Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

Old 22-01-2011, 20:09   #1
(RIP) PLANK
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: T2 2004 TDI SE LWB
Default Racism in Britain today.

Debate: so who thnks this is a good thing, for the sailor or for the lads whose lives have been ruined by the legal action that followed?

Case Study: Indian sailor died after attack by gang of 20 youths

Gregory Fernandes, a 32-year-old sailor from Goa in India, was walking back to the cargo ship he worked on in Fawley, Hampshire when he and a friend were set upon by a 20-strong gang of youths. It was October 2007. Mr Fernandes was his family's breadwinner. A passerby broke up the fight and drove Mr Fernandes to his cargo ship, but he dropped dead from a heart attack.

Police concluded that the attack, which took place in a normally quiet backwater of Hampshire, had clear racist overtones. The gang had been shouting "Paki" during the assault. In January 2008, the Fernandes family expressed concern at the police investigation and the failure to charge anyone in connection with his death. Three young boys were later charged with his murder. At their trial in February 2009, the three admitted lesser charges of manslaughter. In March 2009, Stephen Pritchard, 18, Daniel Rogers, 18, and Chay Fields, 16, were sentenced to six-and-a-half years. A 15-year-old boy admitted GBH on Mr Fernandes' friend and was given a 12-month detention and training order. Another 15-year-old who admitted assault was given an 18-month supervision order.

source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...y-2010997.html
(RIP) PLANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2011, 20:21   #2
larson

i dont think its a good thing but i do belive it will become more common.. its been known for pakis around here to drag people in to cars off the side of the street and beat them for no other reason than there skins a different colour..

can see this topic running a few pages

i forgot to add.. it cant be good for the sailor as hes dead nor is it good for anybody to be in jail but hey they deserve all the jail time they get..
violence breeds violence
larson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2011, 20:28   #3
(RIP) PLANK

Quote:
Originally Posted by larson View Post
i dont think its a good thing but i do belive it will become more common.. its been known for pakis around here to drag people in to cars off the side of the street and beat them for no other reason than there skins a different colour..

can see this topic running a few pages

i forgot to add.. it cant be good for the sailor as hes dead nor is it good for anybody to be in jail but hey they deserve all the jail time they get..
violence breeds violence

But he wasn't violent, and he wasn't from Pakistan
Old 22-01-2011, 20:52   #4
Peasgood

Vehicle: Terrano

Racism shows an extreme and unpleasant lack of intelligence IMO.
There are plenty of things to judge a person on, colour of skin is not one of them.
Peasgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2011, 21:08   #5
jace

but what about the other side coin asian gangs kidnap rape vunreble teenage girls gangs pakistani suicide bombers my mrs cousin set upon in own flat by gang asians who called him white trash etc etc i for one would pull our troops outve forein lands let em kill each other use them to protect our borders keep undesirables out and in eg football hooligans etc
Old 22-01-2011, 21:14   #6
larson

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLANK View Post
But he wasn't violent, and he wasn't from Pakistan
most cant tell the diferance from a paki/indian of srilanken sorry but it seems to be black or white..

he wasnt violent but nor are the lads what have been draged in to cars around here... were back to black and white again im afraid..
Old 22-01-2011, 21:22   #7
tezzer

Vehicle: transit camper van 1987

Quote:
Debate: so who thnks this is a good thing, for the sailor or for the lads whose lives have been ruined by the legal action that followed?

Case Study: Indian sailor died after attack by gang of 20 youths

Gregory Fernandes, a 32-year-old sailor from Goa in India, was walking back to the cargo ship he worked on in Fawley, Hampshire when he and a friend were set upon by a 20-strong gang of youths. It was October 2007. Mr Fernandes was his family's breadwinner. A passerby broke up the fight and drove Mr Fernandes to his cargo ship, but he dropped dead from a heart attack.

Police concluded that the attack, which took place in a normally quiet backwater of Hampshire, had clear racist overtones. The gang had been shouting "Paki" during the assault. In January 2008, the Fernandes family expressed concern at the police investigation and the failure to charge anyone in connection with his death. Three young boys were later charged with his murder. At their trial in February 2009, the three admitted lesser charges of manslaughter. In March 2009, Stephen Pritchard, 18, Daniel Rogers, 18, and Chay Fields, 16, were sentenced to six-and-a-half years. A 15-year-old boy admitted GBH on Mr Fernandes' friend and was given a 12-month detention and training order. Another 15-year-old who admitted assault was given an 18-month supervision order.

source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...y-2010997.html

plank. for someone who wanted to change the topic in our other thread, it seems a bit strange that YOU should start this thread, are you an activist?? because it seems as if you want to stir trouble, if you are against racism why start this thread, all you will do is upset the racist, like me, and then i will let you know the truths of while im a racist,. ok rant over i wont bite on this topic.
tezzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2011, 21:59   #8
jace

if immagrants came here with a spesific skill needed by this country no one would realy care but when they bypass other countrys to get onto our easy going system and then crow about how hard done by they are and need sharia law p*ss off back to whence you came.
i have never voted as dont see a difference in the lying bstds who i have the choice from but if bnp fielded a candidate i and 99% people i know who never vote would vote due to this one isue.
Old 22-01-2011, 23:41   #9
(RIP) PLANK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peasgood View Post
Racism shows an extreme and unpleasant lack of intelligence IMO.
There are plenty of things to judge a person on, colour of skin is not one of them.
good point, very good point
Old 22-01-2011, 23:44   #10
jace

racisym just a form of free speech dont see it any different as being called fatty,baldy or ginga etc sticks and stones!
Old 22-01-2011, 23:46   #11
(RIP) PLANK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jace View Post
racisym just a form of free speech dont see it any different as being called fatty,baldy or ginga etc sticks and stones!
a major difference of course being the law
Old 22-01-2011, 23:52   #12
jace

maybe we should campaign to get law changed so that calling somebody fat,bald or ginger is illegal all are able to cause pain and anguish so i dont see how they are not illegal,just shows how stoopid the law is!
Old 22-01-2011, 23:53   #13
(RIP) PLANK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jace View Post
maybe we should campaign to get law changed so that calling somebody fat,bald or ginger is illegal all are able to cause pain and anguish so i dont see how they are not illegal,just shows how stoopid the law is!
well maybe that will comfort the family of the man in the story i posted, they can stand and cheer while a gang beats a fat ginger bloke to death
Old 23-01-2011, 00:03   #14
jace

i would not differentiate,if you were a fat bald ginger chap and were harrased constantly would you not feel the same hurt as a coloured chap called a paki or nigger or something simlair of course you would but it does not atract the same atention my case in point is poor woman who felt it nescery to set fire to her car with her and her disabled daughter inside it after recieving no help from police ,im betting if shed been anything other than a white english women police wouldve been queing up to help.
Old 23-01-2011, 13:26   #15
larson

Quote:
a major difference of course being the law
the laws the law but it cant change the way we think.. i dont chose to dislike paki's and hate gays but i will always be thinking like that.. you just started this thred to cause trouble.. ya tit