Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > I'm new here, please be gentle

I'm new here, please be gentle This is where you can "introduce yourself". A chance for you as a new member to say hello and for you to tell us about yourselves, your truck and your other interests.

Old 09-02-2020, 22:46   #1
Catweazle64
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: 2011 Nissan Navara STR
Default Newbie

Hi there, I have had Nissans for many years and currently own a 2011 Navara STR 2.5D. I am wanting to purchase a early model GQ with 2.4 Diesel with or without a turbo. I have found one that has had a lot of work done to it but it is interstate. Can anybody tell me if a 6 inch lift is legal in Queensland.
Catweazle64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 22:49   #2
solarman216
Off road maniac

Vehicle: Y60 Patrol Me, 3 ltr Mrs

Welcome mate, sadly my knowledge of you laws are not my field, but we are a diverse bunch so hopefully someone will be along later with the info you desire, Rick
3 inch SS straight through exhaust
Manly winch bumper with 13000 lb winch
10 spike ground anchor, with multiple straps and blocks
Super strong body cills capped with scaffold pole
20% stronger springs all round
aggressive off road tyres on wheels so just swap.
Aim to get stuck and be completely self sufficient in extraction, love getting muddy, 2ft deep is good but rare.
solarman216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 00:10   #3
Barrbeast

Vehicle: 1990 4.2 SWB Safari

Yeh, most of the members here are UK based dude so probably won't be able to help with Aus laws on mods as I know they're varied and state dependent and some of them at least also include tyre lift in their measurements (ie not just suspension). You'll be better hitting up the Aussie forums like patrol4x4.com and nissanpatrol.au for info on legalities.

I would ask why you think you need 6" though as anything above 2" is going to need extra work beyond just springs and shocks such as extended brake lines, new suspension arms etc. Unless you're doing extreme stuff a big lift is probably not worth the hassle, expense and sacrifice you'll make to ride quality

I've got 2" lift and 33s on my GQ 4.2 shorty and all it has is extended brake lines as it's on long travel shocks - if it had got standard 2" shocks it wouldn't even needed those. I've thought about putting her up another inch or two but I can't see it making a massive difference to her offroad performance, she manages pretty much everything as it is - even gives the offroad only buggies at my 4x4 club a shock sometimes

One thing I do want to fit, and that will make a big difference, is a Lokka in my front axle. I had a Lokka in my previous GU lwb and I know that coupled with the tight LSD in the rear of the shorty a front Lokka will make her nearly unstoppable.
Barrbeast is offline   Reply With Quote