Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

Old 31-08-2019, 20:21   #1
macabethiel
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Freelander & Jeep GC 3.0
Thumbs up Just found a new fishing Lake near me !!

After a conversation with my Brother-in-Law about a 4 ft Pike caught over 40 years that was then stuffed by his mate who was an amateur Taxidermist I tried to find the place where it was allegedly caught. I had a description of the venue location but could not find it as the A50 had cut through the area some 28-30 years ago - so the damned section of the stream has long gone the stream now a trickle remains.

I went onto Google Maps then changed to satellite view, I found a different spot near the A50, it was a Lake with a road right round it. I drove onto the nearby road that is about 6 miles away from where we live. I climbed a locked gate and found this Oasis! A notice board gave me a phone number of the Treasurer of the Club that has the fishing rights.

I have just joined the Fishing Club that owns the water that is not on the internet and seems to be a well kept secret. I fished it for the first time on Thursday for 3 hours. I only caught two fish. The first was a Skimmer (small Bream) my second was what I thought was a decent sized Carp. It was in fact a Common Bream the largest I have caught weighing in at around 4 lbs - not a record breaker but still a good fish.

I had two other decent bites but both were lost as I have not fished with Boilies for about 4 years, my gear was far from correct plus I was out of practice. I plan to try again next week now that I have sorted the right tackle & some Boilies that are not 4 years old.lol.
macabethiel is offline   Reply With Quote