Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

View Poll Results: Who will you vote for?
Tory 8 30.77%
Lab 4 15.38%
Lib 6 23.08%
Regional/National (SNP, Plaid Cymru) 0 0%
Local Indi 3 11.54%
Other 3 11.54%
Cant be arsed to vote 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-05-2010, 18:47   #31
ClanWolf
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Terrano II 2.4i SE

Just voted, Lib Dem on both. Not that I like the f***ers, but Labour are a shambles and the Conservatives would be like rabid dogs.

My politics are very naive, but I do believe the following applies: "All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

Go and vote. Because the fanatics are.
ClanWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:09   #32
Deleted account DD

Well we've got the hung Parliament.

One interesting point though. Despite the massive swing away from lab , generally towards Tory, as its a hung Parliament Brown doesnt have to leave Downing St. Skin of teeth and all of that.

So.........

Bearing in mind the massive swing away from him, will he do the decent thing and vacate or will he have one last act of immoral, condescending , dishonest arrogance that has peppered his meddling from beginning (Iraq war & not the steady hands on fiscal matters he was touted as) to end (that very decent lady he labelled as a bigot, first in and last out of recession )?

As he's turned up "for work as normal" in the Prime Ministerial car this morning my moneys with the majority of commentators and he wont be changing the address his barclaycards sent to at the moment at least.
Deleted account DD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:14   #33
briggie

Vehicle: " alice "

i was saving this untill after the election ..... i still havent had a reply to the e mail i sent the labour party candidate about the episode in tescos
briggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:17   #34
briggie

to find out whos won in your constituency . type your postcode in here..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/elect...tuency/a85.stm
Old 07-05-2010, 10:28   #35
briggie

Default Frustrated after the election ?

http://www.slapometer.com/
Old 07-05-2010, 11:58   #36
lacroupade

Quote:
Originally Posted by daved View Post
Well we've got the hung Parliament.

One interesting point though. Despite the massive swing away from lab , generally towards Tory, as its a hung Parliament Brown doesnt have to leave Downing St. Skin of teeth and all of that.

So.........

Bearing in mind the massive swing away from him, will he do the decent thing and vacate or will he have one last act of immoral, condescending , dishonest arrogance that has peppered his meddling from beginning (Iraq war & not the steady hands on fiscal matters he was touted as) to end (that very decent lady he labelled as a bigot, first in and last out of recession )?

As he's turned up "for work as normal" in the Prime Ministerial car this morning my moneys with the majority of commentators and he wont be changing the address his barclaycards sent to at the moment at least.
Seriously pi55ed here. He was never voted in by the public and now he wants to stay on uninvited - the ar*ehole should just feck off now......but Jacqui Smith out, what a result
lacroupade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:11   #37
Deleted account DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacroupade View Post
but Jacqui Smith out, what a result

yee hah , bang on, what a fecking superb result

For the record, I and I reckon approx 150 000 of my colleagues detest that woman. She embodied everything that was bad about new labour politicians even down to stupidity when she won the battle against us but lost the war through her own incompetence. Just cant say it often enough, what a fantastic result
Old 07-05-2010, 12:21   #38
Deleted account DD

In fact I'm that pleased

Got to say it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by daved View Post
yee hah , bang on, what a fecking superb result

For the record, I and I reckon approx 150 000 of my colleagues detest that woman. She embodied everything that was bad about new labour politicians even down to stupidity when she won the battle against us but lost the war through her own incompetence. Just cant say it often enough, what a fantastic result
Old 07-05-2010, 12:35   #39
clivvy

Vehicle: Terrano 03 LWB

like most stains, Browns going to be tough to remove. Hes already said hes going to "stand by the country and continue to work hard " blah crappy blah, not quoting here by the way. its obvious where this is going i think, and its trouble.

I voted Lib Dem, cos frankly Labour is a sham, and Brown is a cock (HOW can anyone vote for a man like him? a person who calls his OWN consituants biggots?), Torys, well, need i say more? Lib Dems arent even great, I just felt they had a fresher almost more honest approach, and they seem to be far FAR less childish than Labour And Conservative now. All we are going to see is them two bickering like school children, blaming each other for past presetn and future.

im pig sick of this crap. Its like you vote, a clear winner gets the majority of votes, but that doesnt matter, cos they didnt get a certain percentage, so the existing PM gets to stay? cock.
clivvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:42   #40
supertaff

Vehicle: 1999 (V) Terrano II SE

Whoever parks his arse in number 10 , it will be "God help Joe Public",
If that limp-wristed Cameron gets in it will be "Hooray-Henrys Rule, don't do as I do, do as I say"!! ... and if Brown stays it will be " Business as usual at animal farm, form a queue at the pigs trough mates ... the taxpayer will fund it"!! .
They are all talking about cuts in the public sector ... but how many of them have volunteered to give the massive payrise they recently awarded themselves back to the taxpayer? Is any one of them worth the space they take up at Westminister ? ........ NOPE !!!!!!!
supertaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 13:10   #41
lacroupade

and as has been frequently said in the financial press.....whatever government DOES get in is likely to be out of office thereafter for a very long time if it deals with the financial crisis properly, i.e. we have a very hard time coming whoevers in charge.....
lacroupade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 13:13   #42
briggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacroupade View Post
and as has been frequently said in the financial press.....whatever government DOES get in is likely to be out of office thereafter for a very long time if it deals with the financial crisis properly, i.e. we have a very hard time coming whoevers in charge.....
indeed mate ... one only has to look at greece and its austerity measures and the response thats created .
Old 07-05-2010, 19:23   #43
Deleted account DD

Well it looks as though Brown AGAIN is failing to do the decent thing. He's clinging on tho the Downing Street door keys.

What a tosser.

ps pleased to see Charles Clark , another bollox home secretary has been put on the unemployment register too

Strange times indeed . Redcar near us a traditional labour stronghold has gone to the Lib Dems. Frank Cook who some may have heard of, formerly a Labour stalwart but fell out with them and stood as an indi in our area was decisively beaten by the BNP candidate and there he was relying on his good time "friends"
Old 07-05-2010, 20:21   #44
ocelot

Vehicle: Nissan Terrano 2.7

Guess its that time again, only another 5 years to go before the pigs get caught with their faces in the trough at our expense and the BS begins again.
The media tell us with certainty, what the politicians mean, instead of allowing us to decide, interpretation being 9 tenths of the law.......

I've watched the process with dread, the people of the uk have been duped and media-led, again. Most of what we see on TV, even the 'live' stuff, is edited in some way. Dumbed down into bite sized convenient lumps which the electorate can swallow, history is written by the victors it's often said!

Just how much nonsense can any of the parties come up with before they are exposed as the self serving, crony loving, selfish toerags that they really are.......................
There are a few good politicians I believe, but someone once said, maybe truthfully,

Politicians never lie, EXCEPT when they open their mouths...............

All animals are equal......................... etc etc etc etc etc etc.........

Totally disillusioned with the whole damned process as you may well have guessed. Another 5 years of rising taxes, falling incomes and increasing immigration and none of the parties in power can do a damned thing.......
ocelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:08   #45
andrewk

Vehicle: Nissan Patrol

What an interesting thread .........

I'm a tad bemused by what seems to be happening now. Nick Clegg seems to have hijacked the constitutional process.

My understanding of what should have happened is that it's down to the outgoing prime minister (Gordon Brown) to decide whether he can form a new government. As Labour are not now the largest party, he would obviously have concluded that it just wasn't possible without the support of the Lib Dems - so, I guess he would have phoned Nick Clegg first thing on Friday AM had he not made that public statement about the Tories having to prove that they could govern in the national interest. Presumably, in line with what he had previously said, Nick Clegg would have refused to support a new labour goverment, so GB would have gone to see the queen, resigned and suggested that the queen invite David Cameron as the leader of the largest party. DC could have been installed in Number 10 by lunchtime.

The country must have a prime minister at all times and government business must continue. Gordon Brown has no option but to sit on his thumbs in Number 10 until the negotiations between the Lib Dems and the Conservatives conclude and it becomes clear whether the Conservatives can form a government.

I can't actually see the Lib Dems (the party and their supporters - not just the parliamentary leadership) giving up their commitment to electoral change so that Nick Clegg can strut around the cabinet office pretending that he wields some real power in the new government. If they did, I reckon that electors would not judge them kindly and would take that into consideration when deciding whether to vote Lib Dem at the next election - which would probably be sooner rather than later.

What do you guys think? Are we going to see a Lib-Con coalition?

Andrew
andrewk is offline   Reply With Quote