Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > I'm new here, please be gentle

I'm new here, please be gentle This is where you can "introduce yourself". A chance for you as a new member to say hello and for you to tell us about yourselves, your truck and your other interests.

Old 03-10-2007, 19:20   #1
AndyXLT

Default Hello everybody

I've recently bought my first 4x4, have owned all sorts of cars over the years some new, some old, some good (impreza turbo) and some bad (montego diesel!)

I recently picked up an almost mint Maverick 2, 3.0 XLT fully loaded, 2001 Y with 70k miles and a full ford history for just over 3 grand and I'm well happy with it.

Just gotta find some mud now - need to see if the 4WD actually works!!! hehehe

Andy
Old 03-10-2007, 19:44   #2
BlueBull
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Terrano II

Hello Andy, welcome to the club mate, you will enjoy it here always people willing to help no matter what and congrats on the new motor, and good luck with the MUD lol
BlueBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 20:11   #3
Deleted Member

Hi Andy,welcome to the club,depending on how far you want to travel Cameraman is running some greenlaning and beginners courses.
Just look in the forum.
I have just been on my first greenlaning weekend with other members of the club and enjoyed every minute of it!
Old 03-10-2007, 20:15   #4
Deleted Member S

Hi andy & welcome to the club :smile: Where abouts are you from :?:
Deleted Member S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 21:10   #5
Toolbox

Vehicle: Oh yes

Hello Andy and welome, I hope you enjoy your new Mav and the club.
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 21:32   #6
theduck

Hi andy,
Welcome to the best by far 4x4 club, can you fill in the details about your truck and where you are from then we know what you are running if you in the unlikely event you may need some help.

All the Best

Dave the Duck

Quack Quack
theduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 22:29   #7
GoonerCarp

Vehicle: Terrano II TDI

Welcome Andy,
I recently joined myself, really good bunch on here, you've come to the right place. Enjoy. :smile:
GoonerCarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 22:41   #8
Boggert

Hi Andy welcome to the club... lots of useful info here!
Boggert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 02:21   #9

Hello Mate,

Nice price you paid and for what you have a real bargain.

Mine is the same model but on 02 plate, I've owned it for about 3 years now.

They produce 196BHP and 195 lbs of torque in standard form. So they have performance on and off road.

They are predominantly front wheel drive,with the rear coming in automaticlly if slip is felt, or you can lock into 4x4 by electronic switch on dash. Drive is split 60/40, and the differance is remarkable. You will very rarley need it though. I run 80% road tyre 20% off road tyres on mine Cooper discovery sports. They are same size as Land rover tyres and wheels so no shortage there.

In this country they were a limited production run and not popular because of the column change and long reach needed for the handbrake.

The rest of the world call them the Ford Escape, and its the most popular small SUV in the USA.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/suvs/esc...annerid=361247

If you look in the gallery there are pictures of mine, both on and off road.

I have side steps and a bull bar fitted to mine, its the only one I've ever seen moded at all.

I can go on all night about whats really good about them, but I'm sure you'll find that out yourself.

The bad bits:

They drink petrol, dosn't matter how you drive 17mpg around town is about average. On a run, even towing I can get 20mpg ish

For off road use you will find a little limited as the ground clearance is only 7 - 8" at the lowest point. (although over 12" at the highest)

Parts are a preminum as most Ford dealers don't know what they are, and few have seen them!! The last part I needed came from the USA via Germany.
Old 04-10-2007, 21:36   #10
AndyXLT

Thanks for the welcomes folks, hope to see you at an event soon

I'm going to be needing new tyres soon and would like to go wider than standard (not taller, don't wanna mess with the gearing) does anybody know what size i can go to without fouling bodywork etc?

Cheers

Andy
Old 05-10-2007, 01:56   #11

Unless you are planning to fit spacers then stick with what you have, 235/70/16. They are quite wide for the size of the vehicle. Run them at 35psi and you should have no trouble. If you off road it then any wider without taller may cause you more trouble than just fitting them into the space.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:25   #12
AndyXLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameraman
They are same size as Land rover tyres and wheels so no shortage there.
so if i wanted a set of offroad wheels/tyres i can pick up a set off a disco or defender, are they all the same size?
Old 05-10-2007, 09:53   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyXLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameraman
They are same size as Land rover tyres and wheels so no shortage there.
so if i wanted a set of offroad wheels/tyres i can pick up a set off a disco or defender, are they all the same size?
Disco tyres and Mav tyres exactly the same 235/70/16, wheels same size but wheel nut holes pattern differant. (I'd need to check mine against each other.)