Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > I'm new here, please be gentle

I'm new here, please be gentle This is where you can "introduce yourself". A chance for you as a new member to say hello and for you to tell us about yourselves, your truck and your other interests.

Old 20-11-2010, 20:56   #31
geoffdown
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: terrano 2.7tdi SE+ (X)reg

[QUOTE=
5/ check all connections and plugs to the speedo head. If theyre all ok and its a magnetti marreli ( or some name like that ) it sounds like its knackered. Random readings are symptoms of them screwing up. Mine did the same.

hope that helps [/QUOTE]
how did you sort the speedo out as mine plays up abit did u send it off anywhere as mine reads speed some times right but some times 10mph fast and when you slow down slowly will not drop in speed till bout 20mph then it drops off sorry to hi jack the thread
geoffdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2010, 21:07   #32
cncfabs

Vehicle: terrano

Quote:
Originally Posted by KielandFaye View Post
Would it pass an mot with this? It was MOT'd the day before we collected it, and passed with no trouble.

It does sound to me like it is blowing, I asked the guy at the garage, he said it's fine.
Exhaust blowing is a faliure they shouldnt even attemp to check the emmisions with blowing exhaust would get that checked out first and if its found to be blowing take it back to the mot station
cncfabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2010, 21:11   #33
Deleted account DD

Geoff, I lived with it fortunately the speedo was sound. My problems were with the rev counter and the milometer.

When it was having a bad day the milometer showed random numbers so my mileage ranged from less than average up to space ship

The rev counter lost its marbles now and then , to fix that I restarted everything , took the revs up to just beyond the point the needle was showing and that "reset it"

I seem to recall seeing somewhere that could fix them and it was about the same as one from a scrapper, just over £100. Having said all of that I understand theres several types and mine was from the crap crowd and on a 2002 T2 2.7 tdi
Deleted account DD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2010, 21:13   #34
geoffdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncfabs View Post
Exhaust blowing is a faliure they shouldnt even attemp to check the emmisions with blowing exhaust would get that checked out first and if its found to be blowing take it back to the mot station
problem is once it left the test station with mot they cant say its 100% road worthy as they will say it could of cracked a couple of hrs after the mot not on there side but you can see where they r coming from
Old 20-11-2010, 21:20   #35
geoffdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by daved View Post
Geoff, I lived with it fortunately the speedo was sound. My problems were with the rev counter and the milometer.

When it was having a bad day the milometer showed random numbers so my mileage ranged from less than average up to space ship

The rev counter lost its marbles now and then , to fix that I restarted everything , took the revs up to just beyond the point the needle was showing and that "reset it"

I seem to recall seeing somewhere that could fix them and it was about the same as one from a scrapper, just over £100. Having said all of that I understand theres several types and mine was from the crap crowd and on a 2002 T2 2.7 tdi
ah i c mine is a year 2000 with the digital dash think it looks diff to the 2002 everything works fine apart from the speedo i am using tomtom at the mo to get the right speed but want to try and fix it if i can myself 1st but if not then i will have to pay for it
Old 20-11-2010, 21:25   #36
Deleted account DD

just beware of using tomtom for speed. It is accurate but not instantaneous like the speedo

laser guns are instantaneous if you know what I mean and if you do get stopped do not give the defence of "my speedos knackered" (unless youve got a tacho) , that would send the points and fine spinning like a fruit machine
Old 20-11-2010, 21:33   #37
11redrex

Vehicle: 1997 LWB Maverick 2.7TDi

Have you changed the battery in the remote for the doors ?
11redrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2010, 21:44   #38
elty001

Vehicle: 2000se+ 2.7tdi terrano II

could be the battery in the keyfob or it needs coding to the car as per this download
http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/d...kshop/wk14.pdf
i need a new lock barrel as its never realy been used and has seized up.
took it off and soaked it in oil but still no joy.

i had a cracked manifold on my petrol and i had it welded up and was o.k eversince.
elty001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2010, 21:59   #39
zippy656

Vehicle: Nissan Note Ntec 1.5

Quote:
Thanks - we're in Wilton, nr Salisbury

I passed there today...

small world.

Im up the road in Devizes
zippy656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2010, 22:04   #40
lacroupade

Where did you buy this truck? privaterly or from a dealer/trader, cos if its the latter, regardless of what they say, the law effectively makes them provide six months warranty. Not a matter for discussion, just hoik it back.....
lacroupade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2010, 23:13   #41
KielandFaye

Vehicle: Terrano 2.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by daved View Post
2/ the key fobs a "luxury" if the key doesnt unlock at least the drivers door do something now! if the keys ok (try the spare see if that works) change the lock barrel. Not just on T2s lock barrels conk out. you may be able to get one to set up to your exisiting key. Replaced several on older vauxhalls over the years all you had to do was push the key into the unconfigured barrel then pull out the "safety strip".
The key doesnt do anything in the driver side lock. We have only one key and it is very worn. I dont think the key is the problem though - we cant lock the doors using the inside catch of the driver side door, it feels as though it is stuck on something.
KielandFaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2010, 23:16   #42
KielandFaye

Quote:
Originally Posted by elty001 View Post
could be the battery in the keyfob or it needs coding to the car as per this download
http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/d...kshop/wk14.pdf
i need a new lock barrel as its never realy been used and has seized up.
took it off and soaked it in oil but still no joy.

i had a cracked manifold on my petrol and i had it welded up and was o.k eversince.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11redrex View Post
Have you changed the battery in the remote for the doors ?
We have had the key changed, but it's a mechanical fault as far as I can tell - the locks physically wont move. It cant need recoding, it was fine when we first got it.
Old 20-11-2010, 23:17   #43
KielandFaye

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacroupade View Post
Where did you buy this truck? privaterly or from a dealer/trader, cos if its the latter, regardless of what they say, the law effectively makes them provide six months warranty. Not a matter for discussion, just hoik it back.....
It was from a dealer, "sold as seen". Not sure we have any grounds to take it back?
Old 20-11-2010, 23:53   #44
Deleted account DD

Quote:
The key doesnt do anything in the driver side lock. We have only one key and it is very worn. I dont think the key is the problem though - we cant lock the doors using the inside catch of the driver side door, it feels as though it is stuck on something.
Logically in that case, and I dont know the layout of the t2 door mechanism (linkage or cable?), it sounds like wear in the drivers door linkage. Sods law itll be some little 25p plastic grommet or clip thats stopping it moving properly.

Disconnect the linkage from the lock barrel and see if you can turn the key freely in it. Then work out which bit going into the latch actually activates it and secures the door. Disconnect the linkage to that, sit in the truck and click it over with a screwdriver. youre on a roll

Basically youve split the system into three units, barrel, latch and linkage . you will then know which one or more is defective
Old 20-11-2010, 23:54   #45
11redrex

Vehicle: 1997 LWB Maverick 2.7TDi

No such thing as 'sold as seen' from a business. They have to abide by the law, and the law says whatever they sell has to be fit for purpose. Take it back, tell em you're not happy with it, see what happens.
11redrex is offline   Reply With Quote