Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > I'm new here, please be gentle

I'm new here, please be gentle This is where you can "introduce yourself". A chance for you as a new member to say hello and for you to tell us about yourselves, your truck and your other interests.

Old 18-03-2008, 19:16   #1
bluebiker900

Default Hello From Sunny Staffordshire

Hello all,
Just bought a 2001 Nissan Terrano 2 SE+, last week. I bought this 4x4 because we have just upgraded our caravan to a 2005 Lunar Lexon 640 twin axle, and my old Citron C5 would not pull it safely. I went out looking for a mpv, until I saw this Nissan @ my local second car dealer, until now I had never considered a 4x4 vehicle. And if I had not upgraded caravans, I would have happily kept my C5. I have never driven or even been in a 4x4 before so it is all a new to me. Over the last week I have really enjoyed driving the Terrano and wished I had got a vehicle like this years ago. Only one problem with the Terrano that I have found is that the LCD display keeps fading when the vehicle has been standing over-night, after 10 miles or so it's fine. Is this a common problem with the Terrano? and does any one no how to sort this problem out. Also is there any other problems that I need to keep an eye out for?.

Bye for now
Old 18-03-2008, 19:39   #2
Deleted Member

Default Re: Hello From Sunny Staffordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebiker900
Hello all,
Just bought a 2001 Nissan Terrano 2 SE+, last week. I bought this 4x4 because we have just upgraded our caravan to a 2005 Lunar Lexon 640 twin axle, and my old Citron C5 would not pull it safely. I went out looking for a mpv, until I saw this Nissan @ my local second car dealer, until now I had never considered a 4x4 vehicle. And if I had not upgraded caravans, I would have happily kept my C5. I have never driven or even been in a 4x4 before so it is all a new to me. Over the last week I have really enjoyed driving the Terrano and wished I had got a vehicle like this years ago. Only one problem with the Terrano that I have found is that the LCD display keeps fading when the vehicle has been standing over-night, after 10 miles or so it's fine. Is this a common problem with the Terrano? and does any one no how to sort this problem out. Also is there any other problems that I need to keep an eye out for?.

Bye for now
Hello bluebiker900,
Glad your happy with your T2,it will pull your new van no problem!As for your display,this is a common problem,mine has done it since i got mine :?
I'm afraid there is no fix for this problem apart from going back to nissan and paying a fortune for a new unit!!
As for any other problems,if one rears it's ugly head either ask in the forums or do a search,either way you will get your Q answered :
Welcome to the club and enjoy 8) :
Old 18-03-2008, 19:45   #3
Deleted Member S
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Hi Bluebiker900 & welcome to the club :smile: Your LCD display is a common prob so I belive on the later T2's :roll: & I think the only way to stop it happening is to replace the clocks so if you have a warranty on your truck I would see if you can get it done as I think a new set of clock is about £300 8O but in time it'll happen to the new clocks aswell so most peeps just live with it :smile:
Deleted Member S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2008, 20:18   #4
mully
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Terrano11

Hi Bluebiker900 my Terrano has the same problem has yours, its annoying because i like to know how far ive pulled my caravan?,its not an mot failure so i will have to put up with it. ps Terrano just sailed through the Mot yesterday.
mully is offline   Reply With Quote