Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub > Jokes humor and fun

Jokes humor and fun Keep it clean(ish)

Closed Thread

Old 29-01-2011, 22:42   #16
jace

they say sex is best form of exersize,but correct me if im wrong,but 2mins and 15 seconds once every three months aint gonna shift my beer belly is it!

Old 29-01-2011, 22:44   #17
jace

my house got robbed last night ,they robbed my scrabble board and dictionary,tell ya im lost for words!

Old 29-01-2011, 23:13   #18
(RIP) PLANK
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: T2 2004 TDI SE LWB

you see there are jokes and jokes, when someone cracked a funny about the recently murdered landscape architect, it was soon shot down in flames.

Racism isn't to everyones taste, how would you feel if it were jokes about disabled children, or staffies being vicious and should be shot, or anything close to your heart?

think about it
Old 29-01-2011, 23:38   #19
tezzer

Vehicle: transit camper van 1987

who is talking about racism, your just as likely to bring it up to cause trouble like you did last week, IT WAS POSTED IN JOKES,HUMOUR AND FUN. ffs
Old 29-01-2011, 23:46   #20
jace

ladies ladies handbags at dawn,plank if its racist look at it from my point of view obhama is not man enough to say no to mosque (probibly a scare story by a newspaer in 1st place!) but do you realy think if it did happen theyd not kick up such a fuss that some left wing afro-carribeen-gay and lesbian disabled mixed race homeless child brigade would pop out the wood work and campaign for the poor opressed muslims to be allowed to pray in peace,the same lot who isue death threats to cartoonists and novelists for speaking outve line its easy to call some one a racist and just keep repeating it to stiffle there views!

Old 30-01-2011, 00:06   #21
extreme-4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme-4x4 View Post
could prove very popular this is a subject i have looked into rather by accident . but let me assure you ladies from aisia and middle easy do actually wear bra's and even thongs. just because they are sometimes fully covered dont mean they dont have clothes like the rest of us

my question is are any of the things mentioned really suitable for such a sensitive location .

and can i just say AGAIN these sort of threads while we let them run . they are lots of bloody hard work to monitor and moderate . the last few took 3 whole evenings of very close watching (BY ME) just to keep them open and not censor or stop people having a chat about such stuff .

but if its going to be every couple of nights some of this comes up . then your spoil it for yourselves . and i'll be closing them . cos i really have fun stuff that i want to do .,. rather than baby sit this crap

no one has answered my question yet.
Old 30-01-2011, 00:12   #22
jace

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jace View Post
just dont bother then,id bugger of an do the fun stuff lol mind you i find this kindve stuff fun lol
ah ha!

Old 30-01-2011, 10:55   #23
Deleted account DD

Quote:
could prove very popular this is a subject i have looked into rather by accident . but let me assure you ladies from aisia and middle easy do actually wear bra's and even thongs. just because they are sometimes fully covered dont mean they dont have clothes like the rest of us

Meant to ask yesterday.....................

Please explain further
Old 30-01-2011, 11:15   #24
Deleted account DD

Quote:

my question is are any of the things mentioned really suitable for such a sensitive location .

Dark or "innapropriate" humour (note the use of " " )of any sort is often used as a defence mechanism when things are tough and usually in a private environment. Is anyone feeling under pressure through attending a major incident and is this truly private ?????

What happens though is those who dont see or understand the deeper meaning or use of such comments look for the straightforward slapstick humour and depending on their slant on life find it. They then feel the need to bring it to everyones attention in that context alone.

Thats not to say any of that applies here, it may but I cant say so.

Then in the public domain where comments are floating around someone comes along who takes offence. If they can explain why they find it offensive then effectively it is. The model to follow here is the racist legislation.

However the caveat is we're all allegedly grown ups and is the member who feels offended (as opposed to clearly defined legislation) the authority ?

Its all a balancing act. All opposing points on the seesaw and see which end wins. I would suggest one reason the revolutionaries feel hard done by is because quite rightly legislation weighs heavily against them. On this occasion they may feel the law is an ass but its an ass theyve created.

This is a massive grey area which has been debated elsewhere without conclusion so we arent going to sort it here and hence laws have evolved to tell us whats what, nothing to do with Orwells 1984 or big brother watching its because its had to be settled elsewhere by other means, ie statutory instruments.

To answer your question Col, if race is involved in the joke and someone clearly finds it racist and says so then for the purpose of publishing it on here..it is. Therfore its inappropriate. Publishing in the jokes section does not negate the need to play things right. If that were the case we'd have a "post what you want here because its not racist, sexist or defamatory" section and we'd all be fine.

One far more important point to consider though is the reputation of the site. You lknow how an old situation led to one 4x4 group being known as bullies and thugs? well do we want to be known as the racists ?????

No clear answer but I would say if you post it or read it and think ooooo....thats a bit close to the knuckle, it probably is
Old 30-01-2011, 11:17   #25
Deleted account DD

Meant to say, Im in the middle. I'm really not bothered about this joke. I can see the point its making but I dont think its particularly funny. Thats why I hadnt commented so far.

Doesn't offend me but I can easily see how it would offend some.

If I was guiding the mods finger I would probably delete it.

Like a lot of topics nowt to do with 4x4s but most subjects that arent are of general interest. This isnt really, just look at the low proportion of site visitors who've taken the time to comment..
Old 30-01-2011, 13:01   #26
jace

take away anything close to knuckle ,theyd be nowt left in jokes section lol. pictures of female linespeople with henry hoovers etc could upset people who have dysons and be classed as biased to wards on supermarket chain!

Old 30-01-2011, 14:08   #27
lacroupade

Got to be honest, that joke wouldn't be out of place on Frankie Boyles show. I have read it a dozen times and I don't think theres anything in there that would get near a court of law in a million years.

In fact I'm not actually aware of anyone ever having been prosecuted for a so-called racist joke (which this isn't, its pretty much religious as opposed to racial). Feel free to correct me of course!

And how long is it that we were all laughing at Love Thy Neighbour, Bernard Manning, Jim Davidson etc...

I mean if Trevor can get away with this?......

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...ite-bastard.do
Old 30-01-2011, 14:13   #28
lacroupade

Found this during my research. No comment, I just larfed.....I mean what WAS she doing there?

DON'T WATCH IT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE OFFENDED - IT ALSO HAS SWEARING IN IT....OO-ERR!

Old 30-01-2011, 14:29   #29
jace

chubbys got it all sorted!

Old 30-01-2011, 14:34   #30
11redrex

Vehicle: 1997 LWB Maverick 2.7TDi

No sound on my PC atm, but that bloke on her right looks downright offended, in fact he looks like he's about to sh*t himself.
Closed Thread