Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > I'm new here, please be gentle

I'm new here, please be gentle This is where you can "introduce yourself". A chance for you as a new member to say hello and for you to tell us about yourselves, your truck and your other interests.

Old 15-11-2007, 22:56   #1
dodd59

Default Rookie

Hi all.My name is Karl.Just joined,only found the club recently.I have owned a 94 4.2D LWB Patrol for a year now.Bought it to tow a 3.5 ton trailer loaded with Astronomical Observatories aroundAlready pulled 1 to Portsmouth,1 to Surrey And a 1300 miles round trip to Tralee,West Ireland.She's done 204000 but still pulls no trouble.I dont really know much about any cars,never really been inspired,but my Patrol has me thinking about self fixing.Hope there are people here to advise me and look forward to speaking (webstyle) to all and any.
Old 15-11-2007, 23:00   #2
jace

lovely old beast think youve topped milage score one lad took his to moroco at 180k!
Old 15-11-2007, 23:06   #3
wolf
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Nissan Terrano II '98

welcome to the club mate, ahh lovely tralee!, aint there some astoligical event happening soon? meteor shower or something? then that near miss in 2030 will determin if the next pass will strike! or something to that effect?

Mods: Front Spots on Bull Bar, Sat Nav, All Purpose scanner with low profile aieral.
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2007, 18:37   #4
rustic

Vehicle: Maverick Mk I 2.7 TD LWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
welcome to the club mate, ahh lovely tralee!, aint there some astoligical event happening soon? meteor shower or something? then that near miss in 2030 will determin if the next pass will strike! or something to that effect?

I never understand the phrase "near miss" ie it nearly missed so it must have hit then.... -banghead-
rustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2007, 18:44   #5
jace

think near miss in astronomical terms is within so many thousands of miles! not like when you nearly hit in car where inches crucial!
Old 16-11-2007, 18:52   #6
wolf

Vehicle: Nissan Terrano II '98

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustic
I never understand the phrase "near miss" ie it nearly missed so it must have hit then.... -banghead-
or maybe, it nearly hit then missed? hense near miss!!!!

Mods: Front Spots on Bull Bar, Sat Nav, All Purpose scanner with low profile aieral.
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2007, 19:13   #7
dodd59

Hello Fellas

Thanks for the greetings,you can tell a good club by the reception.
I am not an astronomer,although I have an interest.I build Observatories for Astronomers.
Had to stay in Tralee and build that 1.They must be the worst roads I've ever driven,full of holes.People are really nice though.
Never been off-road.It appeals greatly but until recently I have been coaching American football.Just been dumped for youngsters.I'm looking for another Coaching berth but if it don't work out I may have to consider getting muddy another way.