Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > Caravan or Towing

Caravan or Towing In this forum you can post anything with regards to caravaning or towing.

Old 15-01-2009, 12:52   #46
(RIP) PLANK
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: T2 2004 TDI SE LWB

what we need is an independent judge to nominate a winner, though it may not be apermanent title as new experiences are out there waiting for a victim, and memories can be jogged
(RIP) PLANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2009, 20:55   #47
wanaron

Vehicle: terrano

Worst Van old, really old Ace ambassador, leaked n rattled, but seemed like a good idea at the time.

Worst caravanning experience,- went down to Home Farm at Edithmead Somerset, a good all round family site, not sure if its still good not been for a long while. a good time was had me the wife and at the time 2 lil uns. until the last couple of days. What seemed like a monsoon came, the rain was lying on the field and came over the top of your shoes. Stuck it out for as long as possible, not easy trying to keep the kids amused all day with Force ten from Navarone coming at us. Decided to pack away n go home. reversed up to the towing hitch, hooked her up, but wouldnt pull away, that much rain come down car was just spinning (pre T2 ownership). unhooked, by this time soaked through to th underpants. attempted to pull the van manually to the side to move the wheel to drier ground, started to move her goin well then lost my footing, ended up on my Harris with the A frame of the van coming down hard on my shins. large gash lots of blood and even more rain. Trip to the A & E of the local hospital. Then having to travel home after a land rover puuled the van out, with the good lady wife towing (never done it before) me in the back leg elevated
The missus panicking all the way home.
Can honestly say, wiil never forget it.
Wayne
wanaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2009, 21:11   #48
(RIP) PLANK

thats got to be a contender for one of the best!
Old 16-01-2009, 00:12   #49
Muzz

Vehicle: Nissan Terrano II

Ok here you go.

2006 having a little tour around eastern europe we had picked a nice little site to stay at in Slovenia. Pulls up there late on on a Thursday night around 9ish to a very busy site. Go's to the reception to sign in hoping for a pitch and after some interesting language barriers she books us in and but asks if we find music ok.
Music I ask. and after another few min of articulated conversation I get the gist of a live rock band being on the next night..

Well I goes back to the wife and says live music tomoz all for free sound fantastic.

We gets up the next morning and the very full site is now very empty in fact just us and three other vans are left by dinner. And the three adjoining field are starting to put the stages up real big set ups. Now i'm starting to wonder how big this gig is.

We go and get some lunch and come back a few hours later and there a few hundred kids around but behaving ok. Look a bit weird for rockers but hay when in Rome.

Anyway with in a hour it starts but it ain't no rock band it's this modern weird shit all these peeps have whistles and floresent bangles. Loads of short skirts though and tight tops.

We take the kids and the old folks who had come away with us for a stroll around the fields and gets the gist that it ain't our cup of tea music wise so goes back to the van.

Around 9ish it starts to get a little busy the music get turned up a notch or twenty and the partys getting it to its flow only around 6000 people at this time.

Ah well the wife say it will be over by midnight no ponit watching tele as we had to shout to be heard at a distance of one pace and we were a good 500mts from the closest stage.

For entertainment we watched one of the kids lightweight footballs bounce along the floor on it own accord due to the thud thud thud vibrations. I swear the caravan moved 4ft by the next day.

Ah well it carried on past midnight then past two, then past four then past six Then finised at 8am.

Having no sleep at all I thought sod it i'll go to the loo went outside to see 100's of folk spread about all over the field sleeping. After seeing the state of the bogs I thought we had best leave so we packed up and moved on..

The girl at reception gave us a little money back and asked if we enjoyed the show apparently the one that night would be bigger.

I have to say appart from the noise there was not one bit of trouble and all the folk behaved no one person came near our unit.

That was the first at last rave we have ever been to but we did it in style and comfort. How many folk do you know who take their van to a rave..

Muzz
Muzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2009, 18:18   #50
(RIP) PLANK

Muzz, that is going to take some beating
Old 05-02-2009, 14:32   #51
terranolady

On our way to yorkshire with caravan...have a blow out on the van luckily have spare so husband changes it. Just about to pull of M1 i suggest we get diesel as gauge is on the red....''na na got loads in there'',says the husband...pull off the M1 2 miles up the road,run out of fuel...husband walks 5 miles to nearest garage..luckily gets a lift back with a local farmer...then have to bleed the system....get to campsite late...wake up following morning to another flat tyre....this time husband changes tyre on campsite with lever bars (always prepared for everything my husband).
One week later we were coming back from Yorkshire (Holmfirth area) Sprite musketeer on the back.......just got on to the M1 about 9.30 on a Monday morning....Caravan has a blow out....
Luckily as usual husband has a spare for caravan too.....so there's him trying to change the near side wheel...meanwhile i have to brace myself against the caravan because every time a lorry goes past it's rocking like a good un !
Probably the most scariest thing i have experienced on the M1. We haven't been back up there yet........
Old 05-02-2009, 15:15   #52
tezzer

Vehicle: transit camper van 1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow View Post
for what it is worth
My parents took us kids and I am 50! all round england and some of europe (France, Switzerland,Italy.) towing a caravan with a ford transit 6 seater. We saw the most fantastic places I loved my holidays. My parents are now in there 80's and are still towing a caravan : Bet thats got you all worried :wink:
Thinking of having a caravan site here on my land just a small one up to 5 vans or so.
Where do you all stay what do you look for in a site :?:
well willow we dont need much really, electric, showers (free), club house with allday happy hour, you could call it happy days, fishing lake, all weather pitch, all for £2.00 per night. lol you would never have a empty site.SmileyCentral.com

the best thing to get into is caravan storage, less hassle.

tezzer
tezzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 21:29   #53
Thomas-the-Terrano2

Vehicle: Terrano2 R20 lwb 2.7TDi

Muzz,

seen several ravers on sites as in raving mad. Always wondered about doing say
Glastonbury but thought would be all tents though seems plenty do take RVs or
'vans.

Best rally was CC National '05, looking to go this year somewhere in Leicestershire
I gather so easy run and cheap compared to regular sites on a bank holiday.

'60' 2010 Ford C Max Zetec 1.6i, black

'56' 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0TD, silver

2021 Bailey Pegasus Grade SE Turin caravan

Smile, its more likely to confuse.

One Life, Don't Just Live It, Drive a Nissan, or ...... a Jeep.

Owner of Nissan 4x4s 2005 to 2019, and maybe in the future too!
Thomas-the-Terrano2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 23:52   #54
Muzz

Vehicle: Nissan Terrano II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas-the-Terrano2 View Post
Muzz,

seen several ravers on sites as in raving mad. Always wondered about doing say
Glastonbury but thought would be all tents though seems plenty do take RVs or
'vans.

Best rally was CC National '05, looking to go this year somewhere in Leicestershire
I gather so easy run and cheap compared to regular sites on a bank holiday.
Glastonbury sounds good more my style..

Get yourself down to our National you know you will enjoy it
Muzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 21:38   #55
Thomas-the-Terrano2

Vehicle: Terrano2 R20 lwb 2.7TDi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzz View Post
Glastonbury sounds good more my style..

Get yourself down to our National you know you will enjoy it
Would mate but its little uns 2nd birthday weekend so much as would like to spend
with the gang, think will be in demand nearer home, plus its just after our planned
fortnight starting with the CC National then onto N.Wales maybe.

'60' 2010 Ford C Max Zetec 1.6i, black

'56' 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0TD, silver

2021 Bailey Pegasus Grade SE Turin caravan

Smile, its more likely to confuse.

One Life, Don't Just Live It, Drive a Nissan, or ...... a Jeep.

Owner of Nissan 4x4s 2005 to 2019, and maybe in the future too!
Thomas-the-Terrano2 is offline   Reply With Quote