Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > I'm new here, please be gentle

I'm new here, please be gentle This is where you can "introduce yourself". A chance for you as a new member to say hello and for you to tell us about yourselves, your truck and your other interests.

Old 31-05-2011, 23:47   #16
monkey
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terranoman View Post
welcome I'm also from Northampton. T2 all the way
Thanks for that - I'm hoping if I do go for the T2 you will know of some good places to use it???
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2011, 23:50   #17
R1cho

Vehicle: 1997 LandCruiser Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
Am looking at the Terrano - can you let me know if 90mph is the top end for them as stated in autotrader?

Am interested in something like this:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...1501?logcode=p

some people on here don't think its true (mentioning no names lol) but i've had speedo reading of 110
R1cho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2011, 23:57   #18
lacroupade

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1cho View Post
some people on here don't think its true (mentioning no names lol) but i've had speedo reading of 110
you will you clot, I've had a bit more than that with the Tunit wound right up, but its actual top speed is around the 98mph mark for one in peak condition.....then theres parallax error of course LMAO!
lacroupade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 00:00   #19
R1cho

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacroupade View Post
you will you clot, I've had a bit more than that with the Tunit wound right up, but its actual top speed is around the 98mph mark for one in peak condition.....then theres parallax error of course LMAO!
why must you burst my bubble it was doin 110 end of
Old 01-06-2011, 00:27   #20
BIGSEAN

Vehicle: Terrano 2.7 tdi

The SWB model is very limited on boot space, if you need to pak hiking gear (or go shopping ) go for the LWB (5 DOOR)
BIGSEAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:54   #21
lacroupade

Monkey I would just think about what mileage you're going to do and fuel consumption. If you can live with 25mpg then go for the Terrano because it will do everything. If you can't get the XTrail. Simple.

If I didn't have other cars to use, no way would I buy a Terrano today, its just too thirsty for every day use...and the problem is, these things need to be driven regularly or they curl up and die. I've had four of them and currently two on the road......I'm just about to sell one and thinking seriously about the others future.
Old 01-06-2011, 22:53   #22
monkey

Thanks for that, the more I have read about consumption etc, the more I need a soft roader (something that will get me round wet lanes and fields) but not make me have a stroke in fuel costs. So am looking at the Xtrail or a Maverick if it has an LPG conversion.

I know this forum won't be a great help with the MK3 Mav, but I think it will still be a fun(ish) car to own.
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:23   #23
macabethiel

Vehicle: Freelander & Jeep GC 3.0
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
Hi All

Just signed up to the forum as am based in Northampton & looking to get myself a new toy.

I cannot decide which is best & I welcome any help you guys can give:

1, Nissan X-Trail (2002) 2.0i Sport
2, Ford Maverick (2003) 3.0XLT with LPG conversion
3, Nissan Terrano (2007) 2.7

PLEASE HELP - this is driving me nuts, am planning to buy in about 2 months (in time for a trip to Ben Nevis for a brisk walk) but don't really know enough about these to make a proper decision.

Cheers for any help...

I would go for the Petrol with LPG I have owned two diesels my current Terrano R3mR and a Merc 250 TDI I have found them dearer to maintain than petrol engines and unless you do big mileage give me petrol every time. When my Terrano is beyond economic repair I am going back to petrol.

PS I do not tow and prefer automatics so I have my own agenda the truck does abot 6,000 miles a year.
macabethiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 13:52   #24
4x4_Gav

Vehicle: Nissan Terrano II 2.7 TDI

Welcome to the club mate.

Terrano 2.7 all day long mate, they will go forever!
4x4_Gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 14:11   #25
lacroupade

Quote:
Umm bit of a surprise.

I recently installed the Tunit into wifes automatic but I've never exceeded the speed limit.

So after this little exchange somebody, lets just call him a friend, took it for a spin up the M5 last night.

I expected the automatic to do its top speed a bit easier because of its lower gearing - at an indicated 110mph it would be doing 3700rpm, whereas the manual would be doing 4600rpm, right on the rev limiter (assuming it kicks in in top gear!) but I was very surprised at an alleged consistent 104mph against the satnav.....! Apparently the speedo stuck at 110 as the satnav passed 98mph and wouldn't move any further.
Old 02-06-2011, 15:11   #26
R1cho

Quote:
Umm bit of a surprise.

I recently installed the Tunit into wifes automatic but I've never exceeded the speed limit.

So after this little exchange somebody, lets just call him a friend, took it for a spin up the M5 last night.

I expected the automatic to do its top speed a bit easier because of its lower gearing - at an indicated 110mph it would be doing 3700rpm, whereas the manual would be doing 4600rpm, right on the rev limiter (assuming it kicks in in top gear!) but I was very surprised at an alleged consistent 104mph against the satnav.....! Apparently the speedo stuck at 110 as the satnav passed 98mph and wouldn't move any further.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:07   #27
lacroupade

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1cho View Post
I've seen the video honest!