Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > I'm new here, please be gentle

I'm new here, please be gentle This is where you can "introduce yourself". A chance for you as a new member to say hello and for you to tell us about yourselves, your truck and your other interests.

Old 30-08-2017, 17:48   #31
jims-terrano
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

This might be a Solarman with your gears. However, my first thoughts are change the gear oil.

By the way if you hear a horrible grinding clunk when manouvering at low speed it'll be your steering stops that need greasing.

Take a look at the downloads section in quick links as there are plenty how to guides. Nice to see you've turned blue by the way, you'll not regret it.
jims-terrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2017, 18:28   #32
RJL Services

Vehicle: Nissan Terrano 2.7 2003

Could be air in clutch system try pumping the peday a few times when you first get in if it improves then this might be an area to look at
RJL Services is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2017, 18:59   #33
Banshee

Vehicle: 04 2.7 SWB Terrano II Van

I had the difficulty engaging gears when cold and mine improved when warm too. I had 80w-90 in the gearbox and it was awful.

When I did my clutch swap I drained it and refilled with Comma SX75W-90 GL4

That is the crucial part, GL5 will eat the copper components in these gearboxes!!!!

04' Terrano II SE 2.7 TDi SWB Commercial in Silver - Project Thread
Toyo Open Country M/T 33's on 10J Steels, Super Strong Steering Job
Navara D22 Snorkel, Front LOKKA, Maunal Hubs, EGR Blank
TunitII ECU Chip, 3" Body Lift, 2" Suss Lift, Heat Exchanger
Black Interior, 3.0 Borg&Beck Clutch, Eckes Heated Fuel Filter

99' Y61 Patrol GR SE 2.8 TD6 LWB in Blue/Silver - Project Thread
Engine Transplant - In Progress!!!
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2017, 08:42   #34
macabethiel

Vehicle: Freelander & Jeep GC 3.0
Question V5 details not completed properly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlipper View Post
One more strange one... on the log book it just states Nissan for make of vehicle, but the model is blank - also the insurance engines can't find anything when I input the registration (although the DVLA does). Has anyone had this before?
That sounds like an Import as the V5 registration Book is generated by the DVLA is from the Manufacturers V55/1 or 2 form that contains all the vehicle specification including, Manufacturer, Model, Engine & Chassis details, Emissions, Type Approval, etc or in later cases by a similar electronic version during a Dealers Direct Registration to DVLA called AFRL.

Import (V5) log books are generated by filling in a V55/5 manually, quite often these only contain very basic details such as Manufacturer and type as 4x4 as the original registration document will be in the language where the vehicle was first registered. If it Japan of a language with a different alphabet then details will be minimal.

You can tell if it is imported as the front outer page of the V5 document will have an entry in section 3 near the bottom declaring the vehicle has been registered or used overseas plus the year of manufacture. This will be a different date to that on page 2 - this will be the date of first registration in the UK.

In very rare cases some vehicle details can be missing where a duplicate form V55/1 or 2 has been generated by a UK dealer as the original has been lost or spoilt. This is done by filling in a blank V55/1 or 2 but these were a high security document when I was in the trade and I only ever came across one such form.

Hope this helps.
macabethiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 12:33   #35
Phlipper

Vehicle: Terrano II 2.7TDi

Well... she's gone in for her MOT today (the garage is doing the weld patch), but on the way to the garage I noticed the hazard light switch isn't connected to anything. The mechanic said instantly that the button didn't look like the right fit to him, and the harness connectors don't fit on the button that's in place. Any ideas? This button is above the hole for the stereo, but on the images I can find on the net the stereo panel looks far more of an integrated affair - mine is much plainer, just a hole for the stereo and the hazard button above. Can't find anything on eBay to remedy this and the connectors that are hanging suggest to me that the panel should be different because the connector that must run to the hazard switch looks a bit more complicated than needed.
Phlipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 12:48   #36
Phlipper

Please ignore... images won't post
Might have some light on it... found an identical spec for sale, console looks like this:
http://www.kingscarsales.co.uk/used-.../aetv22017605/
Whereas mine looks like this:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=st...FJdLX6psZwjSM:

Last edited by Banshee; 04-09-2017 at 14:27. Reason: images not showing
Old 04-09-2017, 14:28   #37
Banshee

Vehicle: 04 2.7 SWB Terrano II Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlipper View Post
Please ignore... images won't post
Might have some light on it... found an identical spec for sale, console looks like this:
http://www.kingscarsales.co.uk/used-.../aetv22017605/
Whereas mine looks like this:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=st...FJdLX6psZwjSM:
Fixed your links You didn't need the [IMG][/IMG] bits for hyperlinks

04' Terrano II SE 2.7 TDi SWB Commercial in Silver - Project Thread
Toyo Open Country M/T 33's on 10J Steels, Super Strong Steering Job
Navara D22 Snorkel, Front LOKKA, Maunal Hubs, EGR Blank
TunitII ECU Chip, 3" Body Lift, 2" Suss Lift, Heat Exchanger
Black Interior, 3.0 Borg&Beck Clutch, Eckes Heated Fuel Filter

99' Y61 Patrol GR SE 2.8 TD6 LWB in Blue/Silver - Project Thread
Engine Transplant - In Progress!!!
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 18:04   #38
Phlipper

Thanks!
Old 07-09-2017, 14:58   #39
Phlipper

Well... it seems I've been done up like a kipper
My mechanic just phoned me, the car's come from the MOT test with FIVE PAGES of failures
It seems I've paid £695 for a decent looking piece of scrap, I can't find it in myself to try and pass on the bad luck to some other poor soul, leaving me stuck without a car. Mechanic's going to take a good look at it himself on the ramp to see if it just reads worse than it is, but I'm not holding out much hope.
Old 07-09-2017, 21:03   #40
solarman216
Off road maniac

Vehicle: Y60 Patrol Me, 3 ltr Mrs

Oh what shi* but even a private sale has a redress if you were told lies about the condition of the vehicle, lets see what your guy says about the report, Rick
3 inch SS straight through exhaust
Manly winch bumper with 13000 lb winch
10 spike ground anchor, with multiple straps and blocks
Super strong body cills capped with scaffold pole
20% stronger springs all round
aggressive off road tyres on wheels so just swap.
Aim to get stuck and be completely self sufficient in extraction, love getting muddy, 2ft deep is good but rare.
solarman216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 23:07   #41
RJL Services

Vehicle: Nissan Terrano 2.7 2003

i just dont no how people can do this and sleep at i had a female customer come to me when i had my yard with a nissan mistral she had bought of some guy in derby it had 10months mot on it after a couple of weeks with her collecting some parts for it she asked me to change the gearbox oil i put it on the ramp and the hole rear floor under the rear seats was not connected just rotten away the only thing keeping the seats in was it locks and she was carring a six month old in a car seat in the back i advised her to seek legal advice speak to vosa etc but she was to scared to being a single mum i ended up selling her my mistral after putting it on the ramp and showing her the difference between them she gave me her old one to salvage what i could the engine was sold to go into a navara and 4yrs on she is still driving my old mistral
RJL Services is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 11:36   #42
Phlipper

Unfortunately I think he covered himself there, I specifically asked about what it would need for the MOT and he began with the phrase "As far as I know a couple of bushes and a drop link arm". So I'm down to caveat emptor it would seem. This is the first time in years I've bought a car from a trader, and I've travelled all over the country to buy cars off eBay, because I generally find that private sellers are honest, and even the dishonest ones aren't as bad as a rogue dealer.
Still waiting to hear from my mechanic, but I'll let you know the prognosis when it comes in.
Old 08-09-2017, 13:03   #43
rustic

Vehicle: Maverick Mk I 2.7 TD LWB

If you bought from a trader, you must have some redress, one would expect a trader to have a better idea about the condition of a vehicle than most buyers.
Also he has probably driven it, had it on a ramp etc, and knows exactly what's wrong with it.

Zac is the guy to take with you lol, when I turned up at the Rustic Roadshow meet with my Mav, he was under it like a ferret... pics flashes.

To be fair, some things are difficult to find, a few years back I missed a couple of front arb poly bushes, that the garage replaced at the Mot for a modest charge.
Rustic
rustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 13:09   #44
Thomas61

Vehicle: Terrano but now Honda CRV

Sorry to hear of your situation.

If all else fails then you may be able to make back some of your money, the wings if in good condition (no rust) seem to be up for sale on ebay from anything between £60 to £150 each and that radio panel on it's own if it is the one with the single din radio hole and a separate hazard switch hole is £100 new and again on ebay I have seen them for £50 but do not come up that often so can be sort after. If it has a parcel shelf then that could be another £30 plus whatever you get for the rest of the car as scrap.

Hope it does not come to that though.

Good luck and take care.
Thomas61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 13:24   #45
Phlipper

Here's the list of failures - I'd be interested to know what you guys think
Windscreen wiper does not clear the windscreen effectively both (8.2.2)
Offside Stop lamp not working (1.2.1b)
Nearside Front position lamp(s) not working (1.1.A.3b)
Nearside Rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded outer sill (2.4.A.3)
Offside Rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded outer sill (2.4.A.3)
Nearside Rear Suspension spring mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded holed/broken (2.4.A.3)
Nearside Rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded chassi holed (2.4.A.3)
Nearside Rear Anti-roll bar attachment bracket/mounting insecure (2.4.G.1)
Offside Rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded chassi holed (2.4.A.3)
Nearside Rear Anti-roll bar linkage has excessive play in a ball joint (2.4.G.2)
Offside Rear Anti-roll bar linkage has excessive play in a ball joint (2.4.G.2)
Offside Rear Brake pipe excessively corroded (3.6.B.2c)
Emissions not tested centre exhaust holed (7.3.A.1)
Exhaust has a major leak of exhaust gases centre (7.1.2)
Nearside Front wheel bearing has excessive play and o/s/f (2.5.A.3c)
Offside Front constant velocity joint gaiter damaged to the extent that it no longer prevents the ingress of dirt etc (2.5.C.1a)
Front Suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded both front inner arches (2.4.A.3)
Suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded both rear inner arches (2.4.A.3)
Offside Front Lower Suspension arm ball joint dust cover excessively damaged so that it no longer prevents the ingress of dirt (2.4.G.2)
Advisory notice item(s)
Windscreen has damage to an area less than a 40mm circle outside zone 'A' (8.3.1d)
oil leak
Front brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (3.5.1i)
front subframe corroded
fuel lines corroded
front and rear chassi corroded
Nearside Rear Brake pipe slightly corroded (3.6.B.2c)
Front Brake hose has slight corrosion to ferrules both sides (3.6.B.4e)
various areas corroded