Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > I'm new here, please be gentle

I'm new here, please be gentle This is where you can "introduce yourself". A chance for you as a new member to say hello and for you to tell us about yourselves, your truck and your other interests.

Old 16-08-2019, 09:33   #1
Ruman
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Terrano 2 LWB SE 2.7tdi
Talking Hello be gentle

Hello everyone,
I'm new here. Been reading threads for a few days now on this forum , and you all seem like a cool bunch so I decided to join (will pay the registration fee later as I'm at the beach with the dog). I'm from Malta and own a 2002 gold 2.7tdi terrano 2 LWB Manual with 58k on the clock. Have had the truck for about 2 years. Previous owner bought it from new and only used it as a commuter . Don't think it ever seen any off road trails in its lifetime, that all changed when I became the new owner , obviously !

It's pretty much as it came out of the factory. I put a new set of cheap AT on as was badly in need when I got it , new clutch and shocks all round and that's about it.

I'm.lookikng to beef it up a bit in the coming months as would.like to travel around Italy and north of Europe next year camping and what not so.im.going to need some help.in choosing new armour for the beast .

That's pretty much me saying hello and a bit about my beloved truck.
Will upload some pics of I mange to find out how .
Ruman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2019, 09:40   #2
panelbeater

Vehicle: nissan terrano 2 2.7 tdi

hi and welcome,new clotch at 58k?good luck on your mods.
panelbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2019, 10:26   #3
jims-terrano

Hi and welcome aboard and definitely the right place for Terrano advice. Although mine are relatively standard trucks I have put ATs on the trucks.
Yeah I can imagine clutch was needed at that age obviously depending on its previous use especially if it was stop start traffic. Sometimes clutch plates would break apart, I had two do that on my old truck.
Lots of people modded their trucks on here so I’m pretty sure you will get a lot of advice regarding those. It’s peak holiday season over here at the moment so things are a little slow but everyone will be back home and back to the grindstone soon.
jims-terrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2019, 10:57   #4
Ruman

I live on a pretty small island so theres a lot of clutch action start and stop like Jim's said . Yes hopefully I can pick some brains on some new toys to put on
Old 16-08-2019, 11:14   #5
jims-terrano

People have created project threads about there mods so they might be worth looking for.
jims-terrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2019, 11:26   #6
macabethiel

Vehicle: Freelander & Jeep GC 3.0
Thumbs up I love Malta !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruman View Post
I live on a pretty small island so theres a lot of clutch action start and stop like Jim's said . Yes hopefully I can pick some brains on some new toys to put on
I have only visited Malta once it was just as you joined the EU but were not yet in the Euro Currency - It was Maltese Pounds still!

My wife met a lovely Malteses Lady named Lillian when she was on a Times PA Business Course in London in 1979/80. They kept in touch as pen friends, in 2004 she came to the UK for my wife's 50th Birthday Party.

We visited Malta a couple of years later 2005/6, Lillian showed us all round the Island, she lived just outside Valletta. At that time the roads were pretty bad - not smooth Tarmac -more repairs & potholes everywhere! Boy did we visit a lot of Churches! The weather was great and the locals were very welcoming.

We are thinking of going next year for a holiday but at the moment I am not fit to fly so not sure if we can do the flight. Lillian has told us the roads are much better since EU membership.

Welcome to our Forum.
macabethiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2019, 14:12   #7
Banshee

Vehicle: 04 2.7 SWB Terrano II Van

Welcome sir!!!!

If you like mods, then have a look through my project thread

04' Terrano II SE 2.7 TDi SWB Commercial in Silver - Project Thread
Toyo Open Country M/T 33's on 10J Steels, Super Strong Steering Job
Navara D22 Snorkel, Front LOKKA, Maunal Hubs, EGR Blank
TunitII ECU Chip, 3" Body Lift, 2" Suss Lift, Heat Exchanger
Black Interior, 3.0 Borg&Beck Clutch, Eckes Heated Fuel Filter

99' Y61 Patrol GR SE 2.8 TD6 LWB in Blue/Silver - Project Thread
Engine Transplant - In Progress!!!
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2019, 19:52   #8
Ruman

Quote:
Originally Posted by macabethiel View Post
I have only visited Malta once it was just as you joined the EU but were not yet in the Euro Currency - It was Maltese Pounds still!

My wife met a lovely Malteses Lady named Lillian when she was on a Times PA Business Course in London in 1979/80. They kept in touch as pen friends, in 2004 she came to the UK for my wife's 50th Birthday Party.

We visited Malta a couple of years later 2005/6, Lillian showed us all round the Island, she lived just outside Valletta. At that time the roads were pretty bad - not smooth Tarmac -more repairs & potholes everywhere! Boy did we visit a lot of Churches! The weather was great and the locals were very welcoming.

We are thinking of going next year for a holiday but at the moment I am not fit to fly so not sure if we can do the flight. Lillian has told us the roads are much better since EU membership.

Welcome to our Forum.

Haha yeah roads are much better now. It was quite dreadful in some areas . Roadworks are everywhere you look now with the increase of cars on the roads so a lot of infrastructure going on .

Lovely place for a relaxed holiday. Don't come July August though, the heat is something else!! Hopelfully you will get to visit soon and thanks for the info
Old 16-08-2019, 23:54   #9
solarman216
Off road maniac

Vehicle: Y60 Patrol Me, 3 ltr Mrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruman View Post
Even so that is a ridiculous short mileage for a clutch on a T2, but warm welcome, Rick
3 inch SS straight through exhaust
Manly winch bumper with 13000 lb winch
10 spike ground anchor, with multiple straps and blocks
Super strong body cills capped with scaffold pole
20% stronger springs all round
aggressive off road tyres on wheels so just swap.
Aim to get stuck and be completely self sufficient in extraction, love getting muddy, 2ft deep is good but rare.
solarman216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 17:53   #10
Monaro Pete

Vehicle: 03 Terrano 2.7 TDi

Hello.
Welcome along
Monaro Pete is offline   Reply With Quote