Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub > Jokes humor and fun

Jokes humor and fun Keep it clean(ish)

Old 25-02-2010, 13:22   #16
Deleted account DD
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidsid06 View Post
had a v reg wrangler which was a great truck but expensive to run due to it 4.0l engine. then i bought a new jeep wrangler jk which i did think the world of but had to sell it due to lack of work and mounting bills trouble with jeeps their prices drop like stones
I agree with the price bit. Thats why I bought the model I did at the price I paid I had been keeping an eye open for a long time (tight or what)

Got the Merc diesel engine , which is a cracker, in it and as I'll have it a few years even if its worth a big fat round zero when it goes in for another one I wont be arsed.

I did look at a nearly new (ex demo) grand cherokee which was in the higher £20k's after a lot of talking. Then I looked at a virtually identical one a couple of years older and realised the absolute tops to pay for that was around £16k

Horrendous difference let someone with more money than me take the big hit
Deleted account DD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2010, 13:24   #17
zippy656

Vehicle: Nissan Note Ntec 1.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by daved View Post
Absolutely correct I took quite a bit of flack when I went to a Jeep

and you keep comeing back for more!

oops

What towed it back in ?
was a new range rover and a trailer..

cause i didnt get it....
zippy656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2010, 14:36   #18
zippy656

Vehicle: Nissan Note Ntec 1.5

Re: Lawn mower bashing

by rojbarker on February 23rd, 2010, 4:47 pm
How do you know when a Landy owner has had sex?

One of his fingers is clean.
zippy656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2010, 15:15   #19
magsleon

Vehicle: t2/2inch lift. Vectra100t
Default Lannys

Last year we were looking for a land pig for Maggie, my wife, but could,nt see anything half decent for our price range so we opted for the t2 which we are very happy with. My brother has got a Disco on a k plate and has abused it for years, the locks are dodgy and so is the heater but other than that no problems. Last year before we got the t2 we borrowed the Disco to trailer my sons old Omega back from the deep south up to Yorkshire and it did the job just fine.
I am just waiting to see if spares for the t2 will be as cheap and plentiful as they are for LR, no doubt time will tell. By the way LR is now India owned.
magsleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2010, 17:03   #20
Deleted account DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by magsleon View Post
By the way LR is now India owned.
Thats sort of stuffs it up for the buy british brigades campaign

I think I'll stick with my Austrian built American offering
Old 25-02-2010, 17:21   #21
Terranosaurus

Vehicle: 2001 2.7 TDi T2 SWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by magsleon View Post
By the way LR is now India owned.
Aye LR was owned by Ford for some years before that.

There basically aren't an UK car manufacturers anymore - biggest I can think of is Ginetta and I'm not 100% sure if they are still British owned.
Terranosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2010, 18:07   #22
tezzer

Vehicle: transit camper van 1987

Quote:
Thats sort of stuffs it up for the buy british brigades campaign

I think I'll stick with my Austrian built American offering
i suppose that's me then, i did'nt know they were owned by india, still they are best 4x4xfar though,
tezzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2010, 18:28   #23
Deleted account DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezzer View Post
i suppose that's me then,
My comment wasn't aimed at you specifically, sorry if it looked that way, no I meant the irrational ones who rant on about British stuff being the best but haven't a clue.

On a similar vein v interesting (and suprisingly balanced) program on last night about wisbech (is that how its spelt?) and their living with loads of immigrants. Called "the day the immigrants went home"

The conclusions were actually quite surprising.

Quote:
still they are best 4x4xfar though,
no hope
Old 25-02-2010, 18:33   #24
tezzer

Quote:
My comment wasn't aimed at you specifically, sorry if it looked that way, no I meant the irrational ones who rant on about British stuff being the best but haven't a clue.

On a similar vein v interesting (and suprisingly balanced) program on last night about wisbech (is that how its spelt?) and their living with loads of immigrants. Called "the day the immigrants went home"

The conclusions were actually quite surprising.

no hope
no problem dave,
this program, was it about immigrant farm workers,and our unemployed changing places? i was with my mate today and he was telling me about it, needless to say out lot did'nt fair to good as im told,
Old 25-02-2010, 18:43   #25
sidsid06

Vehicle: terrano2 2.7td

Quote:
no problem dave,
this program, was it about immigrant farm workers,and our unemployed changing places? i was with my mate today and he was telling me about it, needless to say out lot did'nt fair to good as im told,
YES THE PROGRAM made the british worker look like a right load lazy pr..k! dont think they could of found a more lazy bunch if they tryed! the one had been on benafits for 5 years he had no intenstion of working! all he done was sit and play on his x box! well i stop his benafits a couple of the chaps wanted to work but no change immagrants come first here you know
sidsid06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2010, 19:06   #26
lacroupade

Quote:
all comments taken in, and there peoples opinions and i can live with that, i know it was in jest zipps, but as you know im a devout land rover man, i've only got a t2 because the wife loves them, now where the solicitors number,
Its OK we understand Tez, after your op it must be hell dealing with PMT and all that stuff.....
lacroupade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2010, 19:18   #27
tezzer

im having my patch fitted tomorrow, so i should be ok in a few weeks.
Old 25-02-2010, 20:43   #28
Deleted account DD

One of the most interesting points was the boss from the spud factory. He admitted he paid lower wages to immigrants than Brits, and the immigrants saw them as good wages.

I was just about to start ranting on when he was asked what the impact of employing Brits would be.

Put dead simply the cost to the consumer would go up and from his point of view the extra money he would be paying out would justify in him investing the money instead in an automated potato processing system, presumably far more reliable than most humans .

Therefore no manual jobs for anyone, immigrants, locals....no one.

Sobering thought really and certainly wakes you up to the fact theres more to it than the "he's got my job" argument.

As far as the people they used, yes some real lazy twats. That 26yr old skateboarding x box player needs a kick up the arse as does that 19yr mollycoddled florists son who said the right words but when he was handed a job where pay was directly proportionate to his effort he couldnt be arsed. Ironically even with his wimpish efforts he still made more pro rata than his dole pays out !!!!! Losers

In fairness though the others in the field did have a go, the lad in the restaurant tried and the spud packers seemed to get on with it (eventually)

Best one of all the chippy & his mate even got kept on in favour of the immigrant worker.

I thought it was a good balanced prog but some of the ****ers give you an idea why we're in the state we are

My 18 yr old was made redundant last year. He has a good work ethos but it was made abundantly clear to him he would get nowt unless he at least made the effort to try and find work and he was to take anything so his cv read "employed" until he got back to what he wanted.

In fairness to him I was dead proud he did just that and his old boss has now taken him back on so he's happy. However one of the things she did ask him was what had been doing in the interim and was over the moon with the answer
Old 25-02-2010, 20:58   #29
Spook

Vehicle: Can't say too embarassing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terranosaurus View Post
There basically aren't an UK car manufacturers anymore - biggest I can think of is Ginetta and I'm not 100% sure if they are still British owned.
London Taxi International were the biggest once Rover went.
everybody else just screws together stuff made elsewhere.

As for LR i had a disco 200, it leaked a bit but did 30+mpg, towed 'van no probs even averaged 28mpg towing 'van to isle of white and back (obviously had to use a ferry for a bit - it wasn't that good) BUT every year at mot time it failed on welding sold it bought mpv - no good for towing, bought Mav. Same age as my old disco (L reg) but solid, doesn't do as much mpg
Spook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2010, 21:08   #30
Deleted account DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook View Post
everybody else just screws together stuff made elsewhere.
Arent London Taxi the same? I thought the engines were Renault

Not 100% sure though