Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > I'm new here, please be gentle

I'm new here, please be gentle This is where you can "introduce yourself". A chance for you as a new member to say hello and for you to tell us about yourselves, your truck and your other interests.

Old 20-11-2010, 16:45   #16
KielandFaye
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Terrano 2.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbekl View Post
pritty sur their is one solenoid per window

MAF Mass Air Flow meter is normally attached to the airbox

what year is the car ? is the central locking a factory fit ??

yes you need to replace the flasher unit under the dash or just splice into the rear light conectors or buy the plug in unit for it
It's a 2000. Yes, central locking is factory fit.

I got the adapter with the towbar to plug straight in. I just need to find the flasher unit then find some way to route the cables to rear.
KielandFaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2010, 16:48   #17
KielandFaye

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncfabs View Post
window solenoid is behind drivers door card.The maf is in the side of the throttle body held on with couple of screws.relay is on bottom of a pillar passengers side.never seen towbar wired like that and have seen a few
So there is just one solenoid? Of the 4 windows, one works. If it was the driver side one working that'd make more sense, but it's the passenger front one that's ok.

I think now we're talking throttle bodies etc it's time to get the car into the garage! Just debating if it's worth the cost to get everything fixed.
Old 20-11-2010, 16:51   #18
cncfabs

Vehicle: terrano

Quote:
Originally Posted by KielandFaye View Post
So there is just one solenoid? Of the 4 windows, one works. If it was the driver side one working that'd make more sense, but it's the passenger front one that's ok.

I think now we're talking throttle bodies etc it's time to get the car into the garage! Just debating if it's worth the cost to get everything fixed.
The maf is very easy to clean 5 minutes max no need for garage just need philips screwdriver.If you decide not to fix i would be interested in buying it.
cncfabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2010, 16:52   #19
kbekl

Vehicle: Ford Maverick 2.7 LWB GLX

Quote:
It's a 2000. Yes, central locking is factory fit.

I got the adapter with the towbar to plug straight in. I just need to find the flasher unit then find some way to route the cables to rear.
not sure if you will be able to see it

http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/d...kshop/wk22.pdf

if not according to the link relay not required
kbekl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2010, 17:00   #20
kbekl

Vehicle: Ford Maverick 2.7 LWB GLX

Quote:

the lock sounds like its jammed so should be an easy fix

the windows easiest way woudl be to supply the motor with 12v and see if that operates the window

or swap the passenger side switch with the others as it could just be the switches

did you buy this recently or has all this just come about ?

maf just need some electrical contact cleaner and a screw driver but be careful as the element is very easy to damage

easiest test unplug the maf and see how if any thing changes

when was the last service ?
kbekl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2010, 18:43   #21
KielandFaye

Quote:
not sure if you will be able to see it

http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/d...kshop/wk22.pdf

if not according to the link relay not required
That's interesting - that link is for a document provided by Towequip, who are the people I bought the towbar from (and I;ve never seen that document, it would be helpful if they sent it out!!)

They are also the ones who sold me the relay and wiring kit specifically for that car!
Old 20-11-2010, 18:45   #22
KielandFaye

Quote:
the lock sounds like its jammed so should be an easy fix

the windows easiest way woudl be to supply the motor with 12v and see if that operates the window

or swap the passenger side switch with the others as it could just be the switches

did you buy this recently or has all this just come about ?

maf just need some electrical contact cleaner and a screw driver but be careful as the element is very easy to damage

easiest test unplug the maf and see how if any thing changes

when was the last service ?
I couldnt see anything jamming the lock when I removed the door cover, but then again I couldnt see much!

I'll try to apply 12v to the motors tomorrow, if I can find them.

We bought the car about 5 weeks ago, and all this (except the locks) was already happening (although we didnt realise some of it until we got it home). The locks happened when my wife was at work. She tried the fob and it didnt work, so locked it with the key. An hour later she tried to unlock it and couldnt, so we had to call out the AA. Havent locked it since!
Old 20-11-2010, 18:47   #23
KielandFaye

Quote:
The maf is very easy to clean 5 minutes max no need for garage just need philips screwdriver.If you decide not to fix i would be interested in buying it.
I'll take a look tomorrow, although as I say, I'm not very mechanically minded (I work in air traffic, we have people to fix our kit for us!).

I will bear your offer in mind - although we do need a 4x4 and I think most of the problems are fixable.
Old 20-11-2010, 18:50   #24
rustic

Vehicle: Maverick Mk I 2.7 TD LWB

Hi, re relay for flashers.
I didn't fit one to my Mav, 2.7TD and they work fine, with a buzzer etc, no need to run cables, just splice into the rear loom.
Timing doesn't change under the extra load.
Regards, Rustic
rustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2010, 18:56   #25
KielandFaye

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustic View Post
Hi, re relay for flashers.
I didn't fit one to my Mav, 2.7TD and they work fine, with a buzzer etc, no need to run cables, just splice into the rear loom.
Timing doesn't change under the extra load.
Regards, Rustic
Thanks for that. I will send the vehicle specific kit back then!
Old 20-11-2010, 19:06   #26
cncfabs

Vehicle: terrano

Quote:
I'll take a look tomorrow, although as I say, I'm not very mechanically minded (I work in air traffic, we have people to fix our kit for us!).

I will bear your offer in mind - although we do need a 4x4 and I think most of the problems are fixable.
Also check that the exhaust isnt leaking that can cause problems they do suffer from cracked exhaust manifolds you should be able to hear it blowing.
cncfabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2010, 19:44   #27
zippy656

Vehicle: Nissan Note Ntec 1.5

welcome...

where in wiltshire are you.. cant say i KNOW every thing but might be able to help a little....
zippy656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2010, 20:30   #28
KielandFaye

Quote:
Also check that the exhaust isnt leaking that can cause problems they do suffer from cracked exhaust manifolds you should be able to hear it blowing.
Would it pass an mot with this? It was MOT'd the day before we collected it, and passed with no trouble.

It does sound to me like it is blowing, I asked the guy at the garage, he said it's fine.
Old 20-11-2010, 20:30   #29
KielandFaye

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy656 View Post
welcome...

where in wiltshire are you.. cant say i KNOW every thing but might be able to help a little....
Thanks - we're in Wilton, nr Salisbury
Old 20-11-2010, 20:31   #30
Deleted account DD

Quote:

2) The doors refuse to lock using the fob, or key. We got them locked once with the key, but had to call out the AA to help us break back in, as we couldnt get it unlocked! You can lock the whole car by sitting in it and using the interior passenger side lock, but the driver side one is resisting movement. I've had the door panel off, but couldnt see much.

3) I have just fit a towbar and have a wiring loom to route to the flasher unit which my searches online say is just behind the glovebox. I cant see it!

4) Related to 3, where the heck am I supposed to route the cables from the front of the car to the back for the towbar wiring?

5) Speedo is intermittent. It never shows the right speed, merely shoots up to whatever it fancies at the time, and often stays there until you remove the key. Starting the engine again sees it return to wherever it wants.

Hi, classic t2questions , dont know about them all but the ones where I have a clue

2/ the key fobs a "luxury" if the key doesnt unlock at least the drivers door do something now! if the keys ok (try the spare see if that works) change the lock barrel. Not just on T2s lock barrels conk out. you may be able to get one to set up to your exisiting key. Replaced several on older vauxhalls over the years all you had to do was push the key into the unconfigured barrel then pull out the "safety strip".

3&4/ no need. Relay is fine and no need to run any wires front to rear.

5/ check all connections and plugs to the speedo head. If theyre all ok and its a magnetti marreli ( or some name like that ) it sounds like its knackered. Random readings are symptoms of them screwing up. Mine did the same.

hope that helps
Deleted account DD is offline   Reply With Quote