Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > Caravan or Towing

Caravan or Towing In this forum you can post anything with regards to caravaning or towing.

Old 22-05-2011, 22:45   #31
(RIP) PLANK
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: T2 2004 TDI SE LWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan View Post
With caravans 12v systems white is earth, anything else is live...sounds wierd, but makes remembering fairly easy. If you pull the Zig (or similar) unit, you will notice the bottom earth row is all white, the top row are all live. Makes for a quick rewire job, once you know that!

Whilst you are there, check the water heater as they had a generic fault on the carver. Pull the outside housing, and the square burner cover plate so you can see the burner, and look for sooting. Then go inside and check the control module which will be a black, triangular box below the water heater tank. Check the casing for any distortion or melting.

It may be age that caused the ignitor to go, or it may have been it trying to reignite the water heater. Safer to check anyway!
Cheers for the tip Dan, but I don't do water heaters, so i will never know if it even works or not

But i thank the spark generator (central heating) went because the thermostat panel got spiked and killed the power to the gas valve so it was going constantly until it gave up. New transistor and a new diode and so far so good
(RIP) PLANK is offline   Reply With Quote