Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

Old 16-07-2019, 11:52   #1
jims-terrano
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Default Rant!

I had a small errand to run this morning, set off out of my drive and almost at the top of the road where I live to be met by a lady cutting the corner whilst holding her phone to her ear.
So got home and noticed she had parked in a drive across the road from my house. Anyway got memory card out of dashcam and took a look but unfortunately just shows her car not the driver.
So took card back out to the car and there she is pulling car out of the drive and parking on roadside still on the phone.
So when she got out I spoke to her but unfortunately she was still on the phone with on hold music going. She obviously denied it and used the excuse the phone was on the dashboard, she then walked off.

I’m pretty annoyed as I’ve seen the damage caused by drivers on the phone and won’t use the phone whilst driving myself.

I’m contemplating going to see my new neighbour later and mentioning this to her. What’s everyone’s opinion, got to say after she walked off if the dashcam had captured her I would of happily handed footage to the police.
jims-terrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2019, 12:13   #2
Banshee

Vehicle: 04 2.7 SWB Terrano II Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by jims-terrano View Post
I had a small errand to run this morning, set off out of my drive and almost at the top of the road where I live to be met by a lady cutting the corner whilst holding her phone to her ear.
So got home and noticed she had parked in a drive across the road from my house. Anyway got memory card out of dashcam and took a look but unfortunately just shows her car not the driver.
So took card back out to the car and there she is pulling car out of the drive and parking on roadside still on the phone.
So when she got out I spoke to her but unfortunately she was still on the phone with on hold music going. She obviously denied it and used the excuse the phone was on the dashboard, she then walked off.

I’m pretty annoyed as I’ve seen the damage caused by drivers on the phone and won’t use the phone whilst driving myself.

I’m contemplating going to see my new neighbour later and mentioning this to her. What’s everyone’s opinion, got to say after she walked off if the dashcam had captured her I would of happily handed footage to the police.
In all honesty mate other than what you've done, just leave it.............

Some things are just not worth the effort mate, use that enthusiasm to get something productive done for yourself that you will see a direct benefit from.

The world spins round and round

04' Terrano II SE 2.7 TDi SWB Commercial in Silver - Project Thread
Toyo Open Country M/T 33's on 10J Steels, Super Strong Steering Job
Navara D22 Snorkel, Front LOKKA, Maunal Hubs, EGR Blank
TunitII ECU Chip, 3" Body Lift, 2" Suss Lift, Heat Exchanger
Black Interior, 3.0 Borg&Beck Clutch, Eckes Heated Fuel Filter

99' Y61 Patrol GR SE 2.8 TD6 LWB in Blue/Silver - Project Thread
Engine Transplant - In Progress!!!
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2019, 12:19   #3
jims-terrano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
In all honesty mate other than what you've done, just leave it.............

Some things are just not worth the effort mate, use that enthusiasm to get something productive done for yourself that you will see a direct benefit from.

The world spins round and round
Certainly the easiest solution for sure.
Old 16-07-2019, 13:00   #4
macabethiel

Vehicle: Freelander & Jeep GC 3.0
Default I share your anger at such driving Jim.

It annoys me as these drivers do not learn a lesson until they have a serious accident. Perhaps phones should have packaging like cigarettes warning of the dangers if used when driving.

Here in Derby the local authority is earning a fortune from a couple of roads where they have banned dropping off or picking up passengers. One is the top end of London Road near Westfield Shopping Centre the second is Midland Road where drivers drop off passengers to catch a train! Midland Road is virtually devoid of traffic most of the time so it's not to stop obstruction of traffic as there isn't much.

If the council could use the CCTV cameras around the city for phone users they would earn a fortune.

Even worse in my view are drivers on the Motorway who can spend 30 minutes with a phone clamped to their ears - ffs hand free kit is cheap enough these days. I will not drive even with hands free kit as I find it very distracting. I have also witnessed women texting on the MI on a regular basis!

Certainly in Derbyshire Road Traffic Patrols are none existent and they disbanded the Motorway Section years ago.
macabethiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2019, 14:33   #5
Wallace

Vehicle: '97 Terrano II 2.4 Xtreme

For the Motorway Muppets on their phone, I have often thought a stick with an air horn and video camera on would be fun out of the passenger window and post the results on YouTube.
Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2019, 16:06   #6
Banshee

Vehicle: 04 2.7 SWB Terrano II Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
For the Motorway Muppets on their phone, I have often thought a stick with an air horn and video camera on would be fun out of the passenger window and post the results on YouTube.
Would happily watch that kind of thing but I've known someone that had the book thrown at them for doing that with air horns.

Threw a section 59 at him the lot!!!

04' Terrano II SE 2.7 TDi SWB Commercial in Silver - Project Thread
Toyo Open Country M/T 33's on 10J Steels, Super Strong Steering Job
Navara D22 Snorkel, Front LOKKA, Maunal Hubs, EGR Blank
TunitII ECU Chip, 3" Body Lift, 2" Suss Lift, Heat Exchanger
Black Interior, 3.0 Borg&Beck Clutch, Eckes Heated Fuel Filter

99' Y61 Patrol GR SE 2.8 TD6 LWB in Blue/Silver - Project Thread
Engine Transplant - In Progress!!!
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2019, 18:30   #7
Jay666d

Vehicle: Patrol GU3 (Y61) 3.0 SVE

That's why I check before I toot!
Jay666d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2019, 19:56   #8
BigBlue

Vehicle: Nissan Y61 Patrol Shorty.
Default Phone crazy

I'm a trucker, so see all sorts of craziness when it comes to people's driving habits. Going back to the start of the year was driving up by Leeds m62 and up in front was a huge long Q. Sitting there wondering why am I here and not driving my patrol,suddenly noticed a rather attractive lady in the traffic behind me. So starts the beaver watching. WHAAAAAT, there's nothing else to do!! The traffic gets going again and she's on the phone yacking away hands all over the place gesturing. Traffic stops again, she didn't. . O she was in a tiz. Let the traffic cops sort it out in the end.
BigBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2019, 21:14   #9
Wallace

Vehicle: '97 Terrano II 2.4 Xtreme

I don’t think it will be long before dashcam footage is used to hike your insurance premiums in some way or refusing insurance if they can show you and your vehicle committing an offence.
Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2019, 22:12   #10
jims-terrano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
I don’t think it will be long before dashcam footage is used to hike your insurance premiums in some way or refusing insurance if they can show you and your vehicle committing an offence.
I think dashcams will become a standard feature on new cars soon if they aren’t already. As I’ve already said they can incriminate as well as vindicate.
Old 17-07-2019, 15:24   #11
macabethiel

Vehicle: Freelander & Jeep GC 3.0
Thumbs down Trowell Services Footbridge J 26-26

There is a glass covered walkway between the Northbound & Southbound Services at Trowell that gives you a great view of the vehicle passing along the M1.

There is something quite mesmerising about watching the traffic flow from above in the warm glass cocoon - that is until you witness what some people are doing whilst driving.

I have seen HGV drivers reading a Newspaper on the dashboard with their feet up, also laptops propped up on the dashboard with drivers watching a film! Little wonder you get vehicle ramming broken down vehicle in the hard shoulder.
macabethiel is offline   Reply With Quote