Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

Old 06-03-2018, 21:29   #16
zippy656
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Nissan Note Ntec 1.5

Good news its being sorted
zippy656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 21:37   #17
solarman216
Off road maniac

Vehicle: Y60 Patrol Me, 3 ltr Mrs

I have to say in all honesty, you read so much bad news about the NHS but I can only say I have been treated extremely well and at such speed it is amazing, I have been assigned a contact nurse who coordinates all of the different departments that I will be dealing with and is my first point of contact should I have a problem with any appointment, absolutely excellent, Rick
3 inch SS straight through exhaust
Manly winch bumper with 13000 lb winch
10 spike ground anchor, with multiple straps and blocks
Super strong body cills capped with scaffold pole
20% stronger springs all round
aggressive off road tyres on wheels so just swap.
Aim to get stuck and be completely self sufficient in extraction, love getting muddy, 2ft deep is good but rare.
solarman216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 21:53   #18
jims-terrano

So nice to hear something positive about our NHS
jims-terrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 07:51   #19
Terrano Steve

Vehicle: Terrano

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarman216 View Post
I have to say in all honesty, you read so much bad news about the NHS but I can only say I have been treated extremely well and at such speed it is amazing, I have been assigned a contact nurse who coordinates all of the different departments that I will be dealing with and is my first point of contact should I have a problem with any appointment, absolutely excellent, Rick
Glad to hear you are being looked after, have to say I have always found the NHS to be really good.
Terrano Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 10:07   #20
macabethiel

Vehicle: Freelander & Jeep GC 3.0
Angry NHS positivity

I have to say that what is reported in the press does not fit in any way with our experience of the NHS services in Derby & Burton on Trent at the point of delivery. When my In Laws were hospitalised as an emergency in 2017 & 2018 neither spent hours in a hospital corridor.

The press seem to wallow in negativity as it becomes a Political football between Labour & the Government.

My Missus has worked as a Receptionist for the NHS for about 12 years now initially at a Doctors Surgery in Town but moved to the Derby Royal Hospital due to our vehicle being damaged in the adjacent Car Park near the City Centre several times.

Then ironically our car was substantially vandalised twice whilst parked on a nearby street by NIMBY'S. As we only live 2 miles away she did not qualify for a parking permit (Yes you have to pay for it monthly out of your wages).

Public Transport would involve either two buses or a walk of over a mile and one bus this would add about 2.5 hours to her working day!. Following me engaging in a Press campaign about the Staff Parking she was eventually allocated a Permit. Wendy was prevented from speaking to the press as a condition of her employment so I voiced the parking problems to a local journalist.

The Hospital at that time had Parking for 3.500 vehicles but daytime Staffing levels exceeded 7.500 employees! The City Council refused planning for a Multi-Storey Car Park when the Hospital was being re-built and changed names from the City Hospital to be re-branded as the Derby Royal Hospital.

Overflow parking for Staff initially consisted of concessional parking at a Multi-Storey in Derby City Centre 3 miles away with a free shuttle bus service.

It seemed that locals were more concerned about cars being parked on the road outside their houses than the real difficulties that staff had with workplace parking. The NIMBY's won as they introduced massive parking restrictions with a Residential Parking Permit Scheme. The Hospital eventually purchased some land and expanded the Car Parking for Staff but this took years!

Wendy now works for a local GP Practice as she has moved into part time work. The level of waste within the NHS she has witnessed is and continues to be huge. I would describe the NHS as grossly over managed, burdened with excessive demands to provide Whitehall with statistics to fuel the arguments between the Political Divides.

It is very easy to manipulate statistics by saying a particular problem area has grown by 100%. Well if a problem area was 0.1% and it has grown to 0.2% in a year well twice bugger all is still not very much.

Back in the 1960's if you went to A&E with a bad cut to your big toe or a leg injury from playing football on a Sunday you could wait 4-6 hours to be seen. I took my wife into A&E on a Saturday about 7 years ago when she passed out at home. I left her at the Reception Desk as I moved my car into the car park when I got back to the Reception Desk she was on a trolley being accessed within 2 hours she was on award.
macabethiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2018, 01:23   #21
solarman216
Off road maniac

I can only express my high opinions of the care I have had to date, the cancer issue is very low grade so not bothered about that one iota, but the very high iron level in my liver is much more of a concern, at the mo we have no idea how it has got so high but it seems there is no natural way the body can get rid of it, the only known way is to have regular blood lets of 450 at a time at weekly intervals for as long as it takes, what then happens is the body draws on the iron stocks in the Liver to make new blood, but could be a year or more, till the levels come down, so anyone out there needs iron enriched blood I am your man, Rick
Aim to get stuck and be completely self sufficient in extraction, love getting muddy, 2ft deep is good but rare.
Old 25-03-2018, 07:45   #22
jims-terrano

The human body is one complex machine for sure. Hope the iron disperses in good time mate, I guess too quickly would bring it’s own problems. For now mate all the best and stay away from magnets
Old 25-03-2018, 11:20   #23
terranosaurusdoug

Vehicle: 2000 Terrano lwb 2.7TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by jims-terrano View Post
The human body is one complex machine for sure. Hope the iron disperses in good time mate, I guess too quickly would bring it’s own problems. For now mate all the best and stay away from magnets
yeh and stop grinding without a mask
terranosaurusdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2018, 11:27   #24
paulp

Vehicle: nissan mistral 27td
Default Prostate

So pleased that it was caught early and it can be treated.
Wish you a speedy and full recovery Rick

regards Paulp
paulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2018, 11:39   #25
Blocky10

Vehicle: 2004 Terrano 3.0 SVE Auto

Sounds like it's in hand Rick.
All the best
Blocky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2018, 11:42   #26
macabethiel

Vehicle: Freelander & Jeep GC 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarman216 View Post
I can only express my high opinions of the care I have had to date, the cancer issue is very low grade so not bothered about that one iota, but the very high iron level in my liver is much more of a concern, at the mo we have no idea how it has got so high but it seems there is no natural way the body can get rid of it, the only known way is to have regular blood lets of 450 at a time at weekly intervals for as long as it takes, what then happens is the body draws on the iron stocks in the Liver to make new blood, but could be a year or more, till the levels come down, so anyone out there needs iron enriched blood I am your man, Rick
I assume they told you not to drink Guinness & top eating broccoli spinach some serials nuts etc. I have only heard of people being low in iron thus having a low blood count.

My late mother suffered from a blood disorder that formed too many platelets and thickened her blood a condition called Thrombocythemia. She had regular blood transfusions initially but the lasting cure was a radio active injection that reduced her bone marrow production. She lived until she was 86 driving until a few weeks before she died.

I hope they sort the cause out for you ASAP Rick.
macabethiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2018, 12:48   #27
johnb5177

Vehicle: 02Terrano II 3.0 SVE Auto

Rick,
Only just caught up with the thread, sorry....

So very pleased to hear that things are under control, with a good outcome....

My Mum had the high iron/ blood thickening, and had to have regular draining, nearly did for her once, before they realised that her normally low BP dropped to her boots after a session and she passed out in the canteen....oops....

Anyway, after 2 x new knees and 1 x new hip, she lost enough blood to even her up for decades.....

My family found the NHS in Swansea to be beyond brilliant, they looked after Mum, from ward domestics up to senior consultant, far far beyond the call of duty. We will be forever in their personal debt.

The NHS is in crisis, brought on by the mismanagement of every government, a surplus of 'managers' and hangers on, poor procurement systems and political football games, a rising and artificially (trying to be as PC as possible here)...enlarged population......but it still somehow works.....thank goodness.....
johnb5177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2018, 19:40   #28
solarman216
Off road maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnb5177 View Post

My Mum had the high iron/ blood thickening, and had to have regular draining, nearly did for her once, before they realised that her normally low BP dropped to her boots after a session and she passed out in the canteen....oops....

Anyway, after 2 x new knees and 1 x new hip, she lost enough blood to even her up for decades.....

My family found the NHS in Swansea to be beyond brilliant, they looked after Mum, from ward domestics up to senior consultant, far far beyond the call of duty. We will be forever in their personal debt.

The NHS is in crisis, brought on by the mismanagement of every government, a surplus of 'managers' and hangers on, poor procurement systems and political football games, a rising and artificially (trying to be as PC as possible here)...enlarged population......but it still somehow works.....thank goodness.....
Yep it still works, I really do not understand how, other than the dedication of the ground staff, it has nothing to do with the managers and managers managers, they are just leaches, Rick
Old 16-12-2018, 11:11   #29
solarman216
Off road maniac

Hi all, just thought I would give an update on this issue, had my latest Urology apptmt on Thursday and the good news is I do not need another visit for 6 months, on the other problem re high iron, I had my fourth venesection on Monday which was only 8 days from the previous one and did feel light headed for several days, but they were trying to make sure I did not go too long between visits over the Xmas period, the good news again is that from those 4 lettings my levels have come down from over 1500 to 966, I will need to continue with this until I reach 50, I have noticed my energy levels have risen but still have muscle and joint problems, so as far as I am concerned all good, Rick
Old 16-12-2018, 12:09   #30
jims-terrano

That’s sounding positive Rick, sorry you gave me a smile when you said that you’ll have to keep going with the treatment until you’re 50