Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

Old 09-08-2007, 17:30   #1

Default The "New" Nissan Titan

If the rumours from Nissan are anything to believe, and they aren't always, then look out for the New Nissan Titan coming to UK showrooms.

Its powered by a proper engine, a 5.6 litre V8 petrol monster, giving out 317BHP and 385 lb.ft of torque whilst returning approx 17mpg. It maybe offered over here with a dual fuel LPG conversion to sooth the wingers.

It has all the sort of stuff you'd expect from this type of truck, cruise, leather, air con, CD, alloys and electric just about everthing.

Being designed for the American market, its big, very big, with a feature not normally found on cars over here, suicide doors (rear doors open the wrong way).

Its also, like most Yank jobs, an auto, although it may not have the column change popular other there.

Its as a result of Nissans success with the Navara D40, that they are looking to introduce it over here.

There are a few pictures here: http://www.nissanusa.com/titan/index.html

It will probably be around the £29K or slightly under.

Hitwalker did two reviews of the Titan last year:

http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.co.uk...ewtopic&t=2385

http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.co.uk...ewtopic&t=2375
Old 09-08-2007, 19:56   #2
Deleted Member

Lokks nice,not sure about the pillerless doors though! looks abit like the Ford f350 from the side with a navara front. : -mex-
Old 09-08-2007, 21:30   #3
jace

there was one on fleabay the other week pity they didnt go down the dual rear wheel route i like look of them dualys!
Old 09-08-2007, 21:58   #4
Deleted Member S
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jace
there was one on fleabay the other week pity they didnt go down the dual rear wheel route i like look of them dualys!
I'm being blond here ops: are you on about quad wheels on 1 axel like a transit
Deleted Member S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 22:23   #5
jace

yes mate some the yankys have twin rear wheels nickname for em is duallys ive been looking at transit looking at nav thinkin frankin navtran
Old 09-08-2007, 22:32   #6
Deleted Member S
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

If I remember right we used to get the police in to fit longer wheel stud so you could fit the twins & then had to fit the wider wheel arches. So I think you could prob do it on yours & you would prob be the only one in the country with twins & more grip :smile:
Deleted Member S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 22:43   #7
jace

i know of a old twin wheel yank tank sat up on an industrial estate i was thinkin of offerin them money for it just for rear end!(not that in the habbit of offering money for peoples back ends you understand!)
on transit pull drums off you can bash studs out for replacement easy enough dare say nissans not to different itd be wheels but theres a company round here who cut centres outve tracktor wheels and weld new ones in newer transits run 16" twin rear aswell!!!!!!