Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > I'm new here, please be gentle

I'm new here, please be gentle This is where you can "introduce yourself". A chance for you as a new member to say hello and for you to tell us about yourselves, your truck and your other interests.

Old 27-02-2018, 22:16   #16
Blocky10
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: 2004 Terrano 3.0 SVE Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Welcome mate!!! How about you sort out the shipping of some LOKKA's over her bypassing the customs duty and we'll get you a lift kit sorted in return
+1
Blocky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 22:28   #17
stevew

Vehicle: maverick swb

hi i`m sure your terrano shares engine parts with quite a few nissan cars so worth looking in scrap yards for engine parts and i may be wrong but i think they share running gear with the mk1 terrano and a pickup? so lift kits should be easily found as i beleve there is a bit following for the early nissan/datsuns.
normaly i would back this post up with some links and a bit more solid info but ive got a 5 month old with teething problems on my knee
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 22:41   #18
terranosaurusdoug

Vehicle: 2000 Terrano lwb 2.7TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Welcome mate!!! How about you sort out the shipping of some LOKKA's over her bypassing the customs duty and we'll get you a lift kit sorted in return
+2
terranosaurusdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2018, 10:37   #19
Aussie beach lover

Vehicle: Nissan terrano2 2.4 petro

G’day all, thanks for the welcome. Can anyone comment good or bad. It has been suggested that I drop the oil replace with straight kerosene. Removefuel pump fuse, removeplug leads and turn over the motor in short 15to 20 sec bursts. Mainly to draw up kero thru the pick up and into the system.

I know the oil pump is clear as it’s new but if the pick up is blocked it should hopefully clear it.

Any thoughts
Aussie beach lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2018, 11:02   #20
solarman216
Off road maniac

Vehicle: Y60 Patrol Me, 3 ltr Mrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie beach lover View Post
G’day all, thanks for the welcome. Can anyone comment good or bad. It has been suggested that I drop the oil replace with straight kerosene. Removefuel pump fuse, removeplug leads and turn over the motor in short 15to 20 sec bursts. Mainly to draw up kero thru the pick up and into the system.

I know the oil pump is clear as it’s new but if the pick up is blocked it should hopefully clear it.

Any thoughts
Cannot see that doing any good, the pickup gause is quite course so if something has blocked that then your old oil must have been in a very bad way, can you explain exactly what your symptoms are, Rick
3 inch SS straight through exhaust
Manly winch bumper with 13000 lb winch
10 spike ground anchor, with multiple straps and blocks
Super strong body cills capped with scaffold pole
20% stronger springs all round
aggressive off road tyres on wheels so just swap.
Aim to get stuck and be completely self sufficient in extraction, love getting muddy, 2ft deep is good but rare.
solarman216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2018, 11:32   #21
Aussie beach lover

Vehicle: Nissan terrano2 2.4 petro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
hi i`m sure your terrano shares engine parts with quite a few nissan cars so worth looking in scrap yards for engine parts and i may be wrong but i think they share running gear with the mk1 terrano and a pickup? so lift kits should be easily found as i beleve there is a bit following for the early nissan/datsuns.
normaly i would back this post up with some links and a bit more solid info but ive got a 5 month old with teething problems on my knee
I’ve looked into that already but our mk1 Terrano is a pathfinder base totally different the only thing interchangeably is the tow bar. The engine is a KA24E Nissan’s old reliable found in 260z and pick ups but some have different electrical systems
Aussie beach lover is offline   Reply With Quote