Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > Caravan or Towing

Caravan or Towing In this forum you can post anything with regards to caravaning or towing.

Old 21-04-2011, 19:59   #16
solarman216
Off road maniac
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Y60 Patrol Me, 3 ltr Mrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by daved View Post
So you have flawed design on the trailer, not fit for purpose. Modify the damned thing. Theres always a way.

Youre telling me you dont have either a bank acount, deeds to land, credit card, savings/investments or pay council tax. I find it hard to believe you have none. Any one of which will suffice with an explanation.
yes have a bank account, tried a statement once, folded it neatly so only name address details shown etc, handed it over then the guy went to his office to photo copy it, will not do that again, you do not get deeds any more all electronic at Land Registry, do not have a credit card, and have not paid council tax for 8 years, and in any case my vehicles are not registered at my home address, they are registered at my daughters, the reason is we used to travel for months at a time and if we inadvertently got nicked by a camera etc then the notification would have gone to a live person not a dead post box, so we could be informed of said notification, I am not trying to run illegally nor ever will knowingly, but just cannot stand needless red tape, Rick
solarman216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2011, 20:15   #17
Deleted account DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarman216 View Post
yes have a bank account, tried a statement once, folded it neatly so only name address details shown etc, handed it over then the guy went to his office to photo copy it, will not do that again, you do not get deeds any more all electronic at Land Registry, do not have a credit card, and have not paid council tax for 8 years, and in any case my vehicles are not registered at my home address, they are registered at my daughters, the reason is we used to travel for months at a time and if we inadvertently got nicked by a camera etc then the notification would have gone to a live person not a dead post box, so we could be informed of said notification, I am not trying to run illegally nor ever will knowingly, but just cannot stand needless red tape, Rick
we've got the deeds for both our houses as the vehicle is registered at your daughters addr you can do it from there in any case.

If you havent paid council tax for 8 years Im afraid my sympathy for any difficulties you have experienced have just evaporated . council tax doesnt just pay for the immediate and obvious services such as emptying bins. If you use the local auth maintained roads AT ALL to pick on one example you should contribute.

Nor are the number plate regs uneccesary red tape.
Deleted account DD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2011, 21:21   #18
solarman216
Off road maniac

LR do not have anything to do with paper deeds now, it is all electronic unless a property has not changed hands for the last 8 years or so, and then they are returning the deeds to owners and telling them they are no longer needed, re rates, it is not that we are trying to avoid them, but they will not issue a rate demand cos if they do they have to accept were we live and they are not going to do that, the rest is too complicated, you do tend to make things a little too black and white but there are many shades in between, Rick
Old 21-04-2011, 21:50   #19
makeitfit

Vehicle: Maverick TDi BLACK mmm

3 or 4 years ago when we remortgaged the house, we too didn't have the required proof of who we were?
No credit cards, no utility bills that were acceptible, we use oil and have mobile phones. The landline we have is contracted under my business as it's much cheaper than bt. Even though we'd lived in the same place for 12 years plus , it didn't help at all
As regards number plates the last lot I had off ebay have the BS no. on them but no makers name. Does that mean they're black rat fodder?
makeitfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2011, 22:16   #20
ssteve

Wink

[QUOTE=solarman216; but they will not issue a rate demand cos if they do they have to accept were we live and they are not going to do that, Rick[/QUOTE]

land grabber or squatter ?????

ssteve
ssteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2011, 22:52   #21
solarman216
Off road maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssteve View Post
land grabber or squatter ?????

ssteve
neither, conversion of an existing farm building, on land we own, Rick
Old 22-04-2011, 09:55   #22
ssteve

Smile

planning, ha ha ha
good luck!!!!
ssteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2011, 10:18   #23
lacroupade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssteve View Post
planning, ha ha ha
good luck!!!!
Steve I'm going to complain, your posts are always waaaaay too long mate.

@ Makeitfit...As regards number plates the last lot I had off ebay have the BS no. on them but no makers name. Does that mean they're black rat fodder?

Since you can only buy plates now via the legal system of presenting yourself at the plate producer with relevant documents, you can't buy any legal plates on line anywhere AFAIK. And yes, I think you'll find the platemakers name is more important than the BS mark.

But quite frankly, who gives a flying f*ck! Not me thats for sure!
lacroupade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2011, 17:26   #24
Deleted account DD

Quote:
LR do not have anything to do with paper deeds now, it is all electronic unless a property has not changed hands for the last 8 years or so, and then they are returning the deeds to owners and telling them they are no longer needed, re rates, it is not that we are trying to avoid them, but they will not issue a rate demand cos if they do they have to accept were we live and they are not going to do that, the rest is too complicated, you do tend to make things a little too black and white but there are many shades in between, Rick
I see all shades of the spectrum dont you worry about that.

You are entirely wrong about availability of paper deeds. We have just changed the details of one property and until wednesday tea time I had the paper documents in front of me for it

Dont forget planning regs are there to ensure unsuitable development and shanty towns dont spring up. Your recent shindig indicated a victory in residency so why havent you started paying? if you are in unlawful occupancy , good luck to the council.

Dont forget every penny you force them to spend in administrating your private war detracts resources from other activities. Particularly pertinant when you arent contributing. Thats not black and white its pure sense.

We live in a society where we should pay our way and live by the general concensus and rule of law. Thats why Manchester is generally a better place than Mogadishu to be.
Old 22-04-2011, 17:30   #25
Deleted account DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacroupade View Post

@ Makeitfit...As regards number plates the last lot I had off ebay have the BS no. on them but no makers name. Does that mean they're black rat fodder?
without a doubt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacroupade View Post

But quite frankly, who gives a flying f*ck! Not me thats for sure!
Me neither. I had ebay "show plates" on my T2 and was about to remove them due to a certain memo that was circulated at work mentioning some of our private and show plates in the context of proffesional standards

I also always used to swap number plates onto the back of the caravan from the car never had a problem until the ones on the jeep were stuck on with double sided tape
Old 22-04-2011, 22:10   #26
solarman216
Off road maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by daved View Post
I see all shades of the spectrum dont you worry about that.

You are entirely wrong about availability of paper deeds. We have just changed the details of one property and until wednesday tea time I had the paper documents in front of me for it

Dont forget planning regs are there to ensure unsuitable development and shanty towns dont spring up. Your recent shindig indicated a victory in residency so why havent you started paying? if you are in unlawful occupancy , good luck to the council.

Dont forget every penny you force them to spend in administrating your private war detracts resources from other activities. Particularly pertinant when you arent contributing. Thats not black and white its pure sense.

We live in a society where we should pay our way and live by the general concensus and rule of law. Thats why Manchester is generally a better place than Mogadishu to be.
Land Registry do not keep paper deeds full stop, and as for council tax and cost to society, I well remember the downfall of BCCI, and the disclosure that Rother DC had invested very large sums in said bank at a rate of 15% but in the accounts rates of only 7% were ever disclosed, where did the rest go,well it was well covered up once they discovered they had lost millions of our money, yes I was paying rates then, so please do not preach to me about being honest and paying my way, I am not interested, and yes I have won re the 4 year rule the council guys have visited and were very upset that I had beaten them, but conceded to the loss and even gave advice on how to proceed, as yet the rates people have not rated us, so pray tell me how I can pay rates, Rick
Old 22-04-2011, 22:28   #27
makeitfit

Vehicle: Maverick TDi BLACK mmm

Good man Rick
Our council "invested" millions in Iceland (banks not freezer shops)and guess what , they fooked up big time
So we get shafted again and so do the kids in school etc.
Poxy council will spend tens of thousands of pounds doing bloody road sweeping on our lanes What the hell for? Damn lorry bungs up the road worse than a tin tent and is even less efficient at cleaning the road ffs.
Complete waste of money
Council tax my arse
makeitfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2011, 23:08   #28
Deleted account DD

Quote:
Land Registry do not keep paper deeds full stop
Whoever said they KEEP them they certainly havent got ours, they came from the land registry to the solicitors last week, we had until they went to the bank this week . I can assure you I was sober and they were real.

Funnily enough the courier also accepted the principle that the paper items in his hand were deeds just as they said on them, he signed to that effect and took em away.

Simples just admit it. Youre wrong

I arent remotely interested interested in ramblings about council investments. Like a lot of organisations, many of them have screwed up and lost money. Twats and pratts.

I agree with pete about misdirected council activities but then they also do an awful lot of good stuff.

As you will be actively pursuing them to take payment of your council tax from now on and for the period you actually have been in residence in that area your conscience will be clear because you will be making relevant contributions and in addition to accepting their capitulation showing the same decent contrition so no problem

I find it quite amusing when people vaunt a one way victory against the system on a technicality ith no consideration whatsoever for others or the bigger picture then actually complain (id for number plates) .

Just to put this in context for anyone whos thinking "is he having a go here" how about you think about an acre being bought up next to you. I want to buld a shanty town, have friday 7pm to monday 8am public parties and open a camp site to boot. The locals don want it but I try to press ahead and flaunt the rules because i dont give a shit.................................

Would you be impressed? Id guess police and council would be hearing from you to start with.

Thats why why most people most of the time rely on conventional society and its rules despite any superficial rebellious good life tendancies.
Old 22-04-2011, 23:25   #29
solarman216
Off road maniac

Daved you have missed the point, what I am saying and stand by, is that your paper deeds have no legal status, that is why they invite you to throw them in the bin, if your property is registered with Land Registry then what they hold is all that matters legally, Rick
Old 22-04-2011, 23:30   #30
Deleted account DD

Quote:
Daved you have missed the point, what I am saying and stand by, is that your paper deeds have no legal status, that is why they invite you to throw them in the bin, if your property is registered with Land Registry then what they hold is all that matters legally, Rick

I fully understand the electronic registration but they still do paper and they are doing the rounds so youd be able to get a number plate.

You clearly know better than:
  1. our solicitors
  2. our financial advisor
  3. lloyds
  4. nat west
Ill invite them to consult you but as we have rather a lot of stuff with them and Id rather not upset them I'll go with their advice