Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > I'm new here, please be gentle

I'm new here, please be gentle This is where you can "introduce yourself". A chance for you as a new member to say hello and for you to tell us about yourselves, your truck and your other interests.

Old 27-02-2018, 09:47   #1
Aussie beach lover
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Nissan terrano2 2.4 petro
Default G’day from down under

G’day from Australia. I’m one of the rare Aussies that own and love well up until recently a Nissan terrano2. 1997 with a 2.4lt petrol ka24e motor.

Built in Spain, sold in the uk as a mistral, the terrano2 sold here were lwd 5 door manual petrol only. Prior to these being sold by Nissan Australia we had the imported Terrano diesels based on the d21 pathfinder. These were not supported by Nissan.

Mine is used for runs up the beach and camping. But it’s getting harder and harder to get parts for them as Nissan no longer keep stock.

Steve
Aussie beach lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 10:13   #2
jims-terrano

Welcome aboard
There’s several of those 2.4 petrols on here, I’ve driven one many years ago so can’t compare to the 2.7 or 3.0 but the two diesels are fine engines. The Terrano2 was sold over here too but also as the Ford Maverick as it was a joint venture. Mistys have been imported over here from Japan I believe. We also get the previous Terrano R3m imported too.
I’ve owned Terranos since 2002 and love em to bits. The advice and friendship from this site has saved me stacks over the years. Hope to keep my trucks running for years but sadly ours suffer from the tin worm over here.
jims-terrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 10:35   #3
Aussie beach lover

Jim we get the same here most Aussies live on the coast, salt and sand are big killers.

I know how you feel I love my Terrano after having owner Pajero and patrols. Everyone is pushing me to get rid of it but I’m still hanging in there. It’s been off the road for a few weeks with oil pressure issues that is driving me crazy. Three oil and filter changes, new oil pump, engine cleaner, kero, still can’t fix it
Old 27-02-2018, 10:56   #4
jims-terrano

Oh dear that oil issue doesn’t sound good, I think Solarman will be along in a few hours he may be able to offer you some advice.
Patrols are great, would love one but they’re expensive over here. Several members on here have them and modify them too.
My old Terrano had all the rust sorted out and then some silly young girl came around the corner a year or so ago and ran straight into the truck whilst my wife was driving. Sadly it killed the truck but we had one in reserve, my project truck. I bought it as it had failed it’s yearly MOT test as I wanted the interior for my truck but after getting it home myself and my son both said it’s too good to break lets fix her up which is what we did. Created a great project thread but unfortunately PhotoBucket killed all the photos when they started charging. I intend to find all the photos and put them back up again when I have the time. Last year we bought a 3 litre Terrano to replace the written off truck, had a few teething problems but pretty much sorted now. Spring is around the corner so when the warmer weather comes I will start cleaning them both and sorting out all the little jobs and waxoyling ready for next winter.
My old truck carried alsorts of things in it on it and towed alsorts brilliantly. It was a really good truck and would still have it today.

Hope you get your truck sorted out, fingers crossed for you. Assuming you have tried oil pressure switch haven’t you?
Old 27-02-2018, 11:25   #5
Aussie beach lover

Over here 4x4usually get modified but sadly I can’t do it all to the Terrano. I have installed a bullbar, led light bar, dual battery system with an outlet in the rear to run a fridge freezer. The fridge freezer is an essential item here to keep food and beer cold.

I’d love to put a lift kit under it but they don’t make them for the Terrano.

The one issue I do have is down under we get superheated air inside our cars, temps of 50 to 60 deg C inside is common for about 5 months of the yr.

The one part that is impossible to get is the radio surround panel that includes the air vents and ash tray. They crack severely and are as rare as hens teeth. I’ve had mine plastiwelded butitneedsdoing again.
Old 27-02-2018, 11:38   #6
jims-terrano

Crickey mate, lift kits and suspension lifts are ten a penny over here and plenty members on here have fitted them. Do a google for Milner Offroad, they supply kit over here so may export if you ask them nicely. I’m sure others will be along soon with more suppliers.
Depends which radio surround you need, early ones are easy to get hold of. Later ones have a double din radio so although you can get them they have a huge hole for the radio. On this type the hazard switch is part of the radio on some of them so when people change the radio they have to make a filler panel and fit an extra switch. Nissan in their wisdom fitted a single din in same facia panel with the vents but had a factory fitted filler to make the double din back to a single din, they had a genuine nissan hazard switch fitted. All very complex really. Post a photo of your radio surround, theres a chance someone may have one and happy to seel one and post to you.
It’s ironic really as we have access to modified kit for the Terrano but struggle to get Patrol modification kit which sounds to be the opposite to you guys.

Anyhoo nearly time to get ready for my shift at work. Others will be along soon so keep checking in.
Old 27-02-2018, 13:37   #7
Davey Boy

Vehicle: Patrol ZD30 SVE

Welcome aboard Steve!
Great to have an Aussie to chat to!
Davey Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 13:44   #8
Blocky10

Vehicle: 2004 Terrano 3.0 SVE Auto

Hi and welcome.
Would a roof top vent reduce the temp in the truck when it's parked up?
I have a spinning vent on the roof of my van that allows the heat out

Regarding oil pressure problems the sensors or senders play up.
Blocky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 16:38   #9
solarman216
Off road maniac

Vehicle: Y60 Patrol Me, 3 ltr Mrs

Hi and welcome, so you have changed the oil pump/filter etc, have you changed the oil pressure switch, if you have and the light stays on then there is likely a problem with the big ends and mains, have you tried a gauge as a temporary test, what does the pressure get too when cold? re the console I only Saturday scrapped a petrol with good console and vents, I do still have some 2.4 parts also the timing chain and tensioner give problems on these, anything else you want to know just ask, Rick
3 inch SS straight through exhaust
Manly winch bumper with 13000 lb winch
10 spike ground anchor, with multiple straps and blocks
Super strong body cills capped with scaffold pole
20% stronger springs all round
aggressive off road tyres on wheels so just swap.
Aim to get stuck and be completely self sufficient in extraction, love getting muddy, 2ft deep is good but rare.
solarman216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 18:58   #10
don simon

Vehicle: Terrano ii

¡ǝɯoɔlǝM
don simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 19:44   #11
perelaar

Vehicle: Terrano II 2.7TDi SWB '97

Welcome!
I'm driving a 1997 SWB diesel T2
perelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 19:47   #12
terranosaurusdoug

Vehicle: 2000 Terrano lwb 2.7TDI

Hey man, welcome! There is a guy on youtube, mrbuckaroonie, he used to have a Terry and made some vids on it too. He seems like a proper decent guy and I reckon he'll give you some advice if you ask him! As far as lifting it goes the front is just a case of adjusting the torsion bars, re-index them at the same time. The rear just needs some lift springs which you should be able to find some from another make/model with a bit of reasearch, try isuzu. Standard length shocks will be fine for a 2" lift, I have 2" lift with standard length shocks and articulation is fine I'll try and find a pic.
terranosaurusdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 20:41   #13
terranosaurusdoug

Two inch lift springs in the rear with standard shocks on
20160918_182300.jpg
Old 27-02-2018, 21:49   #14
terranosaurusdoug

There is a better pic here http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/f...&postcount=534
Old 27-02-2018, 22:14   #15
Banshee

Vehicle: 04 2.7 SWB Terrano II Van

Welcome mate!!! How about you sort out the shipping of some LOKKA's over her bypassing the customs duty and we'll get you a lift kit sorted in return

04' Terrano II SE 2.7 TDi SWB Commercial in Silver - Project Thread
Toyo Open Country M/T 33's on 10J Steels, Super Strong Steering Job
Navara D22 Snorkel, Front LOKKA, Maunal Hubs, EGR Blank
TunitII ECU Chip, 3" Body Lift, 2" Suss Lift, Heat Exchanger
Black Interior, 3.0 Borg&Beck Clutch, Eckes Heated Fuel Filter

99' Y61 Patrol GR SE 2.8 TD6 LWB in Blue/Silver - Project Thread
Engine Transplant - In Progress!!!
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote