Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > I'm new here, please be gentle

I'm new here, please be gentle This is where you can "introduce yourself". A chance for you as a new member to say hello and for you to tell us about yourselves, your truck and your other interests.

Old 27-01-2008, 14:49   #1
karmakoma

Default Hello all

Hi there, my name is Matt and I've just joined. I'm in the process of buying a '95 Mistral and was very pleased to find this club! Currently I'm in the 'Oh-my-god-all-the-things-that-can-go-wrong' phase of getting a new car [and my first 4x4 to boot]. I certainly hope it's OK as I have to drive it to France later in the week! Time will tell, but this club has already been useful. Regards to all.
Old 27-01-2008, 15:32   #2
jims-terrano
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Hi Matt, welcome to the club and I hope it saves you as much money on repairs as it has saved me. These motors seem pretty reliable on the whole so I'm sure if you do the normal levels checks and take it steady your trip will be fine. Ensure you have break down cover just to be on the safe side though as this will give you peace of mind and let you enjoy the trip.

Jim T
jims-terrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2008, 16:19   #3
Deleted Member S

Hi & welcome to the club :smile: Mines had a few probs over the last year since I got her, but on a whole it has cost less to maintain than the mondeo I had before it :smile: The help that i've had from the members of this club has ment i've been able to do the jobs at home instead of having to got to garages for the work to be done
Deleted Member S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2008, 17:45   #4
jace

service and good routine check over should see to france and back check out down loads for mini filter thats worth doing!
Old 27-01-2008, 17:52   #5
Deleted Member D

Default mini filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jace
service and good routine check over should see to france and back check out down loads for mini filter thats worth doing!
Even for a patrol with a zd30 :?:
Deleted Member D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2008, 18:00   #6
jace

well my pump looks same as tdi pump an i believe ive read they have different type mini filter so maybe if its there gonna be on inlet side things
Old 27-01-2008, 18:13   #7
JonathanM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jace
well my pump looks same as tdi pump an i believe ive read they have different type mini filter so maybe if its there gonna be on inlet side things
AFAIK the later TDI terrano doesn't have the mini filter, I'm of the impression that the mini filter is TD only?

I've used my terrano to get to france 5 times now, sadly this easter will be the first run in the X-trail rather than the T2, but it will do.

I'd get a full (major) service done somewhere reputable, as a bit of peace of mind, and if you are planning to tow then the caravan club Red Pennant european cover takes some beating.
JonathanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2008, 19:18   #8
karmakoma

Thanks for the welcome guys - I'm sure this forum has already paid for itself! I'll be sure to do a thorough check before heading off to France - and thanks for the advice.
Old 27-01-2008, 20:06   #9
Toolbox

Vehicle: Oh yes

Hello karmakoma and welcome.
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2008, 21:37   #10
devs

hi matt and welcome. :P