Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > Caravan or Towing

Caravan or Towing In this forum you can post anything with regards to caravaning or towing.

Old 01-08-2007, 22:04   #16
jace

somewhere to hold national rally?
Old 13-09-2007, 18:02   #17

hi due to the local council being a complete waste of time & space this project has had to be put on hold indefantly, so now trying for plans to be able to built a house as they said 'they can't approve another caravan/campsite due to there already being so many in the area but they can approve a house upto 4/5 bedrooms' it just dont make sense to me i can built a house but not rebuilt a club house that has been there for 10+ years or allow me to use my land to have touring caravans on.

so it looks like i will either have a house with 7 arces of land or a field?
anyone want a field to graze there sheep/pigs on in norfolk????

gary
Old 13-09-2007, 19:01   #18
(RIP) PLANK
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: T2 2004 TDI SE LWB

I dont think you need permission for tents, and if holding rallys for exempt organisations caravans are Ok too, you can also have 'allegedly' 5 caravans without planning permission, but I think strictly speaking, this can mean 5 vehicles so two caravans and their towing cars would count as 4 vehicles, it is down to the highest ranking police officer on duty if anyone compalins (unless all five caravans ar eoccupied by members of an exempt organisation). So even with your new house you can still have a limited amount of caravans just not as many as you might wish! the head office of the 'exempt organisations' is at 'top barn farm' in Worcester they should be able to let ou know what you can do without local authority approval!

and by the way the hadel fell of my fork the other day :cry:
(RIP) PLANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2007, 20:14   #19
mr-gadget

It may be a good idea to speak to the camping and caravan club, (as they have tents etc as well and may get more business) Ask them about getting a franchise, tell them you have the land and what you want to do, they may well back you up, having a large organisation like that on your side the council may take a different stance on it. and the club has more cash to fight the council with....

Just a thought...
mr-gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2007, 21:54   #20

hi
thanks for all the advise but without being able to rebuild the clubhouse /toilets & shower blocks it all seems to be a none starter, the most annoying thing about it is that uptill 2 years ago it was still being used as a site by my grandad?? got a meeting with the powers that be next week so i will see how i get on then but it looks like its going to be a new house in sunny stalham for me..

cheers

gary
Old 13-09-2007, 22:00   #21
mr-gadget

If the building or the footings still exist they cannot stop you rebuilding anything, as long as it is the same as before. i e the footprint is the same. you cannot make it bigger. but it is still worth a 50 pence phonecall the the camping and caravan club... you may get some free advice... and we all love something free. :
mr-gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2007, 22:01   #22
Deleted Member S

Tell them your going to make the land into a 4x4 play site :smile: & they'll let you do anything else -rotfl- -rotfl- -rotfl-
Hope all gose well for you at the meeting 8)
Deleted Member S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2007, 22:10   #23
KillerPete

Do you want clubhouse /toilets & shower blocks. I have used club sites that have non of these, just some were to empty the loo.

killerpete
KillerPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2007, 23:05   #24
(RIP) PLANK

killer pete has a good point you dont need anyhting! plus puting a toilet and shower in your out house and letting your friends use it may be an option!

caravan and camping clup are good, they are one of the exempt organisations I reffer too! It is the caravan sites and control of development act 1968 tha they are exempt from, this is an area i have a fair bit of experience in and there are many ways round it!
Old 14-09-2007, 11:23   #25

Try the Caravan club (as opposed to the camping and caravan club) 01342326944, ask for estates services and they will explain how you can run a Certified location for them with up to 5 vans. No planning permission needed and the facilities you have you charge for, ie; as you add more, toilet, shower etc you charge more. At least this may get you going.
Old 14-09-2007, 19:48   #26
(RIP) PLANK

caravan club, caravan and camping club and most of the big owners clubs are all exempt organisations and the rules regarding them and the way they can certificate sites is the same! if you are a certificated site from one organisation you can open your doors to members of other organisations in the same way. So cameraman's suggestion is a good un! give them a call.