth. For example, in 1960 Japan produced 185,000 cars, but by the end of the 1990s it was producing nearly 10 million a year. It is believed that at this growth rate, the number of cars on earth will double within the next 30 years. In this time scientists predict that traffic congestion will become 10 times worse than it is today. If in 2001 it is difficult to cross a major street without having to wait five minutes for the traffic to stop, how long will one have to wait in 2050?

Today the alien will notice that with such a large number of cars and people on earth, there are approximately ten people per car. But what will happen when he returns for a second trip in a hundred years? Will there be as many cars as people, or maybe by that time we'll have discovered a new method of transportation that is much more efficient and eco-friendly than the car? Only time can tell.

Marina Stasenko -- 2001

Too many people still think that their tiny individual contribution counts for nothing, believe me it does. Remember building snowmen as a kid? You start with a tiny snowball and roll it in the snow pretty soon you have a huge snowball. The big step is going out in the cold in the first instance to make that tiny snowball, I think you know what I am saying!

I won't add lol at the end as I am serious about this.